Rainy Day Blues Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Rainy Day Blues « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Martin Cutler
Prolific User
Username: martin

Post Number: 38
Posted on Friday, 11 February, 2005 - 08:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All,

The Australian made Trico flat blade wipers are proving very difficult to obtain. Mine has split, (not surprising as I have no idea how old they are), and I have the option of some spare MG Magnette ones made in England by Rainbow. The advantage of these is I can fit modern inserts, the disadvantage is they are a lot bigger, chunkier.

Anyone know of a good suplier of Trico stuff in Oz or are they just unobtainium now?

Trico flat bladeRainbow flexible holders
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Wort
Prolific User
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 100
Posted on Friday, 11 February, 2005 - 09:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Martin,
The only company I can think of that supplies these is a UK based firm (I'm sure there is an Aussie-based one but I don't know where). Anyway, this is their website if you want to visit it: http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/en/list+windscreen+and+wipers~wiper+arm/

Good Luck.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: