Simple Method to Afford More RR Parts Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Simple Method to Afford More RR Parts « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Prolific User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1569
Posted on Monday, 19 August, 2019 - 13:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Having grown sick of the lunacy of the mixture of governmental theft and my publican's pathological propensity to crank up the price of beer, I lashed out violently the other day with a pile of cash and bought a home brewery kit capable of producing 110 litres of beer every six weeks.

It's only a prototype which is bound to lead to more depraved, deranged and damaging deeds of iniquity on my part but after doing the calculations and putting aside the cost of the hardware ie. flip top reusable bottles, fermenters etc the math shows a reduction in booze expenditure just over one sixth of the takeaway price and even a bigger saving on the lunatical bar price.

Definitely there will be more money in the bank to buy more Rolls Royce parts and perhaps a high powered sniper's rifle to sort out the local duck and wallaby population.

This should be wild and crazy but I don't know why I didn't think of it ten years ago.

Naturally, I will get two more fermenters on the way which will roll out 230 litres of bitter ale every 5 to 6 weeks. Yes, well that will do for a start.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 2142
Posted on Monday, 19 August, 2019 - 14:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vlad,

Be sure to use only tank water, makes for such a better brew.

Mike Thompson
Frequent User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 891
Posted on Monday, 19 August, 2019 - 14:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

When I lived in New York I could not afford an apartment there. So I lived in a room in a house. A room in a house, not even a lock on the door, for $500 a month, back in 1980s. Anyway, the old lady from Poland who own the house had wine fermenting in every bottle in the house. The place just stank. No fruit stood a chance around her. It was popped into a bottle and allowed to ferment. Then she would guzzle it down. And every time she pooped I would have to leave the house. Not sure what was brewing in her stomach but boy did it stink.

Prolific User

Post Number: 1570
Posted on Monday, 19 August, 2019 - 15:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That will be easy for me Patrick because tank water is the only water I have! Basically its pure rain water. No council supplied water is available in my town and thus no water rates either.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 491
Posted on Tuesday, 20 August, 2019 - 08:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've a more cost effective method of saving on beer expenditure i.e., quit drinking the stuff.

Prolific User

Post Number: 1577
Posted on Tuesday, 20 August, 2019 - 09:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry please what are you trying to do to me?

A long time ago, a Russian Czar was contacted by the Patriach of the Russian Orthodox Church who complained that the Russian People were drinking too much and that something should be done.

The Czar refused and said " Drinking is the love of the Rus, we cannot live without it.

I tried giving up giving up and was successful.

Prolific User

Post Number: 1582
Posted on Tuesday, 20 August, 2019 - 14:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mike I also lived in New York in the 1980s.

I lived in Manhattan.

I lived in the basement of a New York drug dealer who had two bullet holes in his back but after we ran into each other we formed a life time friendship.

He was on the footpath sobbing when I said I was leaving.

He was at the foot of my bed lecturing me when I got into a New York street fight. Phuck I did that straight.

But what I want to tell you is that I can beat your lady who wanted to turn all fruit into booze.

I had a big problem adapting to the USA. When I walked into a supermarket I wanted milk. Just milk. But Mike there was no bloody milk but there was maybe 8 to 10 different milks.

So I kept to a strict diet of Kentucky Fried Chicken and Soda Water and then I started to piszd blood.

I remember the last two maybe three metres of crawling in pain along a Manhattan footpath and this NY doctor said " you Aussies are tough bastards, you need to go home, because you are going to die if you don't eat propertly..."

He put me on a convelesant diet ...I was 25.

But Mike the guy on the third floor of Carlos's place, he was in his bed urinating and mate the stench was wild.

The aroma of the stench of his urine went into my cooked food.

I used to look at him and he used to look at me.

And I used to think, phuck I am one hell of a lucky son of a bitch not to be him because Mike he was going from that urine drenched bed straight into a coffin.

I just wanted to share that with you Mike because you shared with me the story of the lady that rented you a room in NYC.

Memories - can we take them with us?

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User
Username: omar

Post Number: 1932
Posted on Wednesday, 05 February, 2020 - 03:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have a general question about my Soviet friend.
Is our Vlad still being moderated by the forum?
Kirillov - speak now..... do tell us the good news...

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3575
Posted on Wednesday, 05 February, 2020 - 07:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,

Vladimir is still part of our community and has posted recently about starting the overhaul of his Camargue engine.

At the moment, his posts require my approval before they appear in the forum however I am personally optimistic his full posting privileges will be reinstated in the future.

This will be at the discretion of our Administrator.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: