Rear wing brake light housing removal Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Rear wing brake light housing removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Graham Watson
Frequent User
Username: graham508

Post Number: 57
Posted on Tuesday, 18 July, 2017 - 01:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all,
Has anyone removed the brake light housing? I have taken out the fixing screw and removed the bulb and lens and have removed the boot lining (incredible amount of hidden space)so I can see the housing on the wing. How do you go about removing it? It looks like there are some studs into a cast piece but due to limited line of sight I am not sure. I plan to also replace the drain hoses while I am in there (found them rolling around inside the wing).
Thanks.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Graham Watson
Frequent User
Username: graham508

Post Number: 65
Posted on Sunday, 24 September, 2017 - 07:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ok answered my own question. You have to remove the boot panels and then you can access the tail light housing. There are two studs and a bridge piece that clamps the light housing to the rear wing. In order to fully remove the housing you have to pull out the reflector housing and remove it from the bulb holder.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: