Hand Throttle adjustment Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Hand Throttle adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Martin Cutler
Prolific User
Username: martin

Post Number: 64
Posted on Tuesday, 21 June, 2005 - 20:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi guys,

Well, it had to happen one day... After 20 years of riding motorbikes, I went and stuffed up, destroying one perfectly good Laverda, and also my right leg and hip. "drop foot" is the issue here. It will recover in time, but until that happens, lifting my foot off the throttle and onto the brake is an issue. I can only get half throttle on the hand throttle, anyone played with this for more hand throttle?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ashley James
New User
Username: ashley_james

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, 22 June, 2005 - 23:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Martin; adjusting the play out of all the linkages and greasing all the ball joints will help but usually the linkage on the bulkhead has very worn bushes and is the main cause. Just be careful to make sure it cannot jam open once you've set it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: