My Predictions and it is not good. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » My Predictions and it is not good. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1457
Posted on Wednesday, 05 June, 2019 - 11:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My predictions are fueled by my recent discovered assumption based itself on experience which today formulated a conclusion that a smarter man would have arrived at sooner than I did today.

My conclusion is that in Australia you can be a raving nutcase and still employ people and make their lives miserable and take enormous risks ... Until you get caught by certain authorities and get yourself sued to financial destruction.

A few weeks back I found myself forced to give up a $3000 a week job as a heavy duty mechanic.

The work was hard and long and often 16 hours a day and up to 63.5 hours. I was given three days off when we had a downturn. On the first day off the fool director SMS's me a message. " I have a slight problem, can you come in for 6 hours"

Now I had fully anticipated this idiot was going to pull a stunt like this and so just after knocking off I told him in an SMS message that I would be uncontactable for my three days off.

This guy has the hide of a Rhinoceros and he was rude abusive illogical crazy extremely foolish disorganised AND constantly making totally insane mechanical assumptions regularly when he was not a qualified mechanic.

The fleet consisted of a 9 Volvo triple trailer trucks hauling containers to port 35 kilometres mostly through Perth traffic day and night, three large container stackers, a tractor, large and small forklifts right down to small high pressure cleaners.

All the machinery was is an exceptionally bad state of repair. I think I could have made a fairly reasonable machinery inspector. Yes I would have immediately put 98 percent of this fools machines out of operation until repairs were made.

In two months two trucks were rolled and one was blown up and parked up. Two trailers came apart on the road in peak hour traffic and he attempted to force me to drive a large truck in limp mode with a broken gearbox in daylight in peak hour traffic without a necessary legal requirement of a HR licence. I refused.

The straw that broke the camels back is when I was presented with documentation to falsify repair and maintenance records to record mantainance done that was not done. The previous mechanic who I am certain was no mechanic had done it and it was obvious to me that maintenance was never done.

Trucks with three trailers were regularly going out with brake linings way down past their maximum wear points, bushes in suspension missing, headlights and taillights and horns not working, wheel nuts missing, bald tyres a many.Air brake valves were modified and butchered up and air brake filters were jammed full of carbon muck causing the systems to leak. The engine compressors were stuffed and no he would never listen to my diagnosis ever.

Oh and he had the septic tanks drained and the contents dropped straight into the creek out the back.

I worked in the cold in an open garage on broken and cracked concrete that was not flat. Totally idiotic time frames were made on a regular basis.

This fool was fond of telling me we were going to jail together.

A more toxic boss I have never met.

I sacked him and left.

I needed the money not the jail time.

I hope he will get caught before some innocent person is maimed or killed by his rampant criminal negligence.

At least he paid.

Returning to Queensland tonight. Returning to Russia probably sooner than I think to wait out the craziness until I hit pension age.

There has to be a book written and published
" Fools I have known, Craziness Observed!"

Mike Thompson
Frequent User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 579
Posted on Wednesday, 05 June, 2019 - 15:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Now you know how I feel, but I was the truck driver. Told to drive 1000 miles in one day. Cannot be done legally (and I did not do it). Then Safety calls me up and says you are in violation of your hours, no duh. How can you drive as the dispatchers want you to and not be in violation. Needless to say I said ado (Adieu).

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1815
Posted on Wednesday, 05 June, 2019 - 17:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vlad - you did well to leave this place.
Your ex boss is a class A twat.
Money is the root of all evil - never forget that

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 2082
Posted on Wednesday, 05 June, 2019 - 20:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vlad mate,
Well done.
He would have made you a scape goat of the highest order.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: