Trouble Will Find You Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Trouble Will Find You « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1120
Posted on Friday, 12 October, 2018 - 08:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

So a job is coming my way fast and with a job comes true evil: money. In my case money to spend.

It's bad enough being on this forum and making friends with certain people ie Omar who encourage my biggest drug habit: cars.

But what is worse is having an evil bank manager that is frothing at the mouth and pushing you to "make another purchase".

Yet it gets worse. I have another friend who owns his own wrecking yard and tilt tray truck. Within 1000 kilometres he will come to collect my car and me on credit even when he thinks I am stone broke. Sounds good right? Yes it does until you realise he owns a C3 Corvette into which he is presently installing a 5 speed gearbox which I would caller a "howler" because it will be louder that a SuperCharger or gear drives on the timing. He's doing this because the engine he has in the car makes ridiculous amounts of horsepower.

Slowly, this fiend has got me interested in Corvettes, not that I haven't always been but now its serious. I told him I can see triple black convertible C4s with 7 speed manuals going in OZ for under $20,000 in good nick and on the road.

"Junk he says....don't touch them." And during the last argument he says "why don't you save up and buy a really late model one."

Like I fool I stepped into his trap and started to notice the late model Corvettes not only look damn good and much much better than 200 mph Cadillacs, they actually do 210 mph and get there extremely fast, infact a lot faster that 1966 Shelby Cobra 427s which go from 0 to 80 mph in 6.2 seconds.

Quite a bit of money is required in OZ to buy these and even in the USA they are not cheap. However, given their performance and the fact that they are way way cheaper than Ferrari or Lamborghini (and I am guessing so would the parts be) these things from GM appear good value for speed freaks of both kinds or simultaneously.

Australia which no longer produces any cars still has hideous red tape for individuals to import late model cars. There is this bloody nonsense that you have to own the car overseas and be using it for a year.

This has caused me to look up cheap houses with gargages in the USA and indeed in Indiana there are some nice ones with big trees and a garage for $60,000 USD.

I am thinking that as long as I keep my Russian tattoos covered up in an Amani I will not be noticed and indeed I can mimic just about any US accent pretty well perfectly.

And then I started to look at the prices of salvage cars that can be repaired and I could definitely start to smell the repugnacity of a profit.

I really do hope Omar has got something luxurious and slow to sell me in Dubai when I get there or even before because even I start to worry about what I might get up to in Mount Coolon with a 210 mph Corvette in a 35 mph zone when I know the locals will cut off all approaching streets to the man drag while the Mad Russian does what must be done.

Oh! Look at that! A C4 modified to 1000hp, very tidy, with twin nitros bottles and street legal for $28,000 USD. Cripes I could register that here in LHD if I just remove a few items like those silly bottles and the parachute off the back. Sweet.

That said, it has to be better than going back to fast motorbikes!

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 941
Posted on Friday, 12 October, 2018 - 19:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir...
Be aware that there is a problem with Corvettes you may need to reconcile. My own experience with them was much like Omar's and BSA bikes. Bought a Berlinetta once and regretted it after about one day. Sold it at a loss just to get away from it.
As an owner of two Rolls-Royce and residing in a warm climate you have probably noticed that on a hot day when you open the door you are greeted with that fantastic aroma of leather, wool, and veneered walnut. With a Corvette you are greeted by the unmistakable aroma of "hot plastic". It made me cry. Corvette owners who have never had a Rolls-Royce think the plastic aroma is great and I am happy for them. What they do not know will not hurt them. Even if delivered with leather seats, it is overwhelmed by the aroma of the other plastic components that are everywhere.
Just saying.

Grand Master

Post Number: 1121
Posted on Friday, 12 October, 2018 - 19:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Christian, I hate to say this, but you are bloody right!

Damn, looks like I really do need to buy an S3
Bentley or a Cloud III.

I hate the smell of plastic as it reminds me of condoms and I hate them too.

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 509
Posted on Friday, 12 October, 2018 - 20:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Valdimir ,you always make laugh
Cheers
Mike

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 1003
Posted on Saturday, 13 October, 2018 - 04:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir don't spend your hard earned cash on any plastic smelling money pits, get the Camargue on the road.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1687
Posted on Saturday, 13 October, 2018 - 04:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Vlad,
The smell of condoms gets worse with heightened activity as the rubber reaches higher temperatures. Best to ditch them and rely on the good old preservatives and other crap that we eat nowadays that makes us less fertile. I love it.... all that sex and reduced chances of pregnancy. There had to be an advantage to modern life that we were unable to see for a long time.

Plastic and rubber dont come close to wood leather and wool do they???

I am happy with my Bentleys.

Vlad I will update you on the S3 on the other post.

Keep eating modern day foods and that will throw Durex out of business

Grand Master

Post Number: 1124
Posted on Saturday, 13 October, 2018 - 06:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar old bean, no problem with fertility as I got the chop over 20 years ago after my marriage went the way of the dodo.

Here, in Australia, a one night stand can cost you several hundred thousand. It works like this. Pork away and weeks later you get a call: I'm pregnant and you are the dad.

Immediately the child support agency whips 18% of your pay away for the next 18 years and short of immigrating to North Korea you have no way of getting out of it because the Child Support Agency is attached to the Australian Taxation Office. Do not pay because you are self employed - easy they will just empty your bank account.

When I practised Family Law I had a draw full of business cards from a doctor chopper which I used to hand out to male clients. One young chap binged two in three months so there went around 36% of his income. Oh and if she does not like you you don't get to see the kiddy unless you drag her butt into court and that will be another 20 grand thank you very much.

Yes right and they think the middle easterns are nuts. Sadly getting pregnant and having four children to five different of fathers is a thriving caper here as together with Mothers Support payments girls can earn more having kids than having a job and if they want to spend big on drugs and little on food for the kiddies there is zero to stop them. Women have rat cunning, and here they can and do run totally amok!

Hookers here demand condoms so if you want to go bareback you fly.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 2016
Posted on Tuesday, 16 October, 2018 - 10:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vlad,
Here is one I found for you this morning on the way to work!!

The owner is quite happy to sell!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: