1934 20/25 GRF3 with Kellow-Falkiner ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Small Horsepower » 1934 20/25 GRF3 with Kellow-Falkiner coachwork « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael Moran
Frequent User
Username: mjcmoran

Post Number: 58
Posted on Thursday, 21 July, 2016 - 00:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As Secretary of the newly formed Polish Section of the RREC (illustrated article in the next RREC 'Bulletin') I have a query about a member's car. I have asked many questions on this forum concerning my 1975 Silver Shadow which some of you may remember. And received excellent and caring replies!

1934 20/25 GRF3 with Kellow-Falkiner coachwork has had a very chequered history before he purchased it and transported it to Poland from an Austrian museum (Johannes Vonier). It was in rather a dilapidated state. He has magnificently restored the car and you will see it gracing the Bulletin article. The member does not speak English.

I was just wondering if any knowledge of this car exists with you in Australia (I am Australian by the way). I have looked up all the internet posts on the important and historic firm Kellow-Falkiner as I must confess I did not know of their existence! Dreadful lapse...

I hopefully await your response or further information about this coachbuilder. I believe Tom Clark has mentioned them in his book "RR & B in a Sunburnt Country" but it is now prohibitively expensive to buy (300 GBP used).

Perhaps someone might scan the relevant entry and email it to me? Grateful for anything really...

Best wishes

Michael Moran mjcmoran@wp.pl
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

christopher carnley
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 86.158.45.115
Posted on Saturday, 30 July, 2016 - 03:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Michael,
I cannot find any reference to the car in the Tom Clarke book.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: