Special Equipment Horns Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Special Equipment Horns « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Martin Cutler
Prolific User
Username: martin

Post Number: 57
Posted on Thursday, 17 March, 2005 - 13:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi guys,

The Lucas high-low horns originally fitted to my car B256MD are Lucas special equipment, black crinkle paint finish on the base, gloss black finish on the dome, and a seperate steel end piece. I have a spare set of Lucas high-low horns off my MG that are quite different, no seperate end piece, different points, etc. I was going to refurb the MG ones and bolt them on, (I have a $4 "beep beep" horn at the moment), but thought I might see if the special equipment ones can be ressurected. The bodies look ok, but the end pieces that bolt on are half rusted away. Does anybody know where these can be found? Am I trying to obtain unobtainium, or should I just go with the standard MG horns?

I will take a photo of what is left, and post it here asap. (will give you an idea of what state the rest of the car was in before rebuilding!)

Martin Cutler
Prolific User

Post Number: 58
Posted on Thursday, 17 March, 2005 - 15:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This is the "good" one. :-)Horn 1horn 2

Stephe Boddice
New User
Username: stephe_boddice

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, 18 March, 2005 - 10:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Look at www.holden.co.uk
(Not the Austtralian auto manufacturer)
Also www.vintagesupplies.com

SB
www.boddice.co.uk

Martin Cutler
Prolific User

Post Number: 59
Posted on Friday, 18 March, 2005 - 14:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Stephe,

Thanks for the links, no horns I'm afraid. I took a look at your website - WOW! My MK VI took me 7 years to rebuild, that was after the previous owner had partly rebuilt the chassis. I couldn't imagine undertaking a rebuild on a V12. I remember seeing Bruce Ross' PIII that was a bare chassis at his house in Pennant Hills, when I was young. I think he passed away before the body part of the project got underway. That car was huge!

Stephe Boddice
New User
Username: stephe_boddice

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, 19 March, 2005 - 00:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Martin,

Glad you liked the site. The weather is picking up now - and the use of road-salt is hopefully finished - so I am looking forward to some serious driving in the coming weeks.

Check the Holden site again: they list 2 types of long trumpet for the horns but both are in chrome. Go to e-catalogue>wiring & horns>Lucas horns spares>browse

SB

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: