Brexit Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Brexit « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 2081
Posted on Friday, 15 March, 2019 - 04:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What a shame we cannot discus politics on here, even if it was common sense that seems to be lacking.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3180
Posted on Friday, 15 March, 2019 - 06:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This subject is entirely opinion and not factual plus defamation laws place the forum administrator, myself and members in general at risk from legal action by aggrieved individuals/organisations,

We will not go there - any further posts in this thread which are even remotely political will be deleted.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 2082
Posted on Friday, 15 March, 2019 - 09:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

OK thanks for clarification.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 2255
Posted on Friday, 03 January, 2020 - 16:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Cars etc before the EU!

https://www.facebook.com/clive.co.uk/videos/10203826920629324/UzpfSTE2MzExNjQxNTI6MTAyMTM2MTQxMjA0NjA2MDE/

Mike Thompson
Prolific User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 1172
Posted on Friday, 03 January, 2020 - 17:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I lived in London for a very very short time, just long enough to have to pay the high tax for a TV, which in America at the time would cost maybe $25 for a used POS. It was some $125 USD. And the smog was worse than Los Angeles. I lived in Muswell Hill I found the people there just too prudish so I left and went to San Tropez and had a wonderful time. Along the way I went to Paris, I hated it there and left as soon as possible. The only highlight was the TGV, and was only thing that was fast enough to get me out of there. At the time if you did not speak French they would not even talk to you, I had to get back in line to get the ticket for the TGV toward San Tropez with someone that knew French and English.

Mike Thompson
Prolific User

Post Number: 1177
Posted on Sunday, 05 January, 2020 - 15:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just wondering if anyone is watching the Netflix series The Crown about the reign of Queen Elizabeth II. They at first had for Prince Philip, Matthew Smith of Doctor Who, replaced by actors I've never seen (nor like, maybe they will grow on me). Vanessa Kirby was Princess Margaret, now played by Helena Bonham Carter (of off with there heads, Alice Through the Looking Glass, with her big head). The new actors have very big shoes to fill indeed.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2993
Posted on Monday, 06 January, 2020 - 03:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've binge watched my way through the first two seasons of The Crown and am working my way through season three at a leisurely pace these days.

It was always intended that the cast would change as the eras being presented did, and the individuals who are being represented aged. You really can't "age" Claire Foy to look like middle-aged Queen Elizabeth II. I personally love the Season 3 casting, with Olivia Coleman as Queen Elizabeth being particularly well-cast. I hadn't expected the Duke of Windsor to show up with Derek Jacobi playing him, but he did a bang-up job, as did Geraldine Chaplin as the Duchess of Windsor.

They're keeping heavy hitters in the acting world in this latest cast, that's for certain.

Brian

Mike Thompson
Prolific User

Post Number: 1183
Posted on Tuesday, 07 January, 2020 - 16:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I wrote the above some 10 minutes into the first show of the 3rd season, it is just I don't like change. But actually they did kind of grow on me. Derek Jacobi is another Doctor Who cast as well. I have not made it that far yet. Nor the rest, just have to see them as they come. They kept John Lithgow as Winston Churchill but killed him off in the first episode. We'll see.

Mike Thompson
Prolific User

Post Number: 1184
Posted on Wednesday, 08 January, 2020 - 10:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What we forgot to mention is there is usually a very nicely restored Rolls Royce (at this time season 3) Silver Cloud in each episode of The Crown.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2994
Posted on Wednesday, 08 January, 2020 - 14:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There are frequently many Rolls-Royce motorcars in episodes of The Crown. Lots of Phantoms through the years along with Silver Wraiths and Silver Clouds.

There have been Bentleys now and then, too.

Season three is the first where the Shadow could make its appearance, but I don't recall it having done so.

Brian, who's now finished off the season

Mike Thompson
Prolific User

Post Number: 1187
Posted on Thursday, 09 January, 2020 - 11:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Having watched S3 E2 Where Princess Margaret was at the White House with President Johnson and the limericks: Somethings along the line, There was a young man from Wisconsin who was blessed with, (remember this was Pres. Johnson) as the ending. Ok that whole scene won me over.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: