Mk VI Dampers Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Mk VI Dampers « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

KC Saayman
Experienced User
Username: kc_saayman

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, 10 November, 2004 - 00:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all

Someone advised that I use SAE 20 motorcycle fork oil in the dampers on my Mk VI. The motorcycle shop wants to sell me W20 fork oil. Is it the same thing?

Regards
KC

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 424
Posted on Wednesday, 10 November, 2004 - 01:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That's fine. In fact any 20Wxx (20W40, 20W50)will do too: it's probably cheaper and available everywhere. The multigrade does nothing as the oil stays relatively cool. I've been using 20W50 in my R-Type for over 25 years without any drawbacks.

chris tucker
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 65.95.83.221
Posted on Thursday, 01 September, 2016 - 05:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good day,
I purchased from FS a pair of GLANDS ( on main shaft). They are rubberized (originals were some type of tightly wrapped cord with wax). The inside diameter fits the main shaft snug. The outside diameter, however, is greater than inside diameter of the gland cover. Is this intentional? If so, how does one slip the gland cover over the gland?
Appreciate any help
Chris

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: