Oh yeah baby - A successful launch wi... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Oh yeah baby - A successful launch with all rules broken « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Prolific User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1651
Posted on Sunday, 22 September, 2019 - 09:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jetsetters this time I have really done it.

As some of you know I decided to cut down the fleecement factor and make my own home brewed beer..

Today, I just consumed my first half litre bottle and man I am flying.

Of course I wanted to reproduce something like Zhigulovski Pevo 11% which I consumed in crazy amounts in Russia while I physically fought off my brother Sasha and my woman Svetlana both of whom were serious vodka guzzlers.

I am pleased to report at 25% of the cost of take away beer here in the outback and much less cost than what can be consumed at Liz's bar that if I have not made an exact replica of Zhigulovski Pevo 11%, then this batch is 11%+ because it sure as hell ain't 6% VB.

Yeeha!!!!

What a bloody rush!

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3463
Posted on Sunday, 22 September, 2019 - 11:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir,

One question for you - where do you get your water for brewing purposes?

I cannot see you using bore water and dust contamination of your tank water would be a problem IMHO unless you have a solar still set up to produce uncontaminated water.

Prolific User

Post Number: 1653
Posted on Sunday, 22 September, 2019 - 13:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David straight out of my dirtiest rain water tank. If there are any bugs in the dust around here I venture to suggest I am immune to them.

The Mad Scot says I should have boiled the rain water before putting it in the fermenter but I didn't.

On a half litre bottle the first glass around 375/ml is crystal clear with a decent head and bubbles nicely going from bottom to top and the taste is smooth and to my liking.

I was zinging off my dial with the first 100ml. The second glass was a tad cloudy but I can live with that.

My only regret is I didn't start up the home brew a decade ago because with the savings spent over at the bar and with take away I could have bought another bloody Rolls Royce.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 2153
Posted on Sunday, 22 September, 2019 - 20:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vlad,
That sounds like a good drop mate.

I may be traveling to North Queensland in October for work.

If so I will have to drive out to see you and if you can save a bottle or 2, I’ll come have a drink with you.

Prolific User

Post Number: 1655
Posted on Sunday, 22 September, 2019 - 20:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No problem Patrick. I have my second batch of 60 litres ready to bottle tomorrow so hopefully we should have 100 litres left to drink.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 2154
Posted on Wednesday, 25 September, 2019 - 08:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

JUST enough for 2 thirsty Aussies Vlad.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: