Together we will meet in 2017 Itinerary Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Together we will meet in 2017 Itinerary « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 777
Posted on Sunday, 06 August, 2017 - 14:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello everyone this is as far as I have got putting something together,

Sept 2nd Omar Shams, Alan Dibley and Richard Yeaman will be checking in to the Kings Arms Hotel for two nights, Please call.

Sept3rd Visit Beaulieu Auto jumble should be good,

Sept 4th moving north to Towcester, Saracens head Hotel, Richard Yeaman, Barry Murphy and possibly Omar Shams this will be base for three nights Please call.

Sept 5th visit to Coventry Transport Museum Probably afternoon, It is a great exhibition !!

Sept 6th 10am Visit to The Hunt House, Conducted by the Curator Mr Phillip Hall I am looking forward to that, There is a pub across the road can do lunch.

Sept 7th 2pm Visit to Flying Spares, A good opportunity to see how this firm operates and to meet the guys who talk to you on the telephone,
After this visit we are moving to Crewe to the Ibis Style Hotel for one night Omar Shams Benoit Leus, Alec Leus, Barry Murphy, Steven Mullen and Richard yeaman.

Sept 8th 9am visit to Bentley Motors Crewe factory tour there is a £30 fee for this payable on the day in cash to Bentley Motors, at the moment I have six definite and one maybe Maximum people allowed is twelve.

If you are interested in attending any of the venues please post your interest through this thread.

Richard.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 778
Posted on Sunday, 06 August, 2017 - 19:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi the phrase please call mentioned in my previous post is simply an open invitation to anyone to call in have a chat and a beer,

Richard.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 779
Posted on Sunday, 06 August, 2017 - 19:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David there will be Pints drank every night for all absent friends, CHEERS.

Richard.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2624
Posted on Sunday, 06 August, 2017 - 19:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am not happy.....crying.

Have a great time and please sink a pint or two of real ale in a pub to an absent friend drink.

Richard - I deleted my original post to include the appropriate emoticons.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 780
Posted on Sunday, 06 August, 2017 - 19:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David I don't know how that happened, my reply to your post has been time warped, must be the beer!!!

Richard.

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 340
Posted on Sunday, 06 August, 2017 - 22:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All
Hope to meet up at some point.
Are you aware there is no car park at Coventry car museum (how stupid).
Cheers
Mike

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 781
Posted on Sunday, 06 August, 2017 - 23:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Michael yes I was aware of that, there are a few pay and display car parks nearby, looking forward to meeting you at some point, I visited the Museum in 2011 when I went to see and purchase my Silver Shadow.

Richard.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1274
Posted on Tuesday, 08 August, 2017 - 03:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am really looking forward to the parts of the trip that I can attend. I hope to do as much of the trip as I can but there will be a bit in the middle where I will have to pop off to Nice to see my uncle for dinner.

michael vass
Grand Master

Post Number: 343
Posted on Tuesday, 08 August, 2017 - 19:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Omar
Will you be at Coventry or FS?
I would go to Nice instead too lol
Nice is nice lol
Mike

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1281
Posted on Wednesday, 16 August, 2017 - 05:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Michael,
not sure yet as my trip to Nice will litrally be last minute.
Fingers crossed.

Benoit Leus
Prolific User
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 296
Posted on Thursday, 24 August, 2017 - 01:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Richard,

do you know at what time you will be visiting Flying Spares on Thursday ?
As we have booked an early train from Calais to Folkestone we might be able to join the group for the visit (depending on traffic of course).

Benoit

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 794
Posted on Thursday, 24 August, 2017 - 09:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Benoit that would be great the visit is arranged for 2pm I am sure I could stall them a bit if I had too, try your best.

Richard.

Benoit Leus
Prolific User

Post Number: 297
Posted on Friday, 25 August, 2017 - 03:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

2pm should be fine and give us more than enough time to get there.
See you all on the 7th !

Benoit

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 795
Posted on Friday, 25 August, 2017 - 08:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Looking forward to meeting you and your son, it would also be an opportunity to buy some spares and save on postage.

Richard.

David Gore

Post Number: 2638
Posted on Friday, 25 August, 2017 - 08:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Please post some photos of your activities if possible.

If you can do this for me; I will get both pleasure and pain: pleasure because you are having a great experience; pain because I am not there.

My problems just will not go away; one of my units was raided by police on Wednesday and the occupant arrested for selling drugs. Now have to clean and repair the premises and find new occupants on top of everything else............not a happy chappy right now!

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 796
Posted on Friday, 25 August, 2017 - 09:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David we will try and keep the pain on a low level, I am preparing the Turbo R for its trip across to the mainland, Dublin to Holyhead North Wales I will try to get a few Photos of Wales for you to enjoy.

Richard.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1285
Posted on Friday, 25 August, 2017 - 15:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

We will certainly post photos on this thread (although the logistics of doing that using mobile phones will be a challenge).
I am sure a few of us will be at the autojumble in Beauliue on 2nd. How best could we set up a meeting point and time for those who are there to assemble in one place at the same time for our fist meeting?

I have been getting so much grief (fun and laughter type) about my "internet friends" and our geek meet.

Even more grief from my daughters..... "Dad didn't they teach you at school not to meet people from the net? oh we forgot the internet didn't exist when you went to your cave school".....

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1286
Posted on Friday, 25 August, 2017 - 15:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear David,
sorry to hear about your tenants mate.
good luck fixing up the place.
If the police didn't gather up everything and there is still a joint or two or more left........ perhaps our next geek meet can be in Australia at your place....

David Gore

Post Number: 2640
Posted on Friday, 25 August, 2017 - 17:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,

The best way to handle the mobile phone image posting problem is the one Jeanne Eve used for her photos from the recent RREC UK Rally.

Just email each photo to me with the title of the email being the caption for the image. I will resize, crop and enhance the image and post them on this thread.

If you post a text message on the forum describing your activities, I can add the photos to the text or post them separately as appropriate.

Re the police raid, I arrived in the middle of the Police undertaking and video recording what they found in the unit; the lounge room floor was covered with piles of banknotes however the drug stocks must have been secured and removed before I arrived. I suspect substances far more dangerous and addictive than joints were involved.

Ah daughters, that is why I now have grey hair........... My sons congratulate themselves for doing a good job of training me when they were 15 to 25 years old - who am I to argue with them!!!!!.

David Gore

Post Number: 2641
Posted on Friday, 25 August, 2017 - 18:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

I will greatly appreciate any photos from Wales you can post for me.

I was last there in 1979 and a return visit is long overdue and very high on my priority now that I have found a Welsh great-grandfather on my father's side to go with the 100% Welsh ancestry on my mother's side. I am just disappointed I completely missed out on having the ability to sing like my ancestors who won many tenor solo eisteddfod competitions including one of my great-great-grandfathers who reputedly won the first National Eisteddfod solo and was commanded to sing for Queen Victoria and Prince Albert not long before the death of Prince Albert.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 797
Posted on Friday, 25 August, 2017 - 18:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I will be bringing a laptop in my car so somebody (Omar) will be able to send photos.

Richard.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1287
Posted on Friday, 25 August, 2017 - 18:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have just booked the hotel room for the Ibis in Crew on 7th Sept.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1455
Posted on Friday, 25 August, 2017 - 18:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"How best could we set up a meeting point and time"

Omar all being well I will be there on the 2nd and possibly the 3rd.
How about the Brabazon Restaurant at 12-30 at the entrance just outside.
I will take some proper cider for refreshment! any takers.

David sorry to hear of more hassle your having.
Hope all gets sorted soon.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 798
Posted on Friday, 25 August, 2017 - 19:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I will be arriving in Holyhead at 5.45am 360 miles to the venue might be a bit tight, I would hate to miss the cider !!!

Richard.

Benoit Leus
Prolific User

Post Number: 298
Posted on Friday, 25 August, 2017 - 20:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,

the same happened to me. My wife and children have made fun of our meeting, calling me a little bit "sad". And they also lectured me on the "dangers" of meeting strangers you only know throught the internet.
I guess my lecturing them in the past is coming back to bite me.

Benoit

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1288
Posted on Friday, 25 August, 2017 - 23:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Patrick,
sounds great.
I will do my best to be at the Brabazon at midday. If I am not there for whatever reason - have a cider for me.
We will have a job recognising each other.... so just to be on the safe side - look out for someone wearing a Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow T Shirt in red.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1456
Posted on Saturday, 26 August, 2017 - 03:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard will make sure some is left for you if you are a little late.
Omar et all, will have the Bentley Umbrella if the weather is unkind, or the Jowett N/Z club cap if the weather is kind.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1290
Posted on Saturday, 26 August, 2017 - 03:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark Luft
Frequent User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 98
Posted on Saturday, 26 August, 2017 - 07:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

ROFLMAO!!!!
Where did you get that shirt, Omar?
I Love It.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 799
Posted on Saturday, 26 August, 2017 - 08:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Today I ordered a number of commemorative key rings they have a leather fob with an engraved metal disc attached, inscribed Australian RROC Forum UK tour 2017, they will be ready next Thursday, Anyone that attends any of the visits or meets up for a chat will receive one as a keepsake or Memento.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 800
Posted on Saturday, 26 August, 2017 - 08:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

sorry, forgot they also have the RR logo on them.

Richard.

David Gore

Post Number: 2643
Posted on Saturday, 26 August, 2017 - 08:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

If you have a spare, I would like to buy it as a memento of an event that I was unable to attend. Please do not offer me a "freebie" as it would only make my current disappointment even greater.

Please send me an email or PM through the forum with the necessary information if this is possible.

Thanks David

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 801
Posted on Saturday, 26 August, 2017 - 09:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi David there will be one kept for yourself and one for Vladimir, none of them are for sale, will arrange delivery after the event.

Richard.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1291
Posted on Saturday, 26 August, 2017 - 15:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Richard,
the keyrings are such a lovely touch. I look forward to seeing them.

Dear Mark,
I have just ordered you a T shirt so hopefully when we meet I will be able to give you it.

Just to be on the safe side however - in case I have chosen the wrong colour or size or both..... here is the link to get them on line....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Evolution-of-Man-Rolls-Royce-Silver-Shadow-t-shirt-/371262371106?var=&hash=item5670f63522:m:m_5LLwcE5OlXIYAScwlKEsw

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1457
Posted on Saturday, 26 August, 2017 - 17:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar thanks for the link, as well as my other attire I too will have a T shirt if it arrives on time.
Change of hat for some sort of order after the cider!

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1665
Posted on Saturday, 26 August, 2017 - 20:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents,
As you know, my wife and I will be in Italy at the same time.
We are keeping a keen eye on what dates you guys will be where as we will try valiantly to get over for a day or a night.

I can't believe we may be so close but yet so far.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1292
Posted on Sunday, 27 August, 2017 - 04:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

oh oh the fuzz from the Gloucestershire constabulary will be with us..... best we behave ourselves boys......

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1666
Posted on Sunday, 27 August, 2017 - 04:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Looks that way Omar.

Just be careful mate.

David Gore

Post Number: 2644
Posted on Sunday, 27 August, 2017 - 07:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Like all good coppers, a pint or two of real ale/scrumpy cider should ensure some tolerance or even active participation in any shenanigans that might eventuate.....................

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 802
Posted on Monday, 28 August, 2017 - 18:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I hope my T shirt arrives in time it will be navy blue, and I will look like the first Ape on the shirt with my knuckles dragging the ground.

Richard.

Mark Aldridge
Grand Master
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 448
Posted on Wednesday, 30 August, 2017 - 20:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all, I have shuffled my appointments, so that my wife and I can meet with you at the Hunt House on Wednesday 6th. Looking forward to it
Mark

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 804
Posted on Thursday, 31 August, 2017 - 01:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark that's great, are you going to be at Beaulieu either Saturday or Sunday, hope the weather is good.

Richard.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1476
Posted on Thursday, 31 August, 2017 - 05:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The cider is ready, the car had a good test to-day
all ok, be there for 12-30 for a good meetup and chat.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1295
Posted on Thursday, 31 August, 2017 - 07:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have now arrived in the UK and am looking forward to our geek meet.
I am getting serious grief from my kids about this anorak session. They have even bought me a granny shopping bag with wheels so that I can carry my geeky parts in.
Looking forward to meeting you all.

Omar

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1667
Posted on Thursday, 31 August, 2017 - 08:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,
You need to send us all a pick of you wheeling the trolley/bag.
Surely that would be a good look!

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 805
Posted on Thursday, 31 August, 2017 - 09:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick the cider and the cider wagon look great,

Omar glad you have arrived safe and sound.

Collecting the key rings tomorrow.

Richard.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1668
Posted on Thursday, 31 August, 2017 - 10:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,
As I am watching the dates, I am still not sure what will happen.
We are in Italy from September 16 to October 13.
I think this will be all to late?

Omar will look a million bucks!!!

Mark Aldridge
Grand Master
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 449
Posted on Thursday, 31 August, 2017 - 10:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard ,cannot make Beaulieu this year as family are coming to celebrate my 60th this weekend.
Mark

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 806
Posted on Thursday, 31 August, 2017 - 18:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick sorry you cant make it this time maybe another time.

Happy Birthday Mark!!!! see you on Wednesday 10am in Paulerspury.

Richard.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1480
Posted on Thursday, 31 August, 2017 - 23:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

T-shirt arrived all ok.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 807
Posted on Friday, 01 September, 2017 - 04:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mine hasn't arrived yet, maybe tomorrow.

Richard.

David Gore

Post Number: 2647
Posted on Friday, 01 September, 2017 - 09:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Pat,

Is that a Coffee Bean Brown Shadow?

The photograph suggests it is the same colour as DRH14434.

Looking forward to seeing a group photo of you all wearing the T-shirts .

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 809
Posted on Friday, 01 September, 2017 - 20:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Tee shirt jus arrived, Navy Blue,

Richard.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1482
Posted on Friday, 01 September, 2017 - 22:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi David, the colour is walnut a little lighter than the car that you had.

Could you send me a test email as think the system has a missing link!

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1483
Posted on Friday, 01 September, 2017 - 22:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard good to hear it arrived ok, the weather looks good for Saturday.
Not so it seams for Sunday.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 810
Posted on Saturday, 02 September, 2017 - 02:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick if the weather is bad, Bring more Cider.

Richard.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1296
Posted on Saturday, 02 September, 2017 - 19:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am driving down to Bournemouth now. I saw an awful sight on the side of the road. A Camargue that had gone into the back of a car and All the front was dented. Coolant underneath. I was gutted. It was a black Camargue with round tail lights. Obviously an even rarer than rare Camargue.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1297
Posted on Saturday, 02 September, 2017 - 21:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have been stood up!!!!
Have been at the Brabazon for half an hour. Where is the rest of the team?

Alan Dibley
Frequent User
Username: alsdibley

Post Number: 80
Posted on Saturday, 02 September, 2017 - 22:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar, I am in the Kings Arms in Christchurch. Where are you now. Call me on 07508251817

Alan D.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1485
Posted on Sunday, 03 September, 2017 - 04:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I was at the Brabazon inside and out from 12.00 and again every 1/2 hr No sign of anyone from any members.

No tee shirt showing the Shadow any where.

Plenty of crowds at 10 mins to 10am.

The Shadow 2 went all the way with superb running in all departments.

Car parked in the reserved slot by the electric charge stations.

Sponsor since the late sixties and now still used getting all the goodies.

Benoit Leus
Grand Master

Post Number: 304
Posted on Sunday, 03 September, 2017 - 09:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It seems meeting eachother hasn't been straightforward.
I hope you all managed to meet in the end.
I for one will definitely be at Flying Spares on the 7th.
Hopefully the rest of the team will also be present.

Benoit

Mark Herbstreit
Prolific User
Username: mark_herbstreit

Post Number: 168
Posted on Sunday, 03 September, 2017 - 11:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Oh no Omar not this Camargue?

camben2

It is one of only two that has this...

cam1

The other one is the only factory Bentley Camargue. This one is a mockup with a Rolls chassis number but this grill apparently came from the experimental Camargue. The Bentley grill was used during developement.
Omar you may have witnessed the destruction of a small piece of Rolls-Royce history. Sorry for going off topic.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1298
Posted on Sunday, 03 September, 2017 - 15:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sadly yes.
It was a Camargue that looked exactly like that.
Alan Richard and I are meeting for breakfast at 8am today for breakfast and then driving down again. We went out for dinner last night.
Let us try one more time for a meeting Patrick. Let us say 11am same place again but indoors and to be specific look for a 13amp plug socket on the wall ( not many sockets in the restaurant) and we will be there.
See you soon.
Alternatively you can try the phone if reception permits.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1487
Posted on Sunday, 03 September, 2017 - 17:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar, the weather is horrid here, I have to help the wife to-day, have tried to ring Alan but no joy as the reception with his mobile phone seems a no go.
will try later.

Alan Dibley
Frequent User

Post Number: 81
Posted on Tuesday, 05 September, 2017 - 00:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It all worked out in the end. A combination of brain-fade, TWO Brabazon restaurants, and zero telephone signal in the Christchurch hotel conspired to delay our meeting till Saturday evening. But a good time was had by all - eventually.

Alan D.

PS. Where's my T-shirt. And aren't there a lot of stalls at Beaulieu!!

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1488
Posted on Tuesday, 05 September, 2017 - 06:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alan, one Brabazon restaurant, open plan, three different areas with views.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 811
Posted on Tuesday, 05 September, 2017 - 06:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well everyone I am knackered . I have checked into the Saracens head Hotel in Towcester had a great time in Christchurch and at Beaulieu Auto Jumble, I am picking Barry Murphy up at Coventry train station tomorrow morning and we are going to the Transport museum around 10.30am maybe go and see Silverstone race circuit, Having Dinner in the Hotel in the evening if you are nearby call in for a chat,

Richard.

Alan Dibley
Frequent User

Post Number: 83
Posted on Tuesday, 05 September, 2017 - 18:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"Alan, one Brabazon restaurant, open plan, three different areas with views."

...and another one in Beaulieu village.

I won't embarrass Richard by saying how I know this.

Alan D.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1496
Posted on Tuesday, 05 September, 2017 - 19:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alan ah that was the confusion.
Just wish I did not have so much going on at the moment.
Maybe the high speed two ton comfy cruiser with cider may be able to catch up with you all at another venue before the end of the trips.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1299
Posted on Tuesday, 05 September, 2017 - 21:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gentlemen,
My geek meet has been great so far. I have taken a few days off to spend with family. I fly to Nice tomorrow and join the gang for part 2 of the geek meet on Thursday.
It has been a lot of fun meeting the gurus in person.
See you all again on Thursday.
Omar

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1672
Posted on Wednesday, 06 September, 2017 - 00:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Photos gents, photos!!!

I'm in Japan with work at present, so I think everything will be all over before I can get home then off to Europe the week after next.
We will be there for 1 month.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 812
Posted on Wednesday, 06 September, 2017 - 01:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick lockyer would love to meet you, and also the two ton cider wagon would be welcome too. lol

Richard.

David Gore

Post Number: 2650
Posted on Wednesday, 06 September, 2017 - 08:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My current state:

Enough said..............

Would really like to see some photos even if they are emailed to me privately to protect individual privacy.

michael vass
Grand Master

Post Number: 360
Posted on Thursday, 07 September, 2017 - 03:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All
Hope to see some of you at FS tomorrow, do I need to be there at 2pm or earlier?
Cheers
Mike

Benoit Leus
Grand Master

Post Number: 305
Posted on Thursday, 07 September, 2017 - 05:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Michael,

we'll be at FS tomorrow too. Will probably arrive somewhere around 13.30-13.45.

See you tomorrow,
Benoit

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1300
Posted on Thursday, 07 September, 2017 - 05:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My flight gets in at midday tomorrow at Luton. I will arrive late after you have finished your vIsit to flying spares. I have Richard's phone number so I will call him when I get in. I have a room Booked at the Ibis. See you guys tomorrow.

Dave I have a few photos on my mobile phone. I can email these to you. Please pm me so I have an email address to send the photos to.
Thanks
Omar

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 813
Posted on Thursday, 07 September, 2017 - 11:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all I and Barry Murphy have had a fantastic day, We were at the Hunt house in the company of Mark Aldridge and his Lovely Wife Jackie, We were shown round by Mr Phillip Hall the Historian, What a day we have had.

Richard.

Alan Dibley
Frequent User

Post Number: 84
Posted on Thursday, 07 September, 2017 - 17:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I threatened to join you near the end of the week, but I thought I was going to the Kop hill-climb - a friend is taking his reproduction of the Railton which holds (for ever) the Brooklands lap record, but the event is next week-end so brain-fade wins again.

Google Terry Clarke. He's a dab-hand with a welder.

Alan D.

David Gore

Post Number: 2654
Posted on Thursday, 07 September, 2017 - 21:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alan, Richard and Omar aka "The Three Amigos".

Unfortunately the "what happens on tour, stays on tour" Rule currently applies and I cannot provide more information:

I hope more photos will come my way soon.

michael vass
Grand Master

Post Number: 361
Posted on Friday, 08 September, 2017 - 05:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All
Great meeting you today at FS, have to be another time Omar sorry to have just missed you.
Great tour
Cheers
Mike

David Gore

Post Number: 2655
Posted on Friday, 08 September, 2017 - 08:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The group is growing...................

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 814
Posted on Friday, 08 September, 2017 - 10:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all we had a great meeting today at Flying spares thanks again Ben and Peter and all the staff, Those in attendance were Mr and Mrs Mike Vass, Mr Clive Lungmuss, Mr Benoit Leus and son Alec. Mr Barry Murphy, and myself. Seven in total

Richard.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1673
Posted on Friday, 08 September, 2017 - 20:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great photos guys,

Thank you for sharing.

Wish I was there

Clive Lungmuss
Experienced User
Username: clive_lungmuss

Post Number: 25
Posted on Saturday, 09 September, 2017 - 03:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

At last,we meet, what a pleasure to meet Richard, Barry, Benoit & Alec. Many thanks to Ben & Peter for their hospitality and tour of FS. Missed out on meeting Omar but hopefully there will be another occasion. Thank you Richard for presenting each of us with a unique key ring, a reminder in the future of our meeting.
I have not missed out Mr & Mrs Vass they travelled with me in my ageing RR. Best wishes to all on the rest of the tour. Clive

David Gore

Post Number: 2658
Posted on Saturday, 09 September, 2017 - 07:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Photos from Crewe:

ross kowalski
Grand Master
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 540
Posted on Saturday, 09 September, 2017 - 10:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What a fun time, Couldn't be more envious.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1674
Posted on Saturday, 09 September, 2017 - 10:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can we have some names with the pics please David?

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 815
Posted on Saturday, 09 September, 2017 - 12:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all home again in Northern Ireland, What a great time we all had today at the factory in Crewe, Fantastic!!!! in the Photos above left to right Barry Murphy, Stephen Mullen, Alec Leus, Omar Shams, Benoit Leus, Richard Yeaman, and the next Photo is myself presenting Alan our Tour guide with a Memento of our visit,
I would like to thank each and every one of you who combined to make this tour a huge success.

Richard.

David Gore

Post Number: 2659
Posted on Saturday, 09 September, 2017 - 19:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Richard - I had been playing a guessing game with a mediocre score of 1 out of 7; Omar's T-shirt was a dead give-away .

Now, is there any interest in an Australian visit in say 2 years time possibly coinciding with our Federal Rally, the pre and post Rally touring events and other visits TBA?

P.S. A special thanks to Omar for finding the time to forward the above photos for our appreciation and wishful thinking.

David Gore

Post Number: 2660
Posted on Saturday, 09 September, 2017 - 20:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar has forwarded some more photos from the Crewe visit:-

Note the add-ons on the canteen menu..............

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1675
Posted on Sunday, 10 September, 2017 - 17:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Terrific photos Omar.

Thanks so much for sharing them.

Harry Heuchan
New User
Username: harry_heuchan

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, 10 September, 2017 - 17:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes Omar you look GREAT in that Bentley but I recon you would look better in a (S/H) Phantom!

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 816
Posted on Sunday, 10 September, 2017 - 21:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Harry he (Omar) Doesn't need any encouragement. Look forward to more posts from you in Perth Western Australia.

Richard.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 817
Posted on Sunday, 10 September, 2017 - 21:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The above car CK 706 was the company car of W O Bentley when he worked for Rolls Royce, When he left the Factory he had to leave the car, perhaps that is why it still exists, Maybe someone amongst could do the research on it, another interesting thing I learned at the at the Hunt house was that Henry Royce invented and Patented the spring loaded bayonet light bulb holder that is still in use today.

Alan Dibley
Frequent User

Post Number: 85
Posted on Monday, 11 September, 2017 - 18:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Richard for the organisation of The Tour, which went well in spite of the participants who suffered from brain-fade, jet-lag and simple absent-mindedness.

Anyone for a 2018 event? (This is not an offer.)

Alan D.

David Gore

Post Number: 2661
Posted on Monday, 11 September, 2017 - 18:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alan,

My offer from previous post............

"Now, is there any interest in an Australian visit in say 2 years time possibly coinciding with our Federal Rally, the pre and post Rally touring events and other visits TBA?".

Benoit Leus
Grand Master

Post Number: 306
Posted on Monday, 11 September, 2017 - 21:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My son Alec and I are now back from our 4-day trip to the UK. 2 of those were spent with fellow forum members and I have to say it was an absolute succes.
It was a pleasure meeting Clive, Mike and his charming wife, Barry, Omar, Stephen and of course, the driving force behind our get together, Richard. Personally I thought we had a great time and many laughs. Also my son, who only likes cars that are red and Italian (youngsters, what do they know) was made to feel welcome.

Thanks to you all and am looking forward to another meet.

Benoit

ps. Richard, the keyring has already found a permanent home in the Shadow.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1679
Posted on Tuesday, 12 September, 2017 - 19:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am so glad you all had a great time, and shared it with us.

My timing is a little off, as the 2 year planned trip to Italy for 1 month is happening this coming Saturday.

As I said before.
So close but yet so far damn it!!!

Mark Luft
Frequent User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 99
Posted on Wednesday, 13 September, 2017 - 00:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David, I would be interested in an Australian visit in two years. I say go for it.

ross kowalski
Grand Master
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 544
Posted on Wednesday, 13 September, 2017 - 10:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,

I don't know when the Federal rally is or what, but if you schedule it in July or August, I'd go.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1303
Posted on Friday, 15 September, 2017 - 04:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear All,
This tour has been a epic one. I would run out of breath if I went on about how enjoyable it was and how wonderful everyone was in real life. All these Gurus miraculously transformed from being names on a forum to real life people who have senses of humour and are great company.

To have been able to prove my daughters wrong was the icing on the cake. Meeting people from the internet is only a problem if you are below the age of 30. Having said that, Alec was a teenager but also a great laugh and a chip off the old block (Benoit - you have a great son mate).

The tour would have collapsed if Richard didnt knit it all together. So a very big thank you to Richard for the knitting.

I didnt meet everyone but those who I did see were really wonderful people.

We drank a lot and ate many Continental burgers. Some us could handle our drink better than others.... I will have to say....

We left the tour totally convinced that we need to do this more often, and although we want to go to Australia next - we may just be able to squeeze one more tour in between.
The plan now is for a Tour II in November 2018 in cold wet and windy Birmingham UK to coincide with the annual classic car show in the UK. We will start a new thread for that tour to start planning it from now. This will be an easier tour to plan and we will have a few lessons learnt from the 2017 tour.

Firstly, we will all buy the same t shirts in advance so we can recognise each other. Secondly we will have more than one official photographer. Thirdly we will use GPS coordinates for meeting places rather than a pub/restaurant/bar that is as big as a shopping mall.

In summary - the first RRAU Forum overseas tour was a huge success - long live the forum.

Omar

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 822
Posted on Friday, 15 September, 2017 - 05:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar it would be good if you started a new thread of our UK tour 2018 I think it is going to be a load of fun.

Richard.

David Gore

Post Number: 2665
Posted on Friday, 15 September, 2017 - 07:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am hoping to organise an Australian visit in 2019 - to keep costs under control given our "tyranny of distance" group bookings will be advisable. Co-ordinating the visit with the Federal Rally would help in this regard.

Having travelled the length and breadth of Australia over the years [the only significant places still on my "bucket list" are the tip of Cape York, Lord Howe and Norfolk Islands] plus having owned and operated a travel agency, I am able to advise on possible locations of interest to visit to suit specific wishes of participants.

Without any commitment, I would appreciate prospective attendees contacting me by a message through the forum with information on where they would like to visit and their individual interests so I can begin initial planning. I have opened a new thread:

http://au.rrforums.net/forum/messages/16947/28649.html?1505423932