Removing Rear Seat Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Removing Rear Seat « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Graham Dickie
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 101.170.127.244
Posted on Wednesday, 02 October, 2013 - 21:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi
First post having just purchased a Mk vi Bentley, B300PV. I am re-dying the seats but cant seem to be able to remove the back of the rear seat. I have taken out the screws from the boot but it wont budge. I assume it needs to be lifted out in some fashion however I don't want to break anything. can anyone help.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2908
Posted on Thursday, 03 October, 2013 - 10:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Graham,

In addition to the peripheral retaining screws, there are two screws which hold the armrest mechanism to the rear panel. See below. Once all these and the peripheral screws are all removed I recall that the seat back should come off fairly easily. You will need to inch it past the side headrests. The picture below is of a 1951 Silver Dawn which happens to be in my garage right now, so it is the same as B300PV. I may have forgotten something as it is ages since I removed the seat back, but I don't recall any difficulty at all.

RT.

Graham Dickie
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 101.170.127.254
Posted on Saturday, 05 October, 2013 - 08:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Richard
I had removed all the screws however found that after 60 years it had simply stuck to the frame. Gentle persuasion and now it is out. Thanks again.

Graham

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: