The Materials I've Offered via Google... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » The Materials I've Offered via Google Drive « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3265
Posted on Thursday, 10 February, 2022 - 10:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello All,

Last fall, Google decided to do a "Google Drive Wide" security update which has made virtually every link I've ever posted for downloading either files or folders "go bad."

You will likely get a message saying that the link is no longer valid and that a share request will be sent to me, and they are, but if I share with each individual, one at a time, that doesn't solve the core issue.

I am asking anyone who gets this message to please, please send me the link to the actual forums message where the link they clicked on is located. It's the only way I can slowly, but surely either update those messages or ask forums admin to do the same. I can fix the old links to work for individual files, but not for folders, and there are at least a few folders I've shared.

Mr. Gore, I have no idea if it's possible to do a "forums messages wide" update where an old link can be substitute with a new one anywhere it occurs, but if so, please let me know privately.

This is going to take ages to sort out over a great many sites.

Brian

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 2184
Posted on Thursday, 10 February, 2022 - 17:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for letting us know Brian. Your dedication to this forum is always appreciated.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 4066
Posted on Thursday, 10 February, 2022 - 18:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian,

I will pass this on to our Administrator who will probably contact you direct regarding your request.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 4067
Posted on Sunday, 13 February, 2022 - 08:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian,

Have sent you a PM.

Regards David

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: