Bus Trip from hell. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Bus Trip from hell. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1433
Posted on Sunday, 21 May, 2017 - 02:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I like riding on buses but you cant chose your fellow passengers.

My wife got sat next to by this lunatic who said that he beat up a security guard then he beat up a copper who arrested him and then beat up his probation officer and 2 Doctors
Fortunately she was with her brother and fellow passengers were watching him like a hawk ready to pounce on the lunatic.
I wonder why the lunatic is not in prison or something.
Next time I shall take my wife in a car.

Nick Adlam
Prolific User
Username: crewes_control

Post Number: 103
Posted on Sunday, 21 May, 2017 - 02:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Bob

Unfortunately, It's a sad fact of life in the 21st Cent, but you and your wife aren't alone as Australia also suffers the same lunacy at times- just check out Youtube. There's only one word to describe this phenomenon- drugs. Modern turmoil adds to the mix.

As a Gen-X, I can only envy those black and white photos of the 50's and 60's when life was simple, happy, footloose and fancy free, without surveillance!. The cars of the era were much nicer too, of course!. Classic, not plastic.

Just want to say a big thanks for your excellent advice on this forum over the years- you've saved me a lot while working on my Shadow.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1434
Posted on Sunday, 21 May, 2017 - 06:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Nick,

thank you for the compliment, I try to explian it as it is without the mystic of Crewe.

I have seen the stuff on YouTube and I find it fascinating, I think the guy on the bus was lying and just wanted attention, no doubt drug and alcohol fueled.
Fortunately in Dorset we haven't got that Zombie spice stuff -----yet.

I was born 1951 so well remember that monochrome time.
I look at the world around now and I still find a nice place. I dont worry about surveillance because I dont do anything wrong.

John Beech
Grand Master
Username: jbeech

Post Number: 397
Posted on Friday, 26 May, 2017 - 17:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert Noel, not a matter of not doing anything wrong, a matter of principle. We're following Blighty down the road to perdition here in USA. And not just video surveillance but nowadays our inbox and email isn't free of snoopers, either. And then there are the cookies on your computer and the consent you must grant. And the latest on this front?
https://thinkprogress.org/ancestry-com-takes-dna-ownership-rights-from-customers-and-their-relatives-dbafeed02b9e
. . . seems like the French had a thought regarding life and liberty a couple hundred years ago and went after their leaders with pitchforks and that nifty invention, the guillotine. Lots of anger building in the populace these days. Worldwide. Won't end pretty.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1444
Posted on Saturday, 27 May, 2017 - 22:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I used to work for the police and to follow an individual person takes a lot work and officers.
what actually happens is that they only target the justified.
To check everyone in the UK would take 10 officer per person. UK 60m pop., spies needed 600m.

I am not religious but believe in Karma and the good always prevail.

My politics are tory/lab/lib/dem. I flip to the best ideas regardless of ideology and one size does NOT fit all and lets not get to hung up over principals.

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 729
Posted on Thursday, 01 June, 2017 - 05:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I recall reading about East Germany where the government had everyone watching everyone else. Well, here in the US of A, the crazies are claiming to be paragons of all the Civic Virtues: tolerant, peaceful, inclusive, et al, and yet they pounce on the the first person who says something mildly conservative or traditional and turn into ravening tyrants of repression and even get violent. The media mostly are fomenting it. Just shows what may be lurking behind the veil of some humans....
The rural USA still seems somewhat sane so that's where I will stay.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1447
Posted on Thursday, 01 June, 2017 - 23:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I live in an urban/rural area so get the best of both convenience and space.

The media are forever making up fake news, the UK Daily Mail and the Express publish lots of titbits about who said what and then trying to blow it up out of proportion, its like they have their own agenda.