Baby Photos Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Baby Photos « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3530
Posted on Friday, 13 December, 2019 - 16:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Time for a little fun and games for the festive season inspired by Mike Thompson's initial comment now transferred below in another topic concerning his short career as a baby photographer.

Whilst most of us have never seen recent photographs of each other which, arguably, is being kind; our baby photographs are another thing altogether.

To get the ball rolling, here is my baby photograph from 1948:

David

Mike Thompson
Prolific User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 1126
Posted on Friday, 13 December, 2019 - 12:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

All I can say is yeah right.

As to the pictures, A long long time ago when I was just a wee lad, for a short time I was a baby photographer. Every so often a mother would want her baby in the classic pose of the baby in the clothes they were born with on a lambswool cover as innocent as the day they were born. So if one of the models climb into your car and lay on your fuzzy white seats in the altogether, how can that be anything but an innocent picture. I ask you?

Trevor Hodgekinson
Experienced User
Username: wm20

Post Number: 122
Posted on Friday, 13 December, 2019 - 17:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As one of my professional photographer customers used to say:

"A photograph is nothing more than stains on a piece of paper......

All the rest is the product of the mind of the observer"

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3533
Posted on Sunday, 15 December, 2019 - 07:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mike,

The Lismore photographer who took the photo obviously knew a thing or two!!

Several years later, he took a colour photo of my baby sister and myself [fully clothed this time] which I also have.

I have a large enlargement of my first photograph that has been hand coloured and framed but it is too big to scan. I have tried photographing it but reflections from the glass protecting the photo cause problems and I am reluctant to try and take it out of the frame for fear of damaging the original.

My sister has always commented our parents took lots of baby photos of me and very few of her during her early years.

Mike Thompson
Prolific User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 1136
Posted on Sunday, 15 December, 2019 - 14:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As we look back on life, the changes that age does to us is a tale of our lives. From an embryo to old. The mathematical formula of the DNA molecule with the help of quantum mechanics and chemistry form and shape us into the final form. That cosmic rays, oxidation, and the loss of telomeres that help the DNA to reproduce and make our new cells, degradate the faithful reproduction of the DNA molecule. All this is aging.

Now I have never seen David Gore but I tried (and this is my first time) to make an age progression picture of him. Only you that have seen him will know if it is even close.

A final word: Time is the fire in which we burn, it is a predator that constantly stalks us, and one day it will catch us and kill us.

Now ain't that a cheery note.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: