Omar and the White S3 with Cool Wires Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Omar and the White S3 with Cool Wires « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1119
Posted on Thursday, 11 October, 2018 - 11:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar if you have not already sold the above could you please post all the pics you have of it to me at cadillacchaoz@gmail.com

The reason I ask is that I have just had 6 months of a mind blowing holiday and am very soon to return to the workforce. That will cause my evil bank manager to force me to borrow more loot and buy another car.

As I have to attend my daughters wedding in October 26, 2019 in Perth I have decided to look at flying to Dubai. I hate flying but Dubai is too far to come by canoe.

Anyway I have had evil thoughts in my head about that car which you posted pics of and after 2 hours trolling through posts in Idle Chatter and General Discussion I cannot find your post.

Cheers Vladimir

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1688
Posted on Saturday, 13 October, 2018 - 05:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Vladimir,
That S3 found a Kiwi buyer and he loves the wire wheels too. The first thing I was going to dicth was those wire wheels!!! it makes the car looks like something else - not a cloud/S.
Why not consider this deal mate? It is an S2 and its RHD too https://www.copart.com/lot/39063868

I think it is well priced

Grand Master

Post Number: 1123
Posted on Saturday, 13 October, 2018 - 06:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bloody Kiwis they tend to be everywhere!

Ar the S2 on Copart. Thanks for the lead Omar. The car looks cool on the outside, but the leather is trashed so for $56,000 USD I would say no way.

Beverley Hills Car Club has a stack of cars that are better value even though he asks idiot prices for "restoration projects" which would be financial black holes from which even Scrooge himself could not escape.

Omar I have zero problem with LHD plus its good for chatting up girls at the lights in Mackay. No problem driving LHD here, but I don't drive in LHD countries except for Russia on back roads, as it just freaks me out and on coming traffic does not appreciate my efforts.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 942
Posted on Saturday, 13 October, 2018 - 06:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vlad...
Note that the $56K was the "optimistic retail value" not the "buy it now" or even the opening bid. BIN is $26K. Opening bid is $100. Leather appears decent and restorable recolored.

Grand Master

Post Number: 1125
Posted on Saturday, 13 October, 2018 - 07:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bugger Christian you are right again! Wish I could fly the California now and snap the thing up but sadly no its off to the grease and dirt I go, but in about 6 months I will break the surface snapping and cashed up like a Great White Pointer Shark.

Now I shall do my Soviet Self Hypnosis:

I must have a Bentley
I must,
I must have Bentley
Because I am
Communist and
Uncle Putin's
Stolen
The Lot

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1689
Posted on Sunday, 14 October, 2018 - 04:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Christian,
Well spotted - this is probably worth the money as it looks in good shape and cheap too.
On top of the price that you can buy it for I will have to pay shipping and customs duty. Makes it very cheap for you and a fair price for me.

What do you think Vlad? I bet if you offered 19,000 bucks you would own that car............

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 943
Posted on Sunday, 14 October, 2018 - 07:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar...
Yes. Indeed. While the last thing I need is another car, it appears at first glance to be in the approximate market valuation...pending a more thorough examination...of a car with 109,000 miles. (9000 is b.s.) RHD cars in the US immediately lose about $10K value, other things being equal. Fair market value IF it checks out mechanically, has decent paint and interior other than some leather restoration is about $25K to $35K here in US. He is asking $26K and reserve price is probably a bit lower so an offer of $19K would be in the ball park with caveat of inspection to verify.

Grand Master

Post Number: 1126
Posted on Sunday, 14 October, 2018 - 10:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jetsetters! I thank you all for your contributions to the threads I create especially the last two.

Indeed I have just come out of a 6 month party where hedonism was the key word. So vicious was the party that I have gone off the liquor and tobacco cold turkey. I did not do this because I had to but because well it just was not working for me anymore in the way it should and I thought "look at that! what a bloody perfect way to deprive the thieving Oz government of loot as these two items are taxed to oblivion here". Yes really if the swine politicians had half a brain between the lot of them in Canberra they would remove the name Australian Parliament from the building and put up "Pigs Trough". That way they would have some hope in having the Australian people trust them. Right now the attitude is if a politicians lips are moving and a sound is coming out they are lying like hungry hounds and pulling a major con job simultaneously.

Its always been dead easy for me to get off the booze but the bloody nicotine, well even heroin junkies will tell you getting off nicotine is worse than getting off the smack. But yes I croaked nicotine as well and I know I will never smoke again and that the closest I will get to a filthy fag is when I am French Kissing an Indonesian hooker who smokes. Actually make that two Indonesian hookers because I have been there before.

That said, there is now 2-3 hundred dollars flowing into my account and staying there from this simple move. That equates to 10-15K in surplus for parts.

And as the great Lenin said prior Stalin taking over the caper "What is to be done"

In this regard, at least this morning I have decided to follow the advice of richyrich but supercharge his idea.

That is to say get the bloody Camargue on the road, followed by a repaint of the Cadillac's boot along with new fuel pumps, then flow some supercool silver metallic upon the 420G Jaguar (Gosh I idiolize that car - perhaps because its been parked in my living space for a few years), then start rust removal on the Mark 1 Jaguar and the WB Holden Panel Van.

I don't know if I have ever told you chaps but I love rust - or at least rust removal and I am bloody good at it and also at getting behind secret squirrel panels and doing rust prevention.

That said, I have to thank the evil one, Omar, for switching me onto copart. Just why the hell I have not come across this site before is just beyond me as its not rare for me to spend up to 8 hours a day surfing the net looking at cars and prices.

Yes indeedy. Not only did Omar point me in the direction of what looks like a very nice S2 Bentley for a reasonable price, he opened up Pandora's Box and I found Spurs and Maybachs that I could make a buck on.

I started to run figures and indeed found some rather nice houses in Indiana not only in financial striking range but very pretty where I could establish a small garage to put plan Z into action. Plan Z naturally includes raping the Australian Government Legally by getting around their nonsensical import laws and loose minded meddling in my car affairs.

It's easy - purchase two Spurs to build one perfect car, then ship them both to OZ, build the right one and either sell off the parts or keep them in your own stock. With Maybach, live with it for a year in Indiana while you sample to local ladies, then ship it and convert it to get it on the road. Especially black ones. Yes this is true King Billy Kapers. Never mind the bloody electronics, rip that computer from the car and modify the bugger so its runs (nobody will know unless you sell it and I never sell I only buy)

However, I am pretty sure I will go for richyrich's idea as the Australian Dollar appears to have gone on a "lets go and see what the centre of the earth looks like" yet again and although history tells me it can sink to 65c history also tells me the damn thing can fly up again and hopefully when it does I will strike like a Katushka Rocket.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1690
Posted on Monday, 15 October, 2018 - 01:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

right now i have the highest bids for these cars:
https://www.copart.com/lot/47302788
https://www.copart.com/lot/47641918
https://www.copart.com/lot/47483978

But also look at this.............. which I have not bid for
https://www.copart.com/lot/46528448

Grand Master

Post Number: 1130
Posted on Monday, 15 October, 2018 - 05:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bloody typical isn't it.

All the time we imagine Omar is doing it hard in the middle east, sand grit in his teeth, getting the occasional clout from the missus for offering a home to some rusty classic that is a hand me down from a billionaire oil sheik when in reality, he is tooling around the international car auction market and plundering like a bloody Caribbean pirate.

Nice 600 Omar, do post on that one if you win.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1692
Posted on Tuesday, 16 October, 2018 - 04:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

hahahahahahahahaha

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: