Where to in 2020 ? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Where to in 2020 ? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 1114
Posted on Friday, 20 September, 2019 - 18:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all, Any suggestions for a meeting in 2020 that you would attend, Venue, time of year, or country, Its up to you.

Richard.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Prolific User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1645
Posted on Friday, 20 September, 2019 - 20:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dubai

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User
Username: omar

Post Number: 1890
Posted on Friday, 20 September, 2019 - 22:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I will second that ....
You will all be welcome.....

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1115
Posted on Friday, 20 September, 2019 - 22:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If it means I get to see Vladimir Ivanovich I will go too right I will go.

Richard.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 498
Posted on Saturday, 21 September, 2019 - 06:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ireland but Dubai sounds good too.

Mike Thompson
Frequent User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 983
Posted on Saturday, 21 September, 2019 - 09:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If it is Dubai I would suggest in the northern winter months. They have Texas plus temps there 100+ any other time.

Dubai Autodrome

The Dubai Autodrome is an FIA sanctioned 5.39 km (3.349 mi) motorsports circuit located in Dubailand, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 499
Posted on Tuesday, 24 September, 2019 - 11:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ireland's largest classic & vintage show is organised by the Jaguar & Daimler Club of Ireland and usually takes place at Terenure College in South Dublin City on the first Sunday of July.

ross kowalski
Prolific User
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 1241
Posted on Tuesday, 24 September, 2019 - 11:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry,

I like the date, the place and the show.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 500
Posted on Tuesday, 24 September, 2019 - 11:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ross, you could look up your ancestors in Bruff too.

Mike Thompson
Frequent User

Post Number: 992
Posted on Sunday, 29 September, 2019 - 09:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The country, and especially Dubai, one of the seven emirates, is known as a centre for prostitution and sex tourism in the Middle East.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/dubai-in-united-arab-emirates-an-epicentre-of-human-trafficking-and-prostitution-20160115-gm6mdl.html

Ok I did not know this. No wonder Omar ...

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User

Post Number: 1891
Posted on Monday, 30 September, 2019 - 04:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gentlemen,
That report has been written by a fool.
The UAE is a beautiful place that is very safe and indeed the country of choice for many people from across the globe in which to bring up children in a conservative and safe environment.
The reporter who put that awful report together is ill informed and seeking only sensation.

Well over 95% of the population in the UAE live happy lives and are happy to be here for as long as possible. There are some 200 nationalities that all live in peace and harmony in the UAE. People who have brought up their children find that their offspring return here to get jobs after they graduate form university. Nobody twists their arms to come - they do so off their own accord.
I have the choice to live anywhere in the world if I want but i have chosen to stay in the UAE where I am happy and safe.

I can leave my Phantom anywhere in Dubai for as long as I want and when I get back to it days later there will not be a tear in the convertible top or a scratch on the paint work or anything like that.

People dont how how amazing this place really is - except those who live here.

Come and see for yourselves.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 2155
Posted on Monday, 30 September, 2019 - 07:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents,
I fully agree and support Omar here.

My wife and I have been to the UAE twice, and then again we took my son and daughter in law.

We certainly wouldn’t have gone 3 times unless we really enjoyed the place and it’s feel of total safety & security, it’s amazing sites and it’s wonderful people.

Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi was an added bonus for car nuts like my son and I

RR Forums Administrator
Board Administrator
Username: admin

Post Number: 112
Posted on Tuesday, 01 October, 2019 - 12:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The topic is "Where to in 2020". Please stick to the logistics of a meetup and do NOT stray into commentary. Unrelated posts will be deleted.

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User

Post Number: 1892
Posted on Wednesday, 02 October, 2019 - 04:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear All,
Europe is probably a lot more convenient for the group as a potential meeting venue. Having said that - you are all welcome in Dubai if you choose to select the UAE.
In the past we have tagged our meeting onto an event in order to hit two birds with one stone.

Can we revisit the Irish option?

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2156
Posted on Wednesday, 02 October, 2019 - 07:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My wife and I will be in Ireland September - October 2020, however we still haven’t locked anything in yet as we are still planning our 4 weeks away.
This will also take in England, Scotland, Italy, Netherlands.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1116
Posted on Friday, 04 October, 2019 - 09:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can we revisit the Irish option?
Omar Ross Larry John Stephen Barry Richard, That would make a starter of seven,

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 503
Posted on Friday, 04 October, 2019 - 10:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Richard, There's another member (Kevin Deasy) in Wicklow, Ireland who has previously expressed a desire to meet up with members.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1118
Posted on Friday, 04 October, 2019 - 18:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry, Kevin would enjoy the crack, I would be very disappointed if my good friends Alan Dibley and Benoit weren't in attendance, The venue is of less important than the time of year so it would be good to know what month doesn't suit individuals.

Richard.

Alan Dibley
Frequent User
Username: alsdibley

Post Number: 213
Posted on Friday, 04 October, 2019 - 23:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'll be there = i really do need another key-ring. Any time is OK, there are no planned outings in 2020 yet, but I might need to get a new post-Brexit passport. My wife would probably like to visit our daughter and son-in-law in Dublin to save herself from the car chat.

Alan .

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 504
Posted on Saturday, 05 October, 2019 - 05:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Any month suits me Richard but most classic car events are held during the summer months. The events in Ireland are not as large as the likes of the NEC in Birmingham or the Goodwood Festival of Speed but nevertheless there can be plenty of displays and stalls to interest classic car enthusiasts.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1119
Posted on Saturday, 05 October, 2019 - 21:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alan that sounds good and I am glad Mrs Dibley is coming to visit family.

Richard.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1120
Posted on Saturday, 05 October, 2019 - 23:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

any month suits me also, but its Omar Benoit Ross and Patrick Ryan and others who have to plan well ahead,

Richard.

ross kowalski
Prolific User

Post Number: 1246
Posted on Sunday, 06 October, 2019 - 04:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

I'd do my best to make it again next year whenever it's scheduled. If it was June, July or August I can go no problem.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2160
Posted on Sunday, 06 October, 2019 - 04:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,
The trip we are currently planning is for my sisters 70th, loose time frames are being set up now, I’ll keep an eye on what is happening with the forum and see what happens.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1121
Posted on Sunday, 06 October, 2019 - 06:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Patrick and Ross for your input.

Richard.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2161
Posted on Monday, 07 October, 2019 - 08:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Maybe 3rd time lucky for me.

I do have an amazing time piece I need to collect from Omar after you chaps all chipped in for it

Mike Thompson
Prolific User

Post Number: 1025
Posted on Saturday, 12 October, 2019 - 04:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Normal driving conditions in Dubai?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hf6ke1-i3E

Wonder how big was the paper work for this.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2168
Posted on Monday, 14 October, 2019 - 03:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry,
Where I will be going in Ireland is a small place called Bansha, in county Tipperary.

Do you know it ?

My fathers original family line immigrated to Australia from Bansha in the 1840’s due to the famine.

I am going there to try and find out a little more about the small village (I traveled there last November) and hopefully learn more about my family history.

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User

Post Number: 1893
Posted on Monday, 14 October, 2019 - 04:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That was a great tour of Dubai Mike

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User

Post Number: 1894
Posted on Monday, 14 October, 2019 - 04:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Richard,
My plans are all in the air with travel next year.
Please proceed with what works for the team and I will do all I can to make it.
Hope to see you next year.
Omar

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 517
Posted on Monday, 14 October, 2019 - 05:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Patrick, I know Bansha, Co.Tipperary, have passed through it many times but would have stopped only for a petrol fill. Ryan would be a popular indigenous name throughout Co. Tipperary. Ross Kawalski's mother's ancestors came from Bruff, Co.Limerick which is a neighbouring county to Tipperary.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1123
Posted on Monday, 14 October, 2019 - 21:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar that is a pity your wit was missed at Goodwood, fit some wings on that Phantom, I know you can do it I will look forward to seeing you,

Richard.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2172
Posted on Tuesday, 15 October, 2019 - 07:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry,
Limerick is right next door to Tipperary.

Ross!
We may be related

ross kowalski
Prolific User

Post Number: 1268
Posted on Tuesday, 15 October, 2019 - 10:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,

Now that's a scary thought!

I will have to hit up my mother for some genealogical info if we do do Ireland next year.

I know you think Tipperary is right next door to Limerick but I have it on pretty good authority that it's a long way.

Mike Thompson
Prolific User

Post Number: 1034
Posted on Tuesday, 15 October, 2019 - 10:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have Irish, Scottish and German in me, so you know there is a war going on in there some where. I remember my great grandmother spoke German to my Grandmother. No one would tell me anything about themselves or their ancestry, or even their childhood etc. So it died with them.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2173
Posted on Tuesday, 15 October, 2019 - 15:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That’s a shame Mike.
What stories they could tell.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2174
Posted on Tuesday, 15 October, 2019 - 15:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ross,
It literally is next door.
The map above shows the two counties share a border.

Here are some images that give you an idea of how small Ireland is.

ross kowalski
Prolific User

Post Number: 1272
Posted on Tuesday, 15 October, 2019 - 19:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Cousin,

I know you didn't google "It's a long way to Tipperary" but if you did, I bet it would be a long way from London at least.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2175
Posted on Tuesday, 15 October, 2019 - 19:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Oh dear Cuz,

I didn’t see the joke mate.

Yes, it’s a long way

Mark Luft
Frequent User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 296
Posted on Wednesday, 16 October, 2019 - 00:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick, I'm in the USA and I got the joke.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2177
Posted on Wednesday, 16 October, 2019 - 00:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yep,
I’m going to cop it now Mark

Even my 28 year old son called me an idiot LOL

I even provided maps!

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 518
Posted on Thursday, 17 October, 2019 - 09:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well there's even more confusion if you look at Co. Clare which is bordered by both Limerick and Tipperary. It's a long, long way and gets further by the day.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2178
Posted on Thursday, 17 October, 2019 - 10:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

All I am going to say, is I have been twice, and we love it that much we are going back again

ross kowalski
Prolific User

Post Number: 1315
Posted on Sunday, 16 February, 2020 - 23:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry and Richard,

Any thoughts on an event in Ireland to schedule the get together around? I'll be scheduling my summer travel plans soon and I don't want anything to conflict.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 570
Posted on Monday, 17 February, 2020 - 02:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Ross, Richard is working on it and hopefully will be in contact with us all soon. There doesn't appear to be a suitable event in Ireland so it's more likely to take place in the UK again but you can blag a lift to Ireland with one of us on our way home or flights to Shannon (which is close to Limerick/Tipperary are regular and economical. No doubt Richard will be in contact before too long. I know he's weighing up the choices at the moment.

ross kowalski
Prolific User

Post Number: 1317
Posted on Monday, 17 February, 2020 - 14:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry,

That's too bad it likely won't be in Ireland, but I might just try and make that a stop on the way back.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1137
Posted on Tuesday, 18 February, 2020 - 06:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gentlemen fear not the company is more important than the event Ireland it is !!!!3rd of July till 6th I will collaborate with Larry to find a suitable Hotel, the Jaguar and Daimler classic car event will be the main attraction, I will get the key rings sorted.

Richard.

P.S. I had ask Benoit for some input and he suggested some motoring events in Belgium, That could be a reality next year.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 571
Posted on Tuesday, 18 February, 2020 - 09:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That sounds great Richard. I'll commence a search for accommodation in the south Dublin area as close as possible to the venue if that suits everybody. It would be great if we could all stay in the same place. Booking early would probably guarantee favourable rates. Any clarity on numbers would be helpful.
Regards, Larry

Alan Dibley
Frequent User

Post Number: 225
Posted on Tuesday, 18 February, 2020 - 19:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Put me down for one, please. I desperately need another key-ring.

Alan D.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1138
Posted on Tuesday, 18 February, 2020 - 21:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

larry one single room for Barry Murphy, one double room 2 single beds for Stephen Mullen and myself,

Richard.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 572
Posted on Wednesday, 19 February, 2020 - 12:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

So Barry is the snorer Richard? Finding a suitable place for a large group isn't as easy as I had anticipated but I'm trawling through potential locations as near as possible to the venue so we can all stay under the same roof. It's looking more and more like The Talbot Hotel, Stillorgan or The Ballsbridge Hotel, Ballsbridge but I'm trying to get a large house with at least 6 bedrooms which could work out more economical. I have some feelers out and am awaiting replies.

ross kowalski
Prolific User

Post Number: 1318
Posted on Wednesday, 19 February, 2020 - 13:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry,

Put me down as well.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1139
Posted on Wednesday, 19 February, 2020 - 19:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry Ballsbridge looks good, less trouble than a house, Book through Booking.com pay on arrival and free cancelation, if we decide on that I will book for Stephen Barry and myself.

Richard.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1140
Posted on Wednesday, 19 February, 2020 - 19:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alan and Ross good to have you on board I think we are all going to have a really good meeting,

Richard.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 573
Posted on Thursday, 20 February, 2020 - 02:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

OK Gentlemen, the local consensus is that the most suitable accommodation available for the nights 3rd to 5th July inclusive (check-out on 6th July) is Ballsbridge Hotel, Dublin and with the benefit of past experience it's considered best for logistical reasons if we all stay at the same location but that's obviously a matter of individual choice.
Richard plans to take his Turbo R and I hope to bring my Silver Shadow and Stephen will have a lovely Merc or possibly an RR. Anyone arriving by air or sea is offered a complimentary transfer to and from the Ballsbridge Hotel by free luxury (leprechaun outfit clad chauffeur driven) transport in keeping with traditional Irish hospitality and lifts will also be available to and from the Classic Jaguar & Daimler show on Sunday or anywhere else locally where and when needed.
Richard is currently arranging a surprise venue to visit on the Saturday for anyone interested or still sober enough (further details will be announced soon). The plan is that we will meet up at the Dubliner Bar in the Ballsbridge Hotel on Friday evening and a dinner table will be booked for Saturday and Sunday evening for everybody who wishes to join in, the more the merrier.
Richard is commissioning a very limited edition, exclusive, original, one-off, sought-after, collectors item RR keyring in a special presentation box for everybody who attends.
So far Richard, Barry, Stephen, myself, John and Ross have booked accommodation at the Ballsbridge Hotel, I would encourage everyone who's coming to book directly with the hotel or through booking.com ASAP as summertime is a busy season the world's cultural capital and advance booking is advisable to avoid disappointment.
Looking forward to meeting familiar faces from previous gatherings and hopefully many new faces too. It would be great if those attending could confirm here so that any necessary transport and dinner arrangements can be organised in advance. Looking forward to welcoming y'all to Ireland, Larry

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 575
Posted on Friday, 21 February, 2020 - 01:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here's an update of the list of RR enthusiasts who have already checked in to Ballsbridge Hotel, Dublin for our 2020 gathering (check-in 3rd July, check-out 6th July). The number is growing. Looking forward to another enjoyable gathering. Complimentary transfers to/from Dublin airport will be provided by local forum members.

Richard Yeaman,
Barry Murphy,
Stephen Mullen,
Alan Dibley,
John Cahill,
Ross Kowalski,
Larry Kavanagh.

All forum members are very welcome and the more the merrier. I would advise anyone wishing to attend to book accommodation early as availability may become scarce as the summer tourist season approaches,
Regards & happy motoring, Larry

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2200
Posted on Friday, 21 February, 2020 - 04:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents,
I am sorry to say, I will be a little late for this event.
I will be in Ireland in September this year, so will just miss out.

Wish you all the best for a fantastic meeting, and I’m sure great times to be had.

I wish you all safe travels, and Godspeed.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 576
Posted on Friday, 21 February, 2020 - 08:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No worries Patrick, enjoy your trip to Ireland later in the year. We'll drink to absent friends, Larry

Jeff Young
Frequent User
Username: jeyjey

Post Number: 413
Posted on Friday, 21 February, 2020 - 10:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bummer, I'll be RV'ing through Yellowstone then. Would have loved to meet you all.

The Terenure show is a good one (for Ireland). My other club (AMOC) will be there too. Last year we had the Atom on the stand. The Belfast dealer has promised something interesting this year too, but I have no idea what.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 578
Posted on Friday, 21 February, 2020 - 10:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No worries Jeff, enjoy Yellowstone, that means another round of drinks to absent friends.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 580
Posted on Saturday, 22 February, 2020 - 10:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good news guys, Omar intends to come along again this year, he just needs to check family plans first.

Kevin Deasy
Experienced User
Username: kevin1946

Post Number: 64
Posted on Saturday, 22 February, 2020 - 21:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hope you all decide to come to Ireland, it would be good to meet with all of you.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 581
Posted on Sunday, 23 February, 2020 - 06:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gentlemen, the number is increasing, attendees have now risen to 8 and possibly 9,
From Northern Ireland we welcome Richard, Barry and Stephen,
from the south of England we welcome Alan Dibley O.B.E.,
all the way from the USA we welcome Ross Kowalski,
from Ireland we welcome Larry, John and Kevin,
and from the UAE we hope Omar will be able to come too.
There's a welcome on the mat for anyone else who would like to join in,
Larry

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 595
Posted on Sunday, 08 March, 2020 - 05:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Delighted to announce that Hubert Kelly has been in contact and hopes to be in attendance, also Ross Kowalski has his flight tickets booked so it looks like 2020 will be a well supported gathering, the more the merrier, Regards, Larry.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1144
Posted on Sunday, 08 March, 2020 - 07:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry I am delighted at the response so far, Everyone is welcome.

Richard.

Benoit Leus
Frequent User
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 405
Posted on Thursday, 19 March, 2020 - 23:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello everyone,

I'm afraid I won't be able to make it this year (providing it can take place).
Due to the corona crisis and the measures taken by the governement here in Belgium all my clients have cancelled their orders for the coming months. In reality I probably won't have any assignments till the end of May or even half of June. This means that in July (I hope) I will be working really hard to make up for the lost income.
On the upside, I've now got plenty of time to work on my cars.

Benoit

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1145
Posted on Friday, 20 March, 2020 - 04:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorry to hear that Benoit, I hope that your business improves.

Stay safe.

Richard.

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User

Post Number: 1957
Posted on Friday, 20 March, 2020 - 05:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents,
The world has gone bonkers.
When we recover there will be many unemployed people and lots of bankrupt businesses.
My heart goes out to all those who will suffer.
Good call to delay the reunion by one year.

All the best to you good people.
Omar

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 598
Posted on Friday, 20 March, 2020 - 06:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hoping your business will thrive when this crisis is over Benoit, hoping that you and your loved ones stay safe & healthy, this will pass.

Kevin Deasy
Experienced User

Post Number: 65
Posted on Friday, 20 March, 2020 - 06:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes,it is a mad world right now,@ nearly 74 I have seen a lot but nothing like this,I think you are correct to say next year will be better,in Ireland right now it is almost closed down,it will be a bad year,July is going to come very quickly and it is not going to give much time for people to book etc.
I have 2 Sons living in Lanzarote Spain and all holiday flights are banned for 90 days,that means they are shut down until the end of June or early July.
There are a lot of businesses closed and will never re-open,
I own 3 properties in Dublin which are rented to small businesses and all 3 of my tenants are closed,I have put their rent on hold until this ends and I hope they will be in a position to re-open.I am lucky as all the property is paid for.
The internet is great for getting instant information .
I am not going out exept for buying food once a week so I have loads of time to get my new purchase (B 8) ready for the summer season.

Jeff Young
Frequent User
Username: jeyjey

Post Number: 416
Posted on Friday, 20 March, 2020 - 07:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Looks like I'll also be missing my trip to Yellowstone this year -- but at least I can plan it for a bit later next year so I can attend the RR meet-up.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1146
Posted on Friday, 20 March, 2020 - 20:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I agree with Larry this thing will pass,

Richard.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1149
Posted on Thursday, 09 April, 2020 - 03:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all in the current situation with the UK and the Republic of Ireland the 2020 meeting is CANCELLED until the next time, STAY SAFE.

Richard and Larry

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2221
Posted on Thursday, 09 April, 2020 - 07:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents,
My trip to Ireland and Europe has now been cancelled as well
Maybe next year I can get to meet you wonderful chaps.

Above all, I do hope all of you, your families, your extended families and all friends are staying safe.

My wife and I wish all of you the very best of health and happiness in this terrible time.

The future will be better.

Until we meet again,
Patrick.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 617
Posted on Friday, 10 April, 2020 - 08:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for your kind wishes Patrick, I hope you and yours will keep safe & well too. Hopefully we will be able to arrange another gathering at some appropriate time in the not too distant future.

ross kowalski
Prolific User

Post Number: 1352
Posted on Friday, 10 April, 2020 - 09:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry and Richard,

Thanks for getting things going on this, and sorry this didn't turn out.

We'll just have to do it twice as good next time!

Cheers.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2222
Posted on Friday, 10 April, 2020 - 10:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I like your way of thinking Ross

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1150
Posted on Friday, 10 April, 2020 - 11:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ross too right we will do it twice as good, I am looking forward to meeting you all again,

Richard.

Happy Easter everyone.

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User

Post Number: 1981
Posted on Friday, 10 April, 2020 - 15:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents,
The world will be a very different place when all this is over.
Two week quarantine periods at the destination and home port will mean 4 weeks of lost time. People will not travel like they used to.
All the planes in the world today will not be required. Boeing and Airbus will likely go bust or hibernate for the next 3 years.
None of this is looking good.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 2288
Posted on Friday, 10 April, 2020 - 17:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

One good thing to come out of all this in the Uk is the better air quality.

IMO the bigger Uk companies that go against the wall will be nationalised.

Crude oil will not be in any demand and we will see real change with production.

Get ones money out, cash is king!

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User

Post Number: 1982
Posted on Friday, 10 April, 2020 - 18:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Very true Patrick.
Cash is indeed king.
But what should we do with it so that in 2 years time we dont look back and say... damn if only I bought xx or YY in 2020....

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2223
Posted on Friday, 10 April, 2020 - 18:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents,

You are all spot on.

The world will be changed for ever after this.

For all the bad that has happened, I do feel we will learn so much from this, and we will have so many better practices and attitudes when we come out the other side.

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User

Post Number: 1984
Posted on Friday, 10 April, 2020 - 19:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You are right Patrick.
But at what price? We are all sitting pretty because we are ok... but many many people are now out of work and have no source of income. This is a disaster on a global scale.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2224
Posted on Friday, 10 April, 2020 - 21:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Your absolutely right Omar.
The price will be high, extremely high.
I think they were saying we have never experienced anything like this since the Great Depression.

I could never understand how or why when we hear the stories of the depression where people would pay $100 for a loaf of bread, I never understood the economics of that, but now I do.
I have seen 450ml of hand sanitiser at a local shop selling for $50.
And people are paying it.
I now understand the $100 loaves of bread.

I mentioned in my last post that we will learn from this. I have learned that none of my family will ever go to and buy from the shop that was happily ripping people off $50 for 450ml of hand sanitiser.
It seems to have made the gap between the haves and the have nots even wider.

We have also seen the very best come out in people, the sense of caring, creativity, community spirit & humour has been terrific to see, but unfortunately we have also seen the worst, and just how horrible, self serving and truely selfish some can be as well. There now seems to be a trend in people spitting at front line workers here, when they don’t get what they want.
The police have overnight, installed fines of $5000 for spitting on front line workers, or 6 months gaol. (Jail for our US friends)

It’s frightening really, tens of millions of people out of work basically overnight, and people dying by the hundreds every hour.

Our government here has started $1500 fortnightly payments for people who are out of work.
Plenty of other things have started like free child care for front line workers, some very smart things.

We are on a very tight lock down, but not as extreme as New Zealand.

Here in New South Wales, we are not allowed to even have visitors to our house now.
During Easter, we have all been told to stay home, and they are also giving on the spot fines to drivers, who have no valid reason to be out of their home and driving.

All car club events are now banned, and you now can’t drive your car on historic plates, again unless for a very valid or urgent reason.

This is a once in a lifetime thing, and I just pray we all get through this safely.

ross kowalski
Prolific User

Post Number: 1379
Posted on Saturday, 25 April, 2020 - 05:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ok,

If the CV19 prevents us from having a real get together it can't prevent us from having a commemorative keychain.

I'll roll print them in Al so that they can be sent through the post. (after disinfecting of course)

So I am soliciting design ideas for a non get together commemorative keychain.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 620
Posted on Saturday, 25 April, 2020 - 08:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That's a very kind offer Ross. I've been racking my last remaining active brain cell and haven't been able to come up with a suggestion.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3685
Posted on Saturday, 25 April, 2020 - 08:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ross,

How about using an image of one member's car [or preferred car if they are "between cars"] in sequence for each years key chain?

Kevin Deasy
Experienced User

Post Number: 66
Posted on Saturday, 25 April, 2020 - 09:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I was hoping to meet all of you this year,I enjoy following this section & reading all of the comments.2021 would be good to do in Ireland as the Terenure venue is on every year at the same time.2020 is a year that will make history as would the Key rings.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1151
Posted on Saturday, 25 April, 2020 - 09:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Ross what about a Dubai leprechaun who drives the Phantom Phantom being chased by the minister of war with her shillelagh under her arm heading for Tipperary.

Alan Dibley
Frequent User

Post Number: 235
Posted on Saturday, 25 April, 2020 - 17:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As an aside about hand sanitiser, I think that common bar soap is better for the purpose because it makes an alkaline pH which upsets loose cells. Can someone confirm/deny that - it would make $50 a bottle seem even more stupid.

Alan D.

ross kowalski
Prolific User

Post Number: 1380
Posted on Saturday, 25 April, 2020 - 22:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

I don't know If I could get all that detail in a keychain, hmmm ... maybe commemorative plaques?

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1152
Posted on Saturday, 25 April, 2020 - 23:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ross what ever you decide I am sure it will be 100% + suitable for the occasion or non occasion. I was just pulling Omars chain.

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User

Post Number: 1997
Posted on Sunday, 26 April, 2020 - 05:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My chain has been pulled...#big smiles

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: