MK6 Rear Flexible line for the "one s... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » MK6 Rear Flexible line for the "one shot system". « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Glanville
Experienced User
Username: mark_glanville

Post Number: 19
Posted on Sunday, 06 June, 2010 - 09:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Could anyone advise the best cost effective solution for replacement of the rear flexible line (which is complete with all fittings)for the one shot system for the MK6 Bentley. Is this a job for Enzed or pirtek? I am assuming that if taken to pirtek or the like they would use the same fittings. I have searched the internet for a replacement, I couldnt find it held in stock anywhere, even in the UK.

Laurie Fox
Frequent User
Username: laurie_fox

Post Number: 80
Posted on Sunday, 06 June, 2010 - 09:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark

Just get a new flexible bit of hose and use the old fittings. The length is fairly critical to avoid undue strain as the shackles move to different positions including those when the wheel is jacked up.

Regards

Laurie

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 602
Posted on Sunday, 06 June, 2010 - 09:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm sure Pirtek could re-use the fittings. Although they may have to order the small bore hose in. Our branch did not have any in stock last time we went there.

Recently we had to do one for a VERY cost conscious wedding firm. We ended up using clear reinforced hose from a hydraulic/pneumatic firm nearby and (I think) O clips. Looked very wrong but . . . it did have the advantage of being able to visually check that oil was being delivered.

I guess if you painted the hose afterwards it would be visually suitable.

Mark Glanville
Experienced User
Username: mark_glanville

Post Number: 20
Posted on Sunday, 06 June, 2010 - 10:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks guys.Paul when you think about it having a clear line does show if the oil has come all the way to rear, maybe not as silly as it sounds, though the 'O' clips might not look so good. It will soon become covered in road dirt and grease anyway.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: