2018 UK Tour & Birmingham Classic Car... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » 2018 UK Tour & Birmingham Classic Car Show 9-11 November « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1308
Posted on Sunday, 17 September, 2017 - 05:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear All,
Following this year's successful "Geek Meet" there has been some chat about a tour next year for us to combine a gathering with the annual Birmingham Classic car show in the UK.

I think I may be able to attend.
Are there interested people out there?

Benoit Leus
Grand Master
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 307
Posted on Sunday, 17 September, 2017 - 06:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,

how could I miss this.
I will definitely attend and, depending on his schedule at university, so will my son Alec.

Already looking forward to it.

Benoit

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1309
Posted on Sunday, 17 September, 2017 - 06:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Fantastic Benoit.
So that is 4 of us so far.... you Alec Richard Yeaman and I ....

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 825
Posted on Sunday, 17 September, 2017 - 07:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar you have got your sums right, count me in.

Richard.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 828
Posted on Monday, 18 September, 2017 - 08:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Stephen Mullen is also interested in joining us for a couple of days.

Alan Dibley
Frequent User
Username: alsdibley

Post Number: 86
Posted on Monday, 18 September, 2017 - 17:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Add me in, too. I usually go anyway, but with you lot is better.

Alan D.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1313
Posted on Tuesday, 19 September, 2017 - 05:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That's such great news!!!
6 cool dudes so far!!
This is great....................

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 835
Posted on Friday, 29 September, 2017 - 07:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Had a visit today from my friend Barry Murphy, he has momentarily forgot his password for the forum and says hi to all of you that he met on the UK tour 2017, he also wishes to be included in the 2018 meeting.

Richard.

Michael Carr
Experienced User
Username: carsie

Post Number: 33
Posted on Friday, 29 September, 2017 - 07:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Count me in Guys :-)

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 102
Posted on Friday, 29 September, 2017 - 08:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'd like to join in too. Any dates yet?

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 836
Posted on Friday, 29 September, 2017 - 09:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Michael and Larry that is great news, the exact date has to be thought about, Either we start at the NEC classic car show or end at the NEC Classic car show, I am sure there will be a lot of discussion about our itinerary as soon as the dates for the NEC Classic car show is announced,

Richard.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2678
Posted on Friday, 29 September, 2017 - 12:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

Barry can reset his password as below:

"You can reset your password yourself by following the procedure below:

1. Open the following link:

http://au.rrforums.net/cgi-bin/forum/discus.pl

2. Go to UTILITIES in the menu on the LHS of the page and click on EDIT PROFILE - a page headed PROFILE EDITOR will open.

3. Enter your user name in the "User Name" box and then go to bottom of log-in box and click on "Click here to restore access".

A reset link should be sent from the forum to your email address and just follow the instructions - you will need a new password as the old one cannot be recycled [I suggest your chassis or registration number as these are easy to remember]."

Hope this solves his problem.

P.S. Another way to get around the problem of forgotten passwords is to use a browser that allows the selection and storage of the address and password [when applicable] of favourite websites.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 837
Posted on Friday, 29 September, 2017 - 17:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David thank you for that, I am sure others will find it useful as well.

Richard.

David Gore

Post Number: 2679
Posted on Friday, 29 September, 2017 - 17:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

Have sent you a message with Barry's username just in case..............

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1327
Posted on Saturday, 30 September, 2017 - 03:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This Tour is picking up already.
Well done Richard for shepherding us.
here is the list so far then:

Richard Yeaman
Larry Kavanagh
Michael Carr
Barry Murphy
Alan Dibley
Stephen Mullen
Benoit Leus
Alec Leus
Omar Shams

Almost an army!!!
Like Richard says - as soon as the NEC dates are confirmed for 2018 - we will plan our timetable.

Keep the enthusiasm going
Omar

Ben Curtis
Frequent User
Username: burgundyben

Post Number: 79
Posted on Thursday, 12 October, 2017 - 23:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

All I have to do, is sell a house, buy a house, build a shed, fit my rebuilt engine, get the car working, catch a ferry, drive to Brum.

Easy peasey. See you there.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1712
Posted on Friday, 13 October, 2017 - 01:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,
I may be able to attend if the dates don’t clash with quite a few work functions in 2018.
Also if I can get leave.

Do we have any rough dates yet?

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 848
Posted on Friday, 13 October, 2017 - 06:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ben and Patrick that would be fantastic if you can come, my contact in the Hunt House has made a request on our behalf for a visit to the Good wood factory to coincide with NEC classic car show so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this might happen, Perhaps some other places of interest could be suggested,

Richard.

Ben Curtis
Frequent User

Post Number: 80
Posted on Friday, 13 October, 2017 - 18:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm a Goodwood Road Racing Club member, so I could book us a table for lunch in the club house, The Kennels.

Brooklands is worth a visit, as is the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, both about an hours drive from Goodwood.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1632
Posted on Saturday, 18 November, 2017 - 20:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

NEC classic car show 2018 date is 9-11 November.

http://www.necclassicmotorshow.com/

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1358
Posted on Sunday, 19 November, 2017 - 01:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear David,
Now that Patrick has given us the dates, can we change the title of this thread to
"2018 UK Tour & Birmingham Classic Car Show 9-11 November" or something like that?
Thanks
Omar

David Gore

Post Number: 2728
Posted on Sunday, 19 November, 2017 - 06:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Omar,

Your wish is my command - done .

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 864
Posted on Sunday, 19 November, 2017 - 08:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well Gents that is great news that the dates are confirmed, thank you Patrick L,

Richard.

Patrick Francis
Prolific User
Username: jackpot

Post Number: 206
Posted on Sunday, 19 November, 2017 - 09:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sounds great guys. Please put my name down. I will be coming with my brother Noel.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 865
Posted on Sunday, 19 November, 2017 - 20:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick and Noel fantastic, I think that makes twelve so far.

Richard.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1821
Posted on Thursday, 11 January, 2018 - 12:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents,

Is this now confirmed get together just for the days of 9-11 November 2018?

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1395
Posted on Friday, 12 January, 2018 - 03:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes indeed.
If however anyone wants to add to the dates (before or after the event) then please go ahead and propose it.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1396
Posted on Friday, 12 January, 2018 - 03:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear David and Patrick,
Will we have any Aussies joining us this year then???

Hey Richard and Benoit - if them Aussies come, we will have to show the some Irish/Arab/Belgian hospitality on English soil.

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 138
Posted on Friday, 12 January, 2018 - 11:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just checked accommodation in the local area near the NEC. There are 70+% discounts available for rooms in November if booked now. If the itinerary could be agreed soon it might save some people on room expenses if they could book well in advance. I suspect that room rates will increase as time progresses. I'll go along with the general consensus regarding any times, dates and venues that may be suggested.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1397
Posted on Friday, 12 January, 2018 - 18:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Larry,
It is a great idea to book in advance.
Any suggestions of where we can stay?
somewhere with a good tavern nearby would be a good idea.

Thanks
Omar

Benoit Leus
Grand Master

Post Number: 321
Posted on Friday, 12 January, 2018 - 19:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,

I’m eagerly awaiting our Australian friends to come. We will make sure it’s worth the trip.
Not only on British soil, but also in Belgium. Before or after our NEC gathering I’ll be glad to show you around our highlights : not just Bruges, but also Autoworld (a top car museum) and of course our Belgian beer and chocolates.

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 139
Posted on Saturday, 13 January, 2018 - 03:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Omar, In Patrick Lockyer's post above dated 18th November there are a list of hotels within walking distance of the NEC, the airport and train station are also within walking distance. I'm from Ireland (the home of Guinness) where the only brand of real Guinness is brewed and distributed for the exclusive benefit of Irish residents only, it's far superior to anything available outside of this island. I can't help regarding good taverns as I've never been to Birmingham but no doubt some of our British members will be better able to advise. Personally I don't drink alcoholic beverage as I find that it adversely affects my driving!

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1398
Posted on Saturday, 13 January, 2018 - 04:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Larry.
I have booked at the Hilton Metropole for the 9th to 11th November 2018.
Hotel details:
Hilton Birmingham Metropole
The NEC Birmingham, Pendigo Way, Birmingham, B40 1PP, United Kingdom

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1822
Posted on Saturday, 13 January, 2018 - 06:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents
We are just trying to confirm some dates.
Will keep you posted.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1823
Posted on Saturday, 13 January, 2018 - 06:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

When are the Goodwood days on boys?

Or any other big ticket things?

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 141
Posted on Saturday, 13 January, 2018 - 08:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just booked the Arden Hotel near the NEC, £140 total for 2 nights. Friend, John, is travelling with me, he has no interest in things mechanical but likes to admire classic cars and drink beer but not necessarily in that order.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1724
Posted on Saturday, 13 January, 2018 - 10:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Patrick R, dates are as follows.

Dates for the 2018 Festival of Speed and Revival. The action-packed Festival of Speed will take place from July 12-15, with the extravaganza of historic racing and period clothing that is the Revival happening from September 7-9.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 909
Posted on Saturday, 13 January, 2018 - 23:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just booked the Arden Hotel same as Larry, 460 metres from NEC Booked a family room for four for £218 from 9 till 11th, Barry and Stephen will probably go with me.

Richard.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 912
Posted on Wednesday, 17 January, 2018 - 08:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

hi Barry Murphy and Stephen Mullen have confirmed they will be traveling with me,

Richard.

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 143
Posted on Wednesday, 17 January, 2018 - 09:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Any confirmation regarding planned itinerary in conjunction with NEC would be welcome so that advance bookings can be made?

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 923
Posted on Saturday, 17 February, 2018 - 05:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gentlemen earlier in this thread I said I had approached my contact in the RREC about a visit to Rolls Royce Goodwood factory to coincide with our visit to Birmingham NEC classic car show unfortunately Cullinan has put a hold on that for this year, So does anyone have any suggestions as to any other place or event that be of interest, If so post on this thread with your suggestions.

Richard.

Ben Curtis
Frequent User

Post Number: 88
Posted on Saturday, 17 February, 2018 - 07:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The National Motor Museum at Beaulieu is worth visiting.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 924
Posted on Saturday, 17 February, 2018 - 08:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Ben yes it is a great place to visit, four of our members attended in September at our first forum meet, maybe somewhere closer to Birmingham or Manchester would cut down on the traveling, I think there is a motorcycle Museum in Birmingham, Any more suggestions anyone.

Richard.

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 145
Posted on Saturday, 17 February, 2018 - 10:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I visited the Leyland Commercial Museum last year and was impressed with their display of commercial vehicles and engines. Stayed at the Hallmark Leyland Hotel and the food was good. The main purpose of my visit was to attend an open day at Coupe and Cabriolet who have a great selection of top quality used Mercedes Benz cars for sale (see their web site). They are located within the old Leyland Works buildings and within a couple of hundred yards of the Leyland Commercial Museum. It's roughly an hour's drive North of Manchester but I travelled there by train. Just a suggestion more than a proposal, maybe not everyone's cup of tea!

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1413
Posted on Saturday, 17 February, 2018 - 16:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I visited the Aston Martin factory many years ago when I had one of their cars.
It was great to see that place. If we end up visiting this factory there will be lots of parallels with our cars. Their factory is in Newport Pagnell on the M1.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1901
Posted on Saturday, 17 February, 2018 - 17:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

How about the Coventry Transport Museum. It's about 10 miles from the NEC. Over 200 exhibits and a great day out. If you type the name into youtube you will be able to preview it.

Here's their promotional video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-saUg4gJvKE

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUq7NOivggo

Admission is free

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1765
Posted on Saturday, 17 February, 2018 - 20:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A few assorted places of Britain's Best Classic Destinations.

ace cafe
Ace Cafe,
London

bamburgh castle
Bamburgh Castle, Northumberland

bicester
Bicester Heritage, Oxfordshire
black country
Black Country Museum, Dudley

bletchley park
Bletchley Park, Milton Keynes

madeira drive
Madeira Drive,
Brighton
brooklands
Brooklands Museum, Surrey

coventry
Coventry Motor Museum

crich tramway
Crich Tramway Village, Matlock
eden camp
Eden Camp Modern History Theme Museum, North Yorkshire

ffestiniog
Ffestiniog Welsh Highland Railway, Wales

gaydon
The British Motor Museum, Gaydon

giants causeway
Giants Causeway, Northern Ireland

glencoe
Glencoe,
Scotland

goodwood
Goodwood Circuit/House, Sussex
haynes motor
Haynes Motor Museum, Somerset

honister pass
Honister Pass,
Lake District

imperial war museum
Imperial War Museum, Duxford
isle of skye
Isle of Skye,
Scotland

lakeland
Lakeland Motor Museum, Cumbria

llanberis
Llanberis Pass/Snowdon, Wales
moretonhampstead
Moretonhampstead Motor Museum, Devon

national museum
National Motor Museum, Beaulieu

porlock hill
Porlock Hill,
Devon
severn valley
Severn Valley Railway, Bridgnorth

the kelpies
The Kelpies,
Falkirk

pendine
Pendine Museum of Speed, Wales
titanic
The Titanic Experience, Belfast

tintagel castle
Tintagel Castle,
Cornwall

warwick castle
Warwick Castle

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 926
Posted on Sunday, 18 February, 2018 - 00:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick L a very comprehensive list I like the Brooklands Aviation and auto Museum.

Richard.

Richard, I have deleted the other posts as requested. David

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 146
Posted on Sunday, 18 February, 2018 - 10:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Coventry Transport Museum as suggested by Geoff sounds like a practical idea to me, proximity to the NEC being a main consideration.

Benoit Leus
Grand Master

Post Number: 329
Posted on Tuesday, 20 February, 2018 - 07:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Whatever is chosen is fine by me. I will arrive on Thursday 8/11 and will return on Sunday 11/11. Unfortunately, my son will probably not be able to make it because of university.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 930
Posted on Tuesday, 20 February, 2018 - 09:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That's a pity Alec cant make it it would have been interesting to see what cars he had an interest in, It will be a pleasure to meet you again in November, I have visited the Coventry Transport Museum twice, it is an interesting place, Another visit would be fine by me.

Benoit Leus
Grand Master

Post Number: 330
Posted on Tuesday, 20 February, 2018 - 19:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

strangely enough Alec is now into 70’s Japanese cars.
And not Celica’s or 240Z’s but the much less fashionable saloons.
Still not a big fan if my Shadow, unfortunately.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1424
Posted on Wednesday, 21 February, 2018 - 04:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

one from my collection for Alec to admire....

Benoit Leus
Grand Master

Post Number: 331
Posted on Wednesday, 21 February, 2018 - 04:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,

I’ll forward him the picture.
He’s really going to like that.

Benoit Leus
Grand Master

Post Number: 346
Posted on Monday, 02 April, 2018 - 18:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Booked my hotel for the from the 9th-11th so it's definitive.
Really looking forward to it.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 955
Posted on Monday, 02 April, 2018 - 20:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Benoit that is great, I am looking forward to meeting you and the rest of our friends, I wonder When the tickets will be available.

Richard.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1449
Posted on Tuesday, 03 April, 2018 - 03:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

which hotel will you be staying at Benoit?

Benoit Leus
Grand Master

Post Number: 347
Posted on Tuesday, 03 April, 2018 - 03:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I’ll be staying at the Premier Inn as a friend of mine has a contract with them so that his employees benefit from a greatly reduced rate. I booked through his company and so can enjoy the same discount.
It’s also quite close to the NEC.

Benoit

Patrick Francis
Prolific User

Post Number: 233
Posted on Friday, 22 June, 2018 - 23:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Guys
The rule of thumb with the NEC is that you be at the door when they open - best to arrive the night before you want to visit, after rush hour is over, and then you are there for an early start the next day!
This means you get a good hour and a half before the majority of people arrive after having parked etc.
The best day is usually Friday for the show. But also Saturday is better than Sunday.
I will probably only be able to make it for one day, but would really like to get together with everyone.
I see most have booked from the 9th to the 11th, so I presume we are looking at Saturday as the Car Show Day, with dinner together on the Friday?
Am I right?

Benoit Leus
Grand Master

Post Number: 362
Posted on Saturday, 23 June, 2018 - 00:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,

I’ll be there from Friday morning till Sunday morning so will be there for Friday/Saturday dinner and the visit to the NEC.

Benoit

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1566
Posted on Saturday, 23 June, 2018 - 03:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have booked at the Metropole from 9 to 11th. I am up for any kind of social events/dinner etc.

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 186
Posted on Saturday, 23 June, 2018 - 07:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dinner on Friday sounds good to me, ideal way to get to know everyone else and to put faces to names.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 980
Posted on Saturday, 23 June, 2018 - 09:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I booked my flight today and also my admission ticket for Saturday, l am looking forward to meeting old friends and also to meeting new ones as well,

Richard.

Alan Dibley
Prolific User

Post Number: 155
Posted on Wednesday, 18 July, 2018 - 18:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Rather late, but I've booked 9th to 11th November at the Metropole, too.

Alan D.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 988
Posted on Wednesday, 18 July, 2018 - 19:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alan that is great, Looking forward to seeing you again.

Richard.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 989
Posted on Wednesday, 18 July, 2018 - 20:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi I will be presenting all attendees with a Australian RRoc Forum UK Tour 2018 Key ring as a Memento.

Richard.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1608
Posted on Thursday, 19 July, 2018 - 05:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

well that's me confirmed then.............

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 196
Posted on Thursday, 19 July, 2018 - 10:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great, thanks Richard.

Alan Dibley
Prolific User

Post Number: 156
Posted on Thursday, 19 July, 2018 - 18:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That's a relief - I'm only coming for the keyring.

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 207
Posted on Sunday, 02 September, 2018 - 09:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Guys, I'm bumping this topic as the NEC Birmingham gathering creeps ever closer. Just wondering if the indigenous members could suggest a practical agenda based on local knowledge e.g., Coventry Transport Museum is not far from Birmingham whereas some of the other venues mooted are less practical due to the distance involved. I'll happily go along with the general consensus but I'm not familiar with the territory.

Benoit Leus
Grand Master

Post Number: 366
Posted on Monday, 03 September, 2018 - 01:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good thinking, Larry.
I don’t have any preferences and will gladly join the group to wherever we decide to go.
Coventry Museum of Transport certainly sounds good.

Benoit

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1660
Posted on Monday, 03 September, 2018 - 03:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

is Uruguay too far???
Vlad says its full of chicks with big back sides.... how about we find the Midlands equivalent place?

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 208
Posted on Monday, 03 September, 2018 - 07:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Omar, I've done a trawl at you request and have found a Trolleybus Museum near Scunthorpe, perhaps there may be some trolley dollies that might meet your approval. The latest available statistics show that the area in question has a high representation on the obesity chart so well rounded chicks should be readily available for your inspection!

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1662
Posted on Tuesday, 04 September, 2018 - 03:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Larry,
well that sounds promising.
Given some recent images of well endowed chicks on a different topic within this forum - I was horrified to find the criteria for "good stuff" has thus far been ill defined. As such we could find ourselves with what they call in the trade "dogs". Some narrowing down of criteria is now in order. Hot must be added to the descriptor too.

On a separate note - you mentioned Scunthorpe. Somewhere I have never visited but I do recall a piece of graffiti at one of the gents toilet cubicles in the University of Bath (UK) which said " who put the c%"t in Scunthorpe?". I though that was witty.....

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 209
Posted on Tuesday, 04 September, 2018 - 09:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Omar, They have hot chicks with large breasts at Kentucky Fried Chicken outlets, no doubt there is such a premises in Scunthorpe!

Benoit Leus
Grand Master

Post Number: 368
Posted on Tuesday, 18 September, 2018 - 19:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As I am in the process of making Eurotunnel reservations, it would be useful to know what our program would be for Friday.
If we decide to do the Coventry Transport Museum, I will probably depart on Thursday late afternoon to make sure I can make it on time. Otherwise I would only drive up on Friday.

Any thoughts ?

Benoit

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 212
Posted on Tuesday, 18 September, 2018 - 22:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I appreciate your question Benoit. My friend John and I expect to arrive in Birmingham at approx. 2PM on Friday. I hope to be driving my Silver Shadow 11 on the ferry from Ireland. Given the logistics involved - especially for those who will be travelling a long distance -It would be a good idea if we all had an itinerary decided in advance so that we can all meet up at a pre-arranged time & venue and have a plan of action for the weekend in place before we travel. Internet contact may not be practical once we commence our respective journeys. Many of us - including myself - might not be familiar with the surroundings so I'm depending on our UK members to set the agenda.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 999
Posted on Wednesday, 19 September, 2018 - 02:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I will be arriving in Birmingham by airplane with my two friends Barry and Stephen around 2pm also.
the list of confirmations are as follows.
Omar M Shams Alan Dibley O. B. E. Larry Kavanagh and friend John, Patrick Francis Noel Francis and another friend, Benoit Leus, Barry Murphy, Stephen Mullan, Ricgard Yeaman, that makes eleven in all it would be great if any others intending to attend would make themselves known .

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1001
Posted on Tuesday, 25 September, 2018 - 21:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well this event is approaching fast, so may I make a proposal as to the venue of our 2018 get together, Friday 9th dinner at 7pm in The Arden Hotel and Leisure club Coventry Road not far from N E C there are five attendees staying in this Hotel and not far from where the rest of the squad are staying., Let me know what you think,.

Richard.

Benoit Leus
Grand Master

Post Number: 370
Posted on Tuesday, 25 September, 2018 - 21:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Excellent idea, Richard.
You can count me in.

Benoit

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1675
Posted on Wednesday, 26 September, 2018 - 05:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I will do my best to make it too.
My flights are all booked and so are my hotel rooms.

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 215
Posted on Wednesday, 26 September, 2018 - 08:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good proposal Richard, myself and friend John would be delighted to meet up for dinner at the Arden at 7PM on 9th. Looking forward to the gathering. That makes it 7 for dinner so far. If you need to alter the venue or time for any reason let me know and I'll be happy to go along with the general consensus.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1709
Posted on Sunday, 28 October, 2018 - 05:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,
will you be attending this event?
I still have your watch.... perhaps i can give it to you in person??

Benoit Leus
Grand Master

Post Number: 380
Posted on Sunday, 28 October, 2018 - 05:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That reminds me, I have something for you too, Omar.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2018
Posted on Sunday, 28 October, 2018 - 08:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Omar,

My wife and I will be heading to France on the 9th, to drive to Amiens by the 10th to attend rememberance/armistice day which is the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI at Villers-Bretonneux on the 11th.

We then drive on the 12th to Rotterdam to stay overnight on the SS Rotterdam, then drive to Amsterdam where we will fly back home on the 16th.

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 248
Posted on Sunday, 28 October, 2018 - 09:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Reading the above messages it would appear that dinner will be on Friday evening 9th Nov following a 7PM gathering at the Arden Hotel. NEC visit on Saturday morning 10th Nov so I'm assuming that a visit to Coventry Transport Museum will take place on Sunday 11th. I'm about to book entrance tickets for the NEC for Sat 10th so as to avoid the queue at the ticket desk. Before I go ahead and book NEC entrance tickets I just want to confirm that I'm correct in my assumptions regarding the itinerary.

Benoit Leus
Grand Master

Post Number: 381
Posted on Sunday, 28 October, 2018 - 16:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry,

that works for me.
I also have ordered my NEC ticket online.

Benoit

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1008
Posted on Sunday, 28 October, 2018 - 20:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick R we will let you off this time, that sounds like a great trip that you and your wife are going on, look after yourselves.

Richard Y.

Alan Dibley
Prolific User

Post Number: 169
Posted on Sunday, 28 October, 2018 - 21:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Add me to the 7 o'clock Arden meeting. Has the table been booked? It might grow to be an embarrassment if there is no room.

Alan D.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1011
Posted on Sunday, 28 October, 2018 - 22:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alan yes the table has been booked for 14 people and so far there has been Eleven confirmed attendees so there is room for more, Any one is welcome to just call in and meet up for a chat and a cup of coffee we would be delighted to meet them.

Richard.

Alan Dibley
Prolific User

Post Number: 170
Posted on Sunday, 28 October, 2018 - 22:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard, how do you get to be so ORGANISED?

Alan D.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1012
Posted on Sunday, 28 October, 2018 - 23:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry as this is a much shorter tour than last year and Sunday is departure day for most of us it has been left as a free day and can be discussed among interested People at the venue, Also Saturday evenings Venue can be discussed on Friday evening, Looking forward to seeing all of you.

Richard

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 249
Posted on Monday, 29 October, 2018 - 06:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Richard, I'll go ahead and book NEC admission for myself & friend John for Saturday. I'm driving to the ferry at Fishguard on Sunday but have plenty of time as it's the night sailing so I'll probably visit Coventry Transport Museum on the way home, I'll play it by ear. Thanks for booking the table for Friday evening at Arden Hotel, dining reviews for there seem good. Looking forward to meeting up on Friday evening and to whatever arrangements emerge for Saturday evening after the NEC. Regards, Larry

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2021
Posted on Monday, 29 October, 2018 - 20:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Richard,

We have done lots of battle field tours over the years, but to win a French lottery to earn 2 seats at the “big” event, was a real shock to us, but of course something we could not pass up.

We will be in Amsterdam between 13th and 15th of November before we head back to Oz, if anyone wants to catch up for a cold beer or two.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1711
Posted on Tuesday, 30 October, 2018 - 05:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have now bought my ticket for saturday.
May I please join the table for the Friday night event?

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 250
Posted on Tuesday, 30 October, 2018 - 05:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Of course Omar, that's a foregone conclusion, you were already included. There may be a table for Saturday night too which can be arranged on the Friday night.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2026
Posted on Tuesday, 30 October, 2018 - 21:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,
I will be very happy to come to Dubai to collect the watch you guys chipped in for in person mate.

I will look forward to that day.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1712
Posted on Wednesday, 31 October, 2018 - 02:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Larry - you are a star!!!
Patrick - you are most welcome.
come anytime mate.

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 254
Posted on Monday, 05 November, 2018 - 08:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've just been checking the weather forecast for next weekend and regret to suggest that rain gear will be required unfortunately.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1016
Posted on Monday, 05 November, 2018 - 08:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

larry that's no problem to us we have been training for this all our lives, LOL.

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 517
Posted on Tuesday, 06 November, 2018 - 02:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Guys ,sorry can't make it this year ,have a great time I'll be thinking of you lol
Mike

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1017
Posted on Tuesday, 06 November, 2018 - 04:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Michael sorry to hear that, It would have been nice to see you again.

Kind Regards.

Richard.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1020
Posted on Thursday, 08 November, 2018 - 09:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi just to say that the Friday night meet dinner wont go ahead until everyone is in attendance so don't panic.

Richard.

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 258
Posted on Thursday, 08 November, 2018 - 10:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Richard, Have a pleasant journey everyone.

Patrick Francis
Prolific User

Post Number: 269
Posted on Friday, 09 November, 2018 - 22:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

looking forward to seeing everyone....

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1021
Posted on Monday, 12 November, 2018 - 20:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear all was great to see you and enjoy your company once again, I thought the classic car event was fabulous, the group of attendees this year were Omar Shams, Alan Dibley, Benoit Leus, Barry Murphy, Patrick Francis, Mark, John, Noel Francis, Stephen Mullen, Larry Kavanagh, Jimmy, Richard Yeaman. Thank you all it was great fun.

Richard

Alan Dibley
Prolific User

Post Number: 173
Posted on Monday, 12 November, 2018 - 20:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"Tank you all it was great fun."

It was, and credit goes to Richard for coordinating it. As I said in an earlier post "Richard, how do you get to be so ORGANISED? "

Alan D.

PS. Stephen, maybe next year at Goodwood.

Benoit Leus
Grand Master

Post Number: 383
Posted on Tuesday, 13 November, 2018 - 03:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I very much enjoyed our second reunion. It was good to see some of you again and meet new people.

The Classic Motor Show was amazing. I've visited shows in Belgium, France, Holland and Germany, but for me this was clearly the best, with a lot of cars you don't see on the continent that regularly.

Omar is now also the proud custodian of Ross's beautiful Rolls Royce jacket. I am looking forward to the pictures, Omar.

Finally a big thank you to Richard, for organizing the weekend and the keyring. It's already in good use !

Benoit

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 259
Posted on Tuesday, 13 November, 2018 - 04:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great to meet with the RRAU internet geeks in person. Had a very enjoyable weekend. Looking forward to Goodwood July 2019 already,
Larry

David Gore

Post Number: 3059
Posted on Tuesday, 13 November, 2018 - 09:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Our secret spy with a camera has forwarded the following photos of this occasion.

It is wonderful to see our forum creating new friendships for members who might otherwise would never have the opportunity to meet:

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1219
Posted on Wednesday, 14 November, 2018 - 06:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great to see all of you together. I am with you in evil hedonistic spirit of course.

Omar looking exceptionally flash in his RR get up.
Perhaps with a stolen Soviet Army uniform modified with RR regalia I can out do him at the next RRForum international meet.

Yes, I can see it all so clearly now, a darker set of sunglasses and a Spy vs Spy black attaché case.....with the mandatory fat and long Cuban cigar!

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1734
Posted on Wednesday, 14 November, 2018 - 06:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ross - you have a lot to answer for. That jacket is truly hideous and is now part of my wardrobe. But not for long. Next year it will have a new custodian..... Hopefully a Russian Aussie...

More photos of the reunion to come when I reach home next week.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2030
Posted on Wednesday, 14 November, 2018 - 16:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

All looking fantastic guys.

Deep down Omar is really in love with that jacket, he is just telling us it’s ugly, to keep,us off his case.

Sorry I was so close but yet so far.
Our timings for the WWI commemoration just didn’t work out.

The wife and I drove into Amsterdam yesterday.

We have already checked out the red light district extensively.

Patrick Francis
Prolific User

Post Number: 270
Posted on Thursday, 15 November, 2018 - 08:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It was excellent to meet you all - just so sorry that I did not have more time to get to know everyone better.
Richard, thanks so much for A1 organising, from getting everyone together, to organising the venue and down to the small details of the keyrings.
Thank you all for being patient with us lot that got lost.

I think that every year we should draw straws, and the drawer of the shortest should have to wear Omar's lit up Rolls jacket for the particular show that we are meeting for, and also keep it for whole year - with photographic evidence of the wearing of said jacket to at least 4 public events throughout the year!
Failure to do so means they pay for dinner!

Gibraltar is hosting this years FIVA conference for 150 delegates and partners. We are having a display on Saturday, and SRH 17968 will fly the flag.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1025
Posted on Thursday, 15 November, 2018 - 09:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That's great Patrick, enjoy yourselves.

Richard.

ross kowalski
Grand Master
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 876
Posted on Thursday, 15 November, 2018 - 13:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,
Truly a distinguished look!

Grand Master

Post Number: 1224
Posted on Thursday, 15 November, 2018 - 16:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar cuts such a dashing figure in that jacket that it would be a crime against all humanity to deprive such a grandmaster of the regal privilege of wearing that jacket for a microsecond.

However, I think golden shoulder amulets circa 1700 should be sewn on along with an extra patch just under the RR patch "GRANDMASTER"

Yes with a jacket like that Omar would be able to run amok in the UK just like the good old boys in the London Hellfire Club.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2031
Posted on Friday, 16 November, 2018 - 16:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Richard.

I have to admit, after not really looking forward to Amsterdam, it is truely a great place.

Something for everyone.

We really enjoyed our time here, we walked everywhere and saw and did some fantastic stuff.

Highly recommended city.

The Ruks Museum is probably the best Museum I have ever been to.

Flying back to Sydney today.

David Gore

Post Number: 3067
Posted on Friday, 16 November, 2018 - 20:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard Yeaman has kindly arranged the creation and supply of key rings for both the 2017 and 2018 UK Tour participants. On behalf of our Administrator and myself as Moderator, we are very grateful for this gesture by Richard and I extend our thanks for his support and consideration.

As the photos posted after these tours graphically indicate, the participants have enjoyed themselves immensely and no doubt "what happens on tour, stays on tour".

Each participant has received one or both of these key rings pictured below as mementos plus their own memories of the time spent with each other.

Next year, I am very optimistic we will have one or more of our Australian members attend to further the bonds between us.

2017 key ring:

2018 key ring

The 2018 symbol of a boxing kangaroo is our way of depicting we always "punch above our weight" when help is needed anywhere in the world or on international sporting fields when competition is intense.

This characteristic has always been an essential part of our forum and undoubtedly contributed to the long-term success and benefits of our support for the Rolls-Royce and Bentley world-wide communities.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1026
Posted on Monday, 19 November, 2018 - 21:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi just to put names to faces I will start at the round table, going clockwise from the bottom, Mr Omar Shams Mr Stephen Mullan Mr Richard Yeaman John a friend Mr Barry Murphy Mr Alan Dibley O B E Mr Larry Cavanah and Mr Benoit Leus. Long table all the above plus Mr Patrick Francis seated on the right, friend Mark seated on the left, beside Mark is Mr Noel Francis, and seated to the left of Omar is Friend Jimmy.

Richard.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1735
Posted on Friday, 23 November, 2018 - 03:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That jacket is more than hideous............
Patrick - Ross - Vlad -Richard, You boys have a lot to answer for.
Four sightings in public wearing the most hideous of all items of clothing ever...... I cant cringe any more than i am doing right now.....

Revenge will be soooooo sweet.
This jacket has to find a new home in either Gibraltar or Mount Coolon.

OOOh or maybe Northern Ireland.....

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1736
Posted on Friday, 23 November, 2018 - 05:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1737
Posted on Friday, 23 November, 2018 - 05:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1028
Posted on Friday, 23 November, 2018 - 06:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar thank you, you have served us well as our official photographer, And also thanks goes to Mr David Gore for publishing them on our behalf.

Richard.

David Gore

Post Number: 3069
Posted on Friday, 23 November, 2018 - 07:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just wait till next year - the fun is only just starting.

You never know who might turn up from Down Under!!

No names, no promises....................

P.S. Richard, always happy to oblige. The impossible I do today, miracles take a little longer.

Grand Master

Post Number: 1238
Posted on Friday, 23 November, 2018 - 07:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I tell you what, that Bentley T Shirt is a must have. I need to buy a Bentley just so I can wear that shirt.

Now we have all seen Omar strike black rat cunning pose in THAT jacket.

Observe the stripes up the back. Yes THE FORUM'S JACKET.

Omar could have ordered it in Connolley Leather. No Omar chose Lycra.

Omar learnt very well from his British tertiary education.

ITS PURE ITS ....

Wait a minute...

Where are the pure gold gaddifi shoulder tassels?

Yes Omar is trying to fool us all.

I showed PussNasty the photos of Omar in that jacket.

Moments later the rooster was beheaded.

Moral of Story: There is only one Omar, there is only one jacket!

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1029
Posted on Friday, 23 November, 2018 - 09:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir I agree there is only one man for that jacket in the photo that Benoit is presenting him with the jacket he looks like he is at his last supper in all the rest of the photos he looks like the cat that got the cream.

Richard.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 1030
Posted on Friday, 23 November, 2018 - 09:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David that would be fantastic if the no names no promises......from down under, could make an appearance Bloody heck.

Richard.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1738
Posted on Friday, 23 November, 2018 - 18:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Gents,
Given that I am current custodian of the amazing jacket - and given that the last custodian added lights to it.............. do I have permission from the real owners ( the rabble that you lot are) and especially next year's custodian.... if I too can modify the jacket to make it even better?
I have been inspired by Kirillov to add some ornaments on the shoulders in gold thread.... wow that would simply make it the best of all Forum jackets.
Can I please proceed to "enhance" what actually belongs to the forum and am the current custodian of?

Grand Master

Post Number: 1241
Posted on Friday, 23 November, 2018 - 19:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My Dear Omar. I am not the real owner of the jacket but as a fellow Custodian Grand Master and political misfit, I hereby bestow upon you with all readers as my witness to go forth and enhance the jacket.

Perhaps too, you could attach a lanyard. Yes just like an army Captain, you Omar of the Middle East, supreme keeper of THE JACKET ...ENHANCE.

By the way Omar, how does it really look with the lights on?

And question, after you acquired the jacket, did go to your hotel room, switch the room light off and look at yourself in the mirror with the jacket lights on? Trust me Omar, I am a lawyer and I won't tell anybody I swear.

Saville Row, eat your heart out!

Tell you what Omar, I am certain everyone on the forum would just love photo or two with you driving your favourite Bentley DropTop wearing that jacket.

I really think also a very dark pair of RayBans sunglasses could really set up a good photoshoot with mandatory Spy vs Spy attache case and you guessed it the largest fattest direct from Havana Cuban cigar.

Some people are born into Royalty Omar but you were born for that jacket.

I am so jealous Omar that I just mohawked PussNasty for therapy!

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1740
Posted on Friday, 23 November, 2018 - 22:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

How I laughed................
done then!!!
I will enhance it and then take a photo of it being worn with pride in a very nice Bentley Azure with the top down.......

ross kowalski
Grand Master

Post Number: 879
Posted on Friday, 23 November, 2018 - 22:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gentlemen,

Regarding Omars question, after checking the RR website for guidance it's quite clear what needs to be done.

The page on Ownership reads as follows.

An effortless journey

Owning a Rolls-Royce (hideous 70's jacket) is an effortless pleasure, made even simpler by the high standards of aftercare our authorised network of dealers offer. Your Rolls-Royce dealer will provide support and advice on all aspects of your motor car (hideous 70's jacket) and a comprehensive four-year ownership package, including warranty, service and roadside assistance.

It goes on to say...

Accessories

Enhance your Rolls-Royce (hideous 70's jacket) experience with our stunning Accessory Collection, perfectly crafted to complement the aesthetics of your motor car (hideous 70's jacket). From tailored car covers to stunning alloy wheels and the ultimate in luxury dining, each piece is meticulously crafted without compromise.

So it sounds to me like the you take it to the local RR parts counter and see what they can do. Easy. Also, if you get a picture in a RR dealership, that counts as two pictures.

If they no longer service that model FS might have something.

A while ago I actually spent some time looking for another jacket like that one. None were to be found. It seems hard to believe there is just one but suspend your disbelief for a moment ... Bespoke factory prototype.

I'd say the odds on that are slim, but bookmakers will give you odds on anything you are willing to bet on. Anyone know a bookmaker in Macau?

Richard,
The keychains look great, what a thoughtful and generous touch.

Benoit,
What will you wear now when motoring on a chilly morning?

Omar,
I might consider adding a zipper pull cast from Sterling of a RR specific part well known to RR custodians but common people as a sort of sophisticated inside joke, maybe one of those rebuildable fuses.

Or, just golden epaulets with "ROLLS" embroidered on the tops.

David Gore

Post Number: 3071
Posted on Saturday, 24 November, 2018 - 06:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,

If you add the lanyard, why not add a WW1 trench whistle [the one the section leaders blew sending the troops to death] to maintain order when the multitude are assembled???

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1741
Posted on Sunday, 25 November, 2018 - 02:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Now that would be the icing on the cake Mr Moderator!!!
We can really go to town with the Ghaddafi/military theme.

I like it!!!

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1742
Posted on Sunday, 25 November, 2018 - 03:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Ross,
all evil associated with this jacket goes to a single source...... by golly you have a lot to answer for.
The zip enhancement has to be the good fortune of the next custodian. I would hate to do all the mods and then leave the future custodians with no space for enhancements. think of all the good stuff you can stitch an dangle on.... yeah......

Grand Master

Post Number: 1250
Posted on Sunday, 25 November, 2018 - 07:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David, a whistle, that is pure genius. Perhaps, a London Bobby's whistle if we can't source a true military one and then have that attached by a super gaudy bling chain which we can all blow but does not reach Omar's mouth.

That way one of us can blow the whistle and point to Omar super changing the drawing of attention to THE JACKET with Omar inside of it. Yes rollicking scalliwag behavior shall rein and people will ask questions the answers to which we can simply make up.

Notice how Omar is attempting to weasle out of a life time membership of THE JACKET by quaintly suggesting it be passed to somebody else in the future.

Omar knows that THE JACKET is rarer than a Camargue or even an original grill from a right hand drive Camargue....

Perhaps we should put it to a vote:

Should Omar be deprived of a lifelong custodianship of THE JACKET or should it be passed on annually.

Now have I have to go - necessary to price 1. SUPERSIZED (Biggy Rat (from Leonardo the Lion) cartoon Cuban cigar 2.Pair of gangsta bad really dark RayBan sunglasses. 3.One Spy vs Spy black attache case and 4.One very large but shiny whistle.

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User

Post Number: 269
Posted on Sunday, 25 November, 2018 - 07:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I think that a RR chauffeur's cap suitably embellished with Colonel Gaddafi style gold braiding would complete the look. I always wondered why Col Gaddafi only promoted himself to the lesser rank of colonel when he could have called himself General (5 star) or Admiral or whatever he wanted given that he was the head honcho in the military.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1744
Posted on Monday, 26 November, 2018 - 02:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

you know you are the next owner of the gash-jacket Vlad........
Its all yours and you just cant wait to be seen in it in the white Camargue with the windows down and a 70s moustache blaring over the cuban cigar.....

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2042
Posted on Monday, 26 November, 2018 - 04:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar secretly hopes no one will take it off his hands.

I know we can all picture him parading in his satin boxer shorts, and THE jacket in front of his decadent 6m x 12m mirrors in his private bedroom.
Saying “who’s your daddy” over and over

I feel I have come up with the perfect additions for you Omar.

Firstly
The perfect hat to accompany this trend setting jacket.

The addition of some “rank” will make you feel like a king.
Thus these I feel should be enough.

Gold braid will make you stand out in the crowd of ordinary folk once the jacket is worn mate.

You know you want to.

ross kowalski
Grand Master

Post Number: 881
Posted on Monday, 26 November, 2018 - 10:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,

Those are actual products?

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2043
Posted on Monday, 26 November, 2018 - 22:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes mate.

Actual products

Grand Master

Post Number: 1257
Posted on Monday, 26 November, 2018 - 23:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The amulets are fine Patrick but the hat is not right. No, I am pretty certain I will be able to afford An Authentic Soviet Army Marshalls Dress Cap and the freight to get it to the next Forum's meet.

Omar deserves to have the right hat. Now the boxer shorts I will leave that to somebody else but I did have a nice satin pair of boxers shorts with the Phantom on them ....get it the Ghost Who Walks, Mr Walker, its not a dog its a wolf...

Yes Omar in the Phantom in the Phantom Boxers shorts ...its all fitting nicely into place.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2044
Posted on Tuesday, 27 November, 2018 - 08:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ahhhhhhh I see where you are going with this Vlad.
Which hat would you like Omar?

Now for boxer shorts.

These classy ones.
Or maybe these Vlad?

Grand Master

Post Number: 1259
Posted on Tuesday, 27 November, 2018 - 10:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Decisions Decisions Patrick, both the Boxer shorts you posted are very much Omarish. Check out the teeth on the bottom post -- yeah Baby!

We will just have to see what he likes and doesn't like and get both.

As for the hats well I bet he will snatch the third on the top right.

You do realise Patrick the way we are decking out our Dubian mate is such that in a London Pub, even in the dining room we may get trampled to death by the groupies the second he puts the lights on THE JACKET!

ross kowalski
Grand Master

Post Number: 882
Posted on Tuesday, 27 November, 2018 - 11:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Then there was this uniform...

http://www.weirduniverse.net/blog/comments/nixon_palace_guard

Grand Master

Post Number: 1260
Posted on Tuesday, 27 November, 2018 - 12:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

So its true Ross isn't it that Dick hit the bottle quite hard.

Honestly, a holstered pistol with top flap eh ah no not really quick response stuff is it?

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1745
Posted on Wednesday, 28 November, 2018 - 03:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The funny thing is........
my mates the world over are exactly like you bloody lot........
the same sense of humour that easily makes me crack up with laughter.....
what a bunch of perfectly aligned drinking buddies you lot would make.....

And Patrick when I find that camera in my bedroom - I will jolly well make sure I disconnect it......... you perv.....

Also we need to start working on the glasses gents.....

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2047
Posted on Thursday, 29 November, 2018 - 23:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ahhhhhhhhh
You know me to well Omar!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: