Hilarious Ghost Town - Glenden Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Hilarious Ghost Town - Glenden « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 985
Posted on Wednesday, 27 June, 2018 - 03:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

So on my way to do the 124 kilometer fortnightly shopping at Collinsville. Half way there at the Glenden turnoff there is a police road block.

The policeman says there has been a truck roll over and there is now a 2.5 kilometer exclusion zone so going to Collinsville is out of the question. So I divert to Glenden to shop.

I have no cash on me but know there is a branch of my bank in Glenden. I get to Glenden and surprise surprise there is NO bank at all. I am told it closed two years ago.

So I am low on fuel out of food and I have zero cash.

Luckily for me I used to work in Glenden at a mechanical workshop. When I used to test drive Toyota Land cruisers owned by the mine I would drive up to the cemetery. In the cemetery there was only one grave.

Glenden then had over thousand people in it. Glenden is a mining town for coal. People there hate the town that much they will not bury their dead in it. The cemetery has a very eerie feel to it. That was almost five years ago.

Lucky for me my ex boss lends me $100 so I can get out of town. So I go back to the roadblock and wait for the road to open to Collinsville for two and a half hours. Yes I go past Jax Coal Mine - its closed too and has been four years.

Last year there was a big protest over the Adani Mine. Police were involved dragging protesters away to holding cells. Adani is an Indian billionaire. Australian governments both Federal and State have hopped right into bed with this guy regardless of the fact that his environmental record in both India and Zambia is a horror story.

No Australian Bank or even Chinese bank will finance the Adani mine in Queensland but our government continue to kiss Adani's rear end like there is no tomorrow.

Adani has been very quiet in the media lately.

And there is still only one grave in Glenden.

If you believe pigs can fly then you can believe the Adani mine will be built.

Across the road on Pub land area 22 industrial caravans put there by somebody who believed in the Adani mine. They have been there for over six months. Each caravan is empty. Yes as empty as our politicians craniums.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: