Together we will meet again in 2019 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Together we will meet again in 2019 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 1023
Posted on Wednesday, 14 November, 2018 - 03:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It was proposed that our 2019 meet would be centred around the Goodwood festival of speed 4th till 7th of July, so far we have Alan Dibley, benoit Leus, Barry Murphy, Larry Kavanagh, Stephen Mullan, Omar M Shams and Richard Yeaman.

Richard.

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 262
Posted on Wednesday, 14 November, 2018 - 11:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Richard, Thanks for the advance notice regarding our Goodwood geek meet. It was suggested at our recent Birmingham meet that - for logistical, convenience and practical reasons - it would be a good idea if all attendees would stay at the same accommodation. I've been trawling the internet and have noticed that hotels in the immediate area are already charging silly and outrageous money for bookings during the Goodwood festival but there are very reasonable prices available at Ibis Budget Hotel, Portsmouth which is approx. 20 miles from the event so I'm throwing in that suggestion as my 2c worth. If I find any other suitable accommodation I'll post the details. I know it's very early to be choosing a place to stay but attendees can number over 100,000 per day at the festival so availability may become scarce soon.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1024
Posted on Wednesday, 14 November, 2018 - 21:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

larry you are so right and I think that Southampton should be our base and leave Hotel choice to the individual, 2018 visit to Crewe we stayed in an Ibis Hotel it was clean and reasonably priced, I will check them out later thanks for the help.

Richard.

ross kowalski
Grand Master
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 878
Posted on Thursday, 22 November, 2018 - 21:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I just noticed this was in Summer. I'll clear the dates.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1027
Posted on Thursday, 22 November, 2018 - 22:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ross that would be something else, I will look forward to that,

Richard.

ross kowalski
Grand Master

Post Number: 880
Posted on Friday, 23 November, 2018 - 23:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

Fast cars, interesting company, and jumbles... Can't very well miss that.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1033
Posted on Thursday, 06 December, 2018 - 21:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A few weeks ago I was having trouble finding suitable accommodation close to the venue, and at a reasonable price, so I booked a cottage on the coast about nine miles from the Festival, Larry Kavanagh, Larrys friend John, Benoit Leus, Barry Murphy, Stephen Mullan, Richard Yeaman. will be staying here, today I also booked my tickets for admission on Saturday and Sunday.

Richard.

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 297
Posted on Friday, 07 December, 2018 - 01:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A cottage on the coast, lovely, I'll bring my swimming costume! You're one organised man Richard.

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 298
Posted on Friday, 07 December, 2018 - 11:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

John said that he will bring his bucket & spade!

ross kowalski
Grand Master

Post Number: 885
Posted on Friday, 07 December, 2018 - 13:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

What would it take to get in on the cottage lodgings?

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1035
Posted on Friday, 07 December, 2018 - 20:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry that would be a sight.

Ross you are more than welcome, no room service, just muck in, and the cost hardly anything.

Richard

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1037
Posted on Wednesday, 12 December, 2018 - 09:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Last week I booked another cottage, it is a 25 minute drive to the goodwood festival of speed, it is well equipped has a large garden 3/4 of an acre and adequate car parking, it is in a little village called Frittleworth the cost is equal share of total.

Richard

ross kowalski
Grand Master

Post Number: 887
Posted on Wednesday, 12 December, 2018 - 13:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard, sounds grand. I'll be in touch.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1049
Posted on Friday, 15 February, 2019 - 01:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Today I provisionally booked a venue for our get together in July, I have booked a 400 year old country pub and inn called The Fox goes free www.thefoxgoesfree.com on Saturday the 6th a table is booked for 7.45 every one is welcome to call in for a coffee a beer or stay for dinner, I will be presenting everyone In attendance a key ring as a keep sake, The Inn is about 1 mile from goodwood Horse race course, it should be good crack.

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master

Post Number: 334
Posted on Friday, 15 February, 2019 - 12:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for organising the meal venue Richard, I'm looking forward to Goodwood already. Hope to bring the Silver Shadow this time.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1050
Posted on Friday, 15 February, 2019 - 20:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry that would be nice, A good wee run for the Shadow, I might bring the Turbo R and if Alan brings the Bentley T how good would that be.

Richard.

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master

Post Number: 335
Posted on Saturday, 16 February, 2019 - 06:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That would be grrrreat Richard and maybe Benoit might bring his Silver Shadow too, no pressure Benoit. I'm due to deliver a blushing bride to church in the Silver Shadow in your neck of the woods on 27th April. That should be a nice wee practice run (for the Silver Shadow, not the bride).

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1058
Posted on Wednesday, 20 March, 2019 - 23:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi I got an email today from Ross Kowalski confirming his involvement in our meeting at the Goodwood festival of speed, and his place in one of the cottages, a warm welcome to Ross.

Richard.

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master

Post Number: 365
Posted on Thursday, 21 March, 2019 - 11:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great news Richard, looking forward to meeting Ross too. I think that's 8 people attending so far? The more the merrier. How many will the cottage cater for?

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1059
Posted on Thursday, 21 March, 2019 - 19:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry I have two cottages with a total number of nine, beds, in the cottage in Selsey its the one at the sea side there is room for five, and the cottage in Fittleworth has four, Everyone will have a bed to themselves, and there are two bathrooms in each, the maximum in both cottages is fourteen. so nine is just right, So far confirmed friends are Larry, john, Benoit, Ross, Barry, Stephen and Richard, and the cottages are booked from 5th July till the 8th July so there is room for Two more, Obviously if there are couples there is room for more.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1060
Posted on Friday, 22 March, 2019 - 00:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi back again just received confirmation from Mr Alan Dibley reserving his place in a cottage, A big Welcome to Alan.

Alan Dibley
Prolific User
Username: alsdibley

Post Number: 185
Posted on Friday, 22 March, 2019 - 02:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Do you notice that "Mr"? It's nice to get a bit of old-fashioned courtesy occasionally. So let's have a some respect from you oiks when we go to Goodwood.

Mr Alan Dibley O.B.E. (Over Bloody Eighty)_

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master

Post Number: 366
Posted on Friday, 22 March, 2019 - 08:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Welcome Sir Alan Dibley O.B.E. (Octogenarian Bentley Enthusiast).

Alan Dibley
Prolific User

Post Number: 186
Posted on Friday, 22 March, 2019 - 18:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Nice one, Larry.

Alan L S Dibley.

Benoit Leus
Grand Master
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 390
Posted on Sunday, 24 March, 2019 - 16:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If it's OK with everyone and there is still enough room, I'd like to bring along a friend of mine.
He doesn't own a Rolls or Bentley, but he's a real car enthousiast and nice bloke.

Benoit

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1061
Posted on Sunday, 24 March, 2019 - 19:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Benoit of course your friend is welcome, I am looking forward to meeting you all again.

Richard.

Alan Dibley
Prolific User

Post Number: 189
Posted on Thursday, 11 April, 2019 - 17:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It has just occurred to me that I could offer a rather special visit to the workshop of a friend of mine. Look up "Cummins Railton" on the net. Terry clark, the builder of this beautiful monster, is a friend of mine and would enjoy entertaining a bunch of RR/B nerds. His workshop usually has streams of exotic or unusual machinery passing through - he is the go-to guy when all other folk have said "No" after a sharp intake of breath. Ferraris, Lambos, RR/B, vintage or veteran, an occasional GT40 or hyped-up rally car, etc........ And his own semi-replica of the Napier-Railton which holds (for ever) the Brooklands lap record. (It's got a 6 litre super-charged AND turbo-charged Cummins diesel engine, and it goes.)

Think about it - what about a visit to Weston-Super-Mare on one day before or after Goodwood. I can put up a few folk at home and Cheddar has a few B&Bs/hotels.

Alan D.

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master

Post Number: 393
Posted on Friday, 12 April, 2019 - 09:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Excellent suggestion Alan, I would certainly be very interested, thank you for the offer. Monday 8th July would definitely suit me if that's agreeable to others as I expect to be heading from Goodwood to the ferry at Fishguard on that day and Weston-Super-Mere would be only a slight detour on my route. I'll wait and see what plans others have.

Alan Dibley
Prolific User

Post Number: 190
Posted on Friday, 12 April, 2019 - 17:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I can put off definite arrangements with Terry till the last moment - he won't want to organise it weeks in advance.

Alan D.

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master

Post Number: 394
Posted on Saturday, 13 April, 2019 - 04:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

OK Alan, play it by ear is probably the best plan.

ross kowalski
Grand Master

Post Number: 931
Posted on Tuesday, 16 April, 2019 - 00:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

I haven't seen any talk of a commemorative key chain. If you want I can custom cut some in leather.

I did a bunch of laser cut ones recently. The completed ones had brass rivets and titanium rings.

Here's some pics.

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master

Post Number: 401
Posted on Tuesday, 16 April, 2019 - 03:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Nice work Ross. The leather ones are the best as they don't add weight to tug at the ignition switch barrel. I don't know whether or not Richard has already commissioned some but no doubt he will be in touch but I'd personally love one of those classic period leather ones.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1065
Posted on Tuesday, 16 April, 2019 - 03:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ross I ordered them on the 10th of April, But I think your suggestion of some handmade ones would be marvellous, A double whammy, sounds good to me.

Richard.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1066
Posted on Tuesday, 16 April, 2019 - 03:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I bought some more tickets at the weekend and a red ink Limited message was shown when I was buying the Saturday ones, I use Goodwood.com official site, My advice is buy you tickets soon.

Richard.

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master

Post Number: 402
Posted on Tuesday, 16 April, 2019 - 04:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What's the best day to order for Richard? I'm not sure if I'll be attending for 1 or 2 days (Sat, Sun or both).

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1067
Posted on Tuesday, 16 April, 2019 - 05:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Larry Stephen Barry and myself are going Sat and Sunday, but its a matter for yourself.

Richard.

Benoit Leus
Grand Master

Post Number: 391
Posted on Wednesday, 17 April, 2019 - 05:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks you for the warning, Richard.
I ordered our tickets today.
We will only be able to attend the Festival of Speed on Saturday, as we have to go back to Belgium on Sunday due to work

So we will arrive on Friday and leave somewhere Sunday.

Benoit

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master

Post Number: 403
Posted on Wednesday, 17 April, 2019 - 11:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You were correct about the urgency in ordering tickets Richard, I tried to book for Saturday but all grandstand tickets are sold out. I booked for Sunday.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1068
Posted on Wednesday, 17 April, 2019 - 18:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry you can book Saturday admission entrance only £70 which means you can roam around, these are the ones I bought.

Richard.

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master

Post Number: 404
Posted on Thursday, 18 April, 2019 - 09:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Richard, I've just bought the tickets for the enclosure for Saturday too so hope to be there on Saturday & Sunday.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1076
Posted on Wednesday, 08 May, 2019 - 00:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Today I collected the keyrings for the 2019 UK tour, wont be long till it comes round.

Richard.

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master

Post Number: 439
Posted on Wednesday, 08 May, 2019 - 01:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Richard. Must get details of the accommodation location or a meeting point from you at some later stage. Regards, Larry

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1077
Posted on Wednesday, 08 May, 2019 - 05:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry I Have all monies paid for one cottage and the rest of the payment for the other one is due in a fortnights time, I wont receive instructions until nearer the time, The numbers for the cottages are nine we could probably accommodate one more if necessary, I will keep everyone posted about the details in due course.

Richard.

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master

Post Number: 440
Posted on Wednesday, 08 May, 2019 - 07:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Richard, you're on top of things as per usual.

ross kowalski
Grand Master

Post Number: 1098
Posted on Sunday, 19 May, 2019 - 23:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ok,

I have been looking for an early stamped grill for one of my mini's. It seems that either non made it to the states or were replaced with chrome units and the originals discarded.

They are still apparently around all over the UK. If someone coming down to Goodwood would be willing to pick one up, let me know and I can forward you the funds.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1078
Posted on Monday, 20 May, 2019 - 01:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Ross I could do that for you, The one you have identified in the image above is still for sale on e bay I could get this one or wait for a better one.

ross kowalski
Grand Master

Post Number: 1099
Posted on Monday, 20 May, 2019 - 12:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

That would be fantastic. If that pictured one is still available that would be fine.

PM me and I can get you some funds.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1079
Posted on Monday, 20 May, 2019 - 21:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Ross I bought it £28.50 inc postage pay me when we meet in July.

Richard.

ross kowalski
Grand Master

Post Number: 1100
Posted on Tuesday, 21 May, 2019 - 09:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

You are a true gentleman.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1082
Posted on Saturday, 15 June, 2019 - 06:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi just three weeks to our third UK meeting starting on 5th of July, I sent all of you that said they were attending, a copy of the menu, if you could send me a note about your selection I will forward it to the restaurant.

Thank you.

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master

Post Number: 458
Posted on Saturday, 15 June, 2019 - 10:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Richard, I replied with the menu selections for John & myself, if you didn't receive my response I can send it again if required. Looking forward to Goodwood and hoping for good weather. Getting the Silver Shadow 11 ready for the trip, awaiting repairs to the coolant expansion tank baffles at the moment.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1083
Posted on Saturday, 15 June, 2019 - 17:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Larry I did receive yours and Johns and three others including myself, I was bringing my turbo R but Stephen Mullen offered to bring his S class Mercedes Barry Murphy can share the driving with him and I Can enjoy the scenery and have a tipple or two.

Richard.

Benoit Leus
Grand Master

Post Number: 393
Posted on Saturday, 15 June, 2019 - 22:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,
I'll send you our menu choices within the next few says.
We'll be arriving by Range Rover Sport as the Shadow still has that annoying knocking noise in the rear suspension and I don't want to drive it this far.

Benoit

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1085
Posted on Sunday, 16 June, 2019 - 09:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That is great Benoit, I was asked by the restaurant to supply the details, probably to help the kitchen staff to have everything to hand, Thank you all for your cooperation.

Richard.

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master

Post Number: 459
Posted on Sunday, 16 June, 2019 - 12:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Benoit, If possible could you record the rear suspension knocking noise and bring the recording with you so that I could hazard a guess at the cause?

ross kowalski
Grand Master

Post Number: 1156
Posted on Thursday, 20 June, 2019 - 06:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Making some goodwood leaather keychains.
I'm thinking of a surprise clever image on the back, but it's late...

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1086
Posted on Thursday, 20 June, 2019 - 08:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Ross just sent you an email cant wait to receive mine.

Richard.

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master

Post Number: 462
Posted on Thursday, 20 June, 2019 - 09:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm into leather.

ross kowalski
Grand Master

Post Number: 1159
Posted on Thursday, 20 June, 2019 - 10:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry,

Is that a suggestion for a clever backside quote?

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master

Post Number: 463
Posted on Thursday, 20 June, 2019 - 10:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No Ross but now that you mention it perhaps yes.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Prolific User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1492
Posted on Tuesday, 25 June, 2019 - 09:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I would like to sincerely thank Mr Richard George Yeoman for the third key ring for 2019 tour, his generosity amazes me.

Also I would like to thank the Esteemed and Most Wise Moderator David Gore for arranging its delivery at my country lair in outback Queensland.

While we are on the subject of these most treasured key rings I would point out that my favourite was the 2017 one that I thought was a bloody pearler.

Thanks again Gentlemen.

Vladimir Ivanovich.

PS in Russia friends use the first and second names ( the second being partrimonic ) in addressing each other on matters serious. And while I am yapping about Russian culture I will inform you that in Russia you never ever attempt to shake the hand of somebody older than you or attempt to talk to them unless you wish to have your block knocked off. Ha Ha A Pecking Order you might say.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 467
Posted on Monday, 01 July, 2019 - 08:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Looks like my Silver Shadow 11 won't be taking the trip to Goodwood, transmission oil cooler pipes to underside of radiator need replacing and there won't be enough time to get it done beforehand. The trusted old W124 Mercedes will have to be brought into action instead. Oh well, at lest the fuel cost saving will help with the funding for the replacement oil cooler pipes.

Benoit Leus
Frequent User

Post Number: 395
Posted on Monday, 01 July, 2019 - 18:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry,
the W124 was one of the last over-engineered saloons they built and can always be counted on to deliver.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1089
Posted on Monday, 01 July, 2019 - 18:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry sorry to hear about your pipes, but it could be a good move not to take a good car to this type of event, someone might take a fancy to your spirit of ecstacy or give your car a new look paint job. I will forward information about the key for Beachside when I receive it, speak soon.

Richard.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 468
Posted on Tuesday, 02 July, 2019 - 03:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Benoit, Yep they're a very reliable car except it's a 1993 facelift so I had to replace the biodegradable engine wiring look and throttle body loom, since then it's been mostly trouble free. Front wings are beginning to show rust bubbles but replacement bolt-on wings aren't expensive.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 469
Posted on Tuesday, 02 July, 2019 - 03:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Richard, At roughly what time do you think you will be arriving at Beachside?

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 471
Posted on Wednesday, 03 July, 2019 - 08:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

See Y'all at Goodwood, I'm hitting the road in a few hours time. Y'all have a safe journey.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3368
Posted on Wednesday, 03 July, 2019 - 09:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I will be with you all in Spirit but not physically [i.e. in Shadow] - my expectations this year unfortunately did not come to fruition due to work and family constraints.

Hopefully, next year...........................

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 2105
Posted on Wednesday, 03 July, 2019 - 14:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents,
My wife and I are planning a trip to Europe next year.
Possibly September or October.
Depending on the Liverpool home game fixtures.
My wife wants to watch a Liverpool game from the Kopp at Anfield.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1091
Posted on Wednesday, 03 July, 2019 - 20:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David and Patrick and everybody else it would be great to see you at the next event, Our official gathering this year will be at the fox goes free near Goodwood if you are near there and has any spare time call in we would love to see you, See you all at Goodwood.

Richard.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2106
Posted on Thursday, 04 July, 2019 - 06:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,
If there is any way I can be there, I will.

Benoit Leus
Frequent User

Post Number: 396
Posted on Tuesday, 09 July, 2019 - 17:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Our 3rd annual Australian Rolls Royce meeting took place over the weekend and was a succes, just as the two previous times.
The group went to the Goodwood Festival of Speed, an impressive event with loads of fast car action.
But our makes were not forgotten with an impressive exhibition of 100 Years of Bentley.

The group stayed in 2 different houses : I was staying with Larry, John, Ross and my friend Brecht. Richard, Barry, Stephen and Alan stayed in a another house.
It was good seeing old friends again and great meeting Ross, who came over from the US. Now that's dedication ! Ross, you fitted in straight away and we hope to see you again for future meets.

A big thank you to Richard, who again did a sterling effort in organizing this.

And finally, this year, we have not one but two commemorative key rings : one donated by Richard and one handmade by Ross.

I'm already looking forward to our 2020 meeting : any suggestions were to go ?

Mike Thompson
Frequent User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 699
Posted on Tuesday, 09 July, 2019 - 23:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

More pictures of the race and what not would be really nice. And a who's who of the people, like starting from left going clockwise kind of thing. Would be nice to put a face to the names.

Thanks

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 2118
Posted on Tuesday, 09 July, 2019 - 23:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great photo. I'm a UK national myself but just haven't had the opportunity to visit the UK in a while. When I do so, I will definitely time my visit to coincide with the the Australian Rolls Royce Meeting.

Best Regards

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1092
Posted on Wednesday, 10 July, 2019 - 03:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mike starting left to right is myself Richard Yeaman, next is Larry Kavanagh hidden from view is Brecht and next to him is John Larrys friend next is Ross Kowalsky and beside him is Benoit Leus next up is Alan Dibley OBET next is Barry Murphy and last of all is Stephen Mullan,

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1093
Posted on Wednesday, 10 July, 2019 - 03:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Geoff it would be a privilege to meet you at an event, as it would be to meet any of you!! We have not decided a place of interest or a time of year for our next meet, I Hope you can make it if not maybe the next time.

Richard.

Mike Thompson
Frequent User

Post Number: 701
Posted on Wednesday, 10 July, 2019 - 03:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Richard, did anyone take pictures of the cars and race?

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2109
Posted on Wednesday, 10 July, 2019 - 04:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great pic and read Benoit.
Are you able to please identify those handsome chaps in the pic for us?
Many thanks in advance.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1094
Posted on Wednesday, 10 July, 2019 - 05:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Patrick if you read my post 1092 above they are all there.

ross kowalski
Prolific User

Post Number: 1161
Posted on Wednesday, 10 July, 2019 - 10:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

Thanks for setting things up for this year's get together I had a great time. From the cottage right on the ocean, to the nights at the "The Fox Goes Free" tavern to all the amazing things at the Festival of speed everything was top notch.

The best part were all the stories, jokes and laughs with a really great group of people.

Cheers all.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2110
Posted on Wednesday, 10 July, 2019 - 13:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Oh dear Richard,

I’m sorry to say I did not see that post.

Thank you for identifying all these great gentlemen.

Mike Thompson
Frequent User

Post Number: 702
Posted on Wednesday, 10 July, 2019 - 15:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ross I'm betting it was at least a 20 hour flight each way. Bet you were a tired puppy after that.

Did anyone take pictures of all the events and cars?

Like:
http://au.rrforums.net/forum/messages/695/27567.html?1498751303

Porsche Taycan prototype visits Goodwood Festival of Speed 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohHEdaRhF1k

What You Missed
https://news.yahoo.com/missed-2019-goodwood-festival-speed-201400850/photo-p-volkswagens-electric-id-r-201400284.html

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2019
https://newatlas.com/best-of-goodwood-2019/60451/

Wait, I thought it was in Australia it was in UK, so not a 20 hour flight.

Thanks

Mike Thompson
Frequent User

Post Number: 703
Posted on Wednesday, 10 July, 2019 - 16:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

When I edited it the URLs were not links, so just to make it easier a repost.

Porsche Taycan prototype visits Goodwood Festival of Speed 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohHEdaRhF1k

What You Missed
https://news.yahoo.com/missed-2019-goodwood-festival-speed-201400850/photo-p-volkswagens-electric-id-r-201400284.html

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2019
https://newatlas.com/best-of-goodwood-2019/60451/

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1095
Posted on Wednesday, 10 July, 2019 - 23:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ross it was an absolute pleasure to have been with the best bunch of people ever, and you are definitely one of them I hope you come back next year.

Richard.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1096
Posted on Wednesday, 10 July, 2019 - 23:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mike you have the right qualifications as photographer for the group if you come to the next meeting you've got the job. we missed our normal communications executive Omar Shams, Hope we get him back next time also.

Richard.

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User
Username: omar

Post Number: 1837
Posted on Saturday, 13 July, 2019 - 05:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My dear Richard,
You are certainly the master host and I am most upset that i missed out this year. Things have been really busy for us lately. But in a good way and that is why I have not been able to get away from work. Mainly because my daughter Sophie has been doing very well with rugby and that is why I have had a few unscheduled flights that i didnt plan - just to watch her play.
Here is a flavour of my last visit to Twickenham.....https://twitter.com/BUCSsport/status/1115945683276697600
my next flight is to the Ukraine to watch her play there.....
Busy - but nice busy....

Having said that .... I really missed seeing my mates this year.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 1100
Posted on Saturday, 13 July, 2019 - 09:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar my friend what an event it would have been to have the three owners of the Coveted Silver Shadow jacket in the same photo, I personally missed your company this time round, Roll on 2020.

Richard.

Benoit Leus
Frequent User

Post Number: 398
Posted on Saturday, 13 July, 2019 - 16:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,
you must be very proud of your daughter. From the video you posted she indeed seems very talented and as much as we missed you I totally understand you following her around the globe.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2112
Posted on Saturday, 13 July, 2019 - 19:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wow Omar!
Sophie side steps around the other players better than Vlad side steps the Mt Coolon publican on account payment day!

She is amazing mate, what a credit she is to her team, you and your wife.
Well done to you all mate.

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User

Post Number: 1838
Posted on Sunday, 14 July, 2019 - 01:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

you are wonderful friends.....
thanks for your kind words...
Omar

Alan Dibley
Experienced User

Post Number: 198
Posted on Sunday, 14 July, 2019 - 05:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar, we are all looking forward to a ride in your new car when you ship it over for the 2020 meeting.

Alan D.

Mike Thompson
Frequent User

Post Number: 725
Posted on Sunday, 14 July, 2019 - 08:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Like with nudists you will probably need to bring your own towel to sit on so you don't get anything on those white seats. :-)

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User

Post Number: 1845
Posted on Monday, 15 July, 2019 - 05:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

happy to supply the towels to all....

Mike Thompson
Frequent User

Post Number: 733
Posted on Wednesday, 17 July, 2019 - 07:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Spain is the only place I know of where you can walk in malls or wherever totally nude. Riding along in a topless Bentley in Spain might be exciting, and occasionally standing to wave to the crowds. I'm sure in the Emirates there would be a bit of flogging going on. And I doubt they would appreciate if you started yelling spank me, spank me you naughty boy!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: