Four Swines Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Four Swines « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 817
Posted on Wednesday, 31 January, 2018 - 06:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes Jetsetters, four foul things I distrust- politicians, tyres, batteries and alternators.

Last Thursday , my illogical gonzo theory was proven right again. Right at dusk on the gravel road home in the the middle of bloody nowhere the headlights on my faithful Falcon Pano dimmed and the engine died.

However, I was going again in under 5 minutes as I am perpetually ready for a vicious swine attack at any moment and anywhere. I simply swapped the flat battery for a fully charged one I always carry.

The alternator was not charging! Under two years ago it had been reconditioned by an Auto Electrician who I give tens of thousands of dollars worth of work every year. And there it was the bastard had died, the foul rotter.

There would be no change out of a grand for a tow fee where the car stopped, and indeed the phone does not work out there at all, because there is no signal.

Hence, my motto, always carry a spare battery. And because batteries are nasty Thatcher like things that self corrode and spill acid everywhere if tipped I carry the foul thing in a marine battery case well secured.

I am off now to see my sparky and insert the reconditioned alternator in him where the sun don't shine!

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 438
Posted on Thursday, 01 February, 2018 - 20:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Vladimir
Is your sparky walking funny now or did the alternator work on test?
In your four foul things how could you forget to mention women and computers lol
Cheers
Mike

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 918
Posted on Thursday, 01 February, 2018 - 23:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You could also add, Banks, and Lawyers.

Richard.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: