Big Thanks to Virginia Brian Plus Req... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Big Thanks to Virginia Brian Plus Request For Pic of Garden « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Prolific User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1581
Posted on Tuesday, 20 August, 2019 - 13:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I absolutely hate it. I hate when I read a RR Workshop Manual when it says tripe like "In order to do didly ho you must engage the services of the RR AC Test Box.

This is where the cat freaks and where I start perferating the back door of the shed with high powered bullets from a silenced handgun. Yes jetsetters this is where I become barking British Mad and run down to the weir and grab a long necked tortoise and bite its head off and suck its guts out of its protected shell like some some type of cave man on pure belt ripping acid.

I would like to give a sincere solemn thanks to Brian of Virginia.

I wanted the RR AC Test Box for my two babies, the Camargue and the Purple Spirit.

Not only that I think some other Custodian may come forward and also give our Brian thanks,.....

I regard Brian as the Turing of the Forum.

Thanks Brian I now have the RR AC TEST BOX in my decadent RR special tools cupboard and sometimes Brian just like a young man feeling up what all females are after, I pull it out and I flick the switches Brian and I turn the dial and look at the meter.

Shite I need a joynt. And perhap several kilos of C4......

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User
Username: omar

Post Number: 1872
Posted on Tuesday, 20 August, 2019 - 14:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mate.... We all love Brian. He is the best....

michael vass
Frequent User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 574
Posted on Tuesday, 20 August, 2019 - 18:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes Brian gets my vote :-)
Mike

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 1107
Posted on Tuesday, 20 August, 2019 - 18:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes to an other unsung hero.

Richard.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 2141
Posted on Tuesday, 20 August, 2019 - 22:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes agreed - top man.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2928
Posted on Wednesday, 21 August, 2019 - 03:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

::Blushing::

Thank you, gentlemen. It truly is gratifying to hear that my efforts are appreciated and that they have actually resulted in making the lives of other members easier.

I remember all too well what it was like when I entered the world of RR back in 2006 with virtually no knowledge of anything RR specific and far more limited knowledge of things automotive in general.

When circumstances forced my hand such that I had to become a DIY maintainer I was bound and determined that I'd use my own experiences, and research abilities, to put information out there that I dearly wished I'd had at the outset.

I am happy to know that I have succeeded in some measure.

Brian

P.S. to Vlad: I fully expect you'll lend me that AC Box (with my paying shipping both ways) should I ever need it!

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 512
Posted on Wednesday, 21 August, 2019 - 03:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian I have one under construction

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2931
Posted on Wednesday, 21 August, 2019 - 03:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert,

Interesting. I had a lot of back and forth with the gentleman from whom Vlad eventually bought his (or I think he sourced it from him) and he did say that these devices are not rocket science.

It's been quite a while, but I also think he may have offered the schematic to anyone that wanted to build their own, but I presume you're well beyond that step now.

Brian

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: