Mini's in dirt Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Mini's in dirt « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

ross kowalski
Grand Master
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 525
Posted on Monday, 04 September, 2017 - 03:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

O

ross kowalski
Grand Master

Post Number: 526
Posted on Monday, 04 September, 2017 - 03:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

M

ross kowalski
Grand Master

Post Number: 527

G

ross kowalski
Grand Master

Post Number: 528
Posted on Monday, 04 September, 2017 - 03:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Probably everyone where there are proper Mini's has at one point or another had one on dirt. But being in the colonies and what I never have.

I was driving the Mini around on a bunch of soft sand road this weekend, and I can see why Austin thought "let's rally these things"

I have driven a lot of different cars of all kinds over the years, but a Mini sliding around in the dirt is by far the most entertaining.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2648
Posted on Monday, 04 September, 2017 - 07:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

In the early 1970's when I was a member of the Newcastle MG Car Club, car gymkhanas were a regular event and "fly off" handbrakes on Minis were almost universal.

The best drivers could "park their Minis on a six pence [5 cents decimal currency]" during competition. This was invariably accompanied by an "ear-to-ear" grin .

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1508
Posted on Monday, 04 September, 2017 - 20:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Many years ago I was driving a Mini in snow and I knew the road well so out of devilment I cut a corner off at high speed slide sideways back on to the road and fish tailed my way home.
Minis are so easy to chuck around.

My door handles had road rash.

ross kowalski
Grand Master

Post Number: 531
Posted on Monday, 04 September, 2017 - 21:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert,

Good point, Minis in the snow has to be some kind of fun.

Pretty sure I won't be doing snow with mine though because of the salt but it has to be epic.