Fuel saving device scam Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Fuel saving device scam « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1253
Posted on Sunday, 08 January, 2017 - 07:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A local dealer brought a car in with a device plugged into the cigar lighter which is meant to save fuel by stabilizing the cars electrical system.

So him not being gullible gave it to me for inspection.

First assuming that the alternator is flat out say 60 amps. 60 amps at 12 volt is 720 watts assuming the alternator is 50% efficient it uses 1500 watts or 2 hp to drive it.
So even if this device makes the alternator not uses any HP at all ( in the realms of perpetual motion and over unity machines here ) at the very very best 2 hp is saved. The vendors of these devices are quoting up to 25% fuel saving. Yeah right.

Inside the device is 2 resistors in series with an led and a capacitor from pos to neg. The circuit lights up the led that is all.

The device is using power and therefore a tiny amount of fuel.

We obey the laws of thermodynamics in the UK.

In any case a cars electrical system has a battery in circuit which stabilizers the electrical system to a very high level and if thats not enough an inductor would work much better than a stupid small capacitor in the fag lighter.

Inductors are a coil wrapped around a core, the magnetic field produced stabilizers voltage and resists change in voltage.

BTW I have never noticed an alternator on full chat using more fuel

ross kowalski
Prolific User
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 255
Posted on Wednesday, 01 February, 2017 - 13:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert,

Here's the write up of such a device from Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Quality-Car-Fuel-Saver-Can-Save-Gas-Features-Economizer-Blue-/131588777321?hash=item1ea34d6569:g:6koAAOSw~gRV3SoD&vxp=mtr

Introductions:
Welcome to our store! Here we particularly recommend you this Practical Fuel Economizer / Petrol Economizer for Car which must bring you much convenience and surprise if you want to make your car more fuel-efficient. The automobile fuel economizer very powerful oh! Made of high quality material and with professional design, this car fuel economizer is reliable and durable in use. It can make your car save fuel by 10%-30%. At the same time, it will improve your car horsepower. As soon as possible to order the economizer!

Features:
1. High quality, reliable and durable in use
2. It is a break-through, patent-pending invension in fuel conservation
3. It will let you save on gas just by plugging them into your cigatette lighter sockets
4. You will start saving gas consumption by 10% to 30% immediately

Specifications:
1. Dimensions: Internal: (4.13 x 1.46 x 0.98)in/(10.5 x 3.7 x 2.5)cm(L x W x H)
2. Weight: 60g/2.12oz
3.Vehicle Model without (KM/I) with (KM/I)
Toyota Yaris 17.5 19.3
Honda Accord 13 15
Nissan Micra 12 14.5
Suzuki Lapin 11 13.5

Package Includes:
1 x Fuel Economizer for Car

Warnings:
1.It is designed for 12v cigarette lightet sockets .Do not use with 24v sockets
2.If the light does not turn on,please check the fruse on your vehicle
3.On some vehicle,the light may not turn off even after turning off the engine

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2394
Posted on Wednesday, 01 February, 2017 - 20:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I thought these crackpot devices had disappeared decades ago.........................

Reminds me of the old guy who turned up at the Sydney Royal Easter Show and the larger NSW country shows every year with his 1950's low compression engine American car [have forgotten the brand] and his beach umbrella to sell his "unique" capacitor spark plug lead attachment guaranteed to turn the most rough-running car to one that would purr like a kitten as he demonstrated many times a day [I always suspected he used leads with an insulator incorporated in the cap to induce rough running and which was by-passed when he attached his "booster" to provide a direct electrical connection to the plug causing the engine to miraculously immediately start running smoothly. I suspect the low-compression engine was used as this would be smoother than an engine with a higher compression ratio requiring a higher voltage to generate a worthwhile spark].

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 676
Posted on Thursday, 02 February, 2017 - 00:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I just love these fuel saving devices. They really do work for me because each time I see them it strokes my ego as it reenforces my solid belief that governments are totally useless at enforcing laws to protect the consumer.

The snake oil peddlar is alive and well. These hideous wastes of time and money belong in the same basket as weight loss and internet marriage scam rackets.

The really scarey part is you don't have to look very far to locate some poor sap who has bought one and truly believes that the $9.95 widget is actually saving him thousands at the gas station. Its all a bit like astrology - and how many women really believe in that tripe !!!

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1270
Posted on Thursday, 02 February, 2017 - 01:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Scam devices are still alive and kicking.

I find these devices fascinating.

I like the water ones the best. make hydrogen from water using the alternator, to run the engine. As I said a 2 hp alternator which when applied to hydrogen would make about 1 hp worth of fuel which wouldn't even run a lawn mower. Better off with an electric 750 watt flymo.

Magnets on the fuel line indeed.

The question I always ask is, if the device works then it would be fitted by the car makers. The answer given by the scammers always starts with the big corporations are conspiring to stop the device because the oil companies will lose money. This is despite both oil companies and car makers continually trying to gain an edge over competitors in MPG figures.

Most patent offices wont accept over unity devices unless a working model proves it. No one has proved it.

According to some "inventors" Tesla was murdered because he found a way of getting free electricity, so the US government killed him and buried the invention along with Tesla.

Again a load of bollards, because at the moment billions of dollars, pounds, euros, roubles and Chinese money is being spent on nuclear FUSION -- not fission-- because once they get it working we will have much cheaper electricity. They use deuterium. Sea water is 0.015% deuterium which doesn,t sound a lot but there is lots of sea water and enough for millions of years.

A claim that amuses me is that by using an oil additive an engine can be run with out oil, why in gods name would anybody want to run an engine with out oil whats the point. Briggs and Stratton run engines with out oilo and the treated engine failed quicker than the untreated one, The engines lasted only minutes before knocking big ends and scored pistons. A pundit said that if better quality engines had been used it would have worked, I think he got done for consumer fraud.

Many years ago a rep said that by adding tin pellets to the petrol enhanced burning of the fuel and more power would occur. MY boss said that there is tin in solder which is used in petrol systems and if petrol dissolved the tin then the system would leak.

Testimonials are good as well, what happens is that motorist notice a MPG improvement because they subconsciously drive more careful.

best way to save fuel is pump the tyres up and drive with light right foot. Or not use the car.

I think some guy in OZ got done for consumer fraud.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1271
Posted on Thursday, 02 February, 2017 - 01:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am a Capricorn so are 1/12 of the rest of us, so my horoscope has to cover 750 million people some of which will die that day, so my horoscope saying all is well didn't quite fit them.

Mark Luft
Experienced User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 12
Posted on Thursday, 02 February, 2017 - 02:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Looks more like an adult toy.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1273
Posted on Friday, 03 February, 2017 - 00:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A butt plug with a blue light for police.

I love the statement professionally designed---- by professional scammers that is.

Grand Master

Post Number: 677
Posted on Friday, 03 February, 2017 - 03:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ah yes Kowaslski and its being sold from New Jersey. So why are not the government agents in the US shutting this guy down? Mmmn probably because there are no agents available.

We have the Trade Practices Act in OZ Section 52 prohibits misleading and deceptive conduct. But gosh you need a lawyer to get it to work. Here is a good point - BS is legal in democracies. It has to be because without that the majority of politicians would be led away on a chain.

Russia right now is deadly. But when the government there comes after you you do get the message. Example the Scientologists from the USA were grabbed and marched onto a plane in Moscow and told that if they came back they would disappear without trace.

I would like to see that happen to the conman behind this fuel saving device. Yes free one way ticket to Caracas and the problem is solved!

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1274
Posted on Friday, 03 February, 2017 - 07:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

We have consumer protection laws in the UK and once they get their teeth into a scam they don't let go.

Bull stools are part of democracy its up to the individual to figure it out.

Hanging is too good for scammers.

On Judge Judy a women tried to sell photos of a mobile phone in place of the real thing she ended up in goal for 3 mths and lost her kids.

Judy ripped into her, great TV.

One women got a letter saying she had won the UK lottery and lost money, but she hadn't entered the lottery!!. Some deserve getting ripped off. But its still wrong to take advantage of thick people.
I won £50 on the premuim bonds they sent me a cheque with an invitation to buy some more so I bunged another grand in and won another £50. Should I ever get strapped for cash then I would just cash them in for £2000. Top prize is £1 million.

Organised religions are to me a scam, and cause more problems than they solve. I support my local church because they do good things and who am I to condemn someone who gets comfort from believing in something that isn't true.
Scientology is an evil cult who has a hidden agenda.

Gospel TV is a bit like reading a scam letter they speak a 1000 words for one sentence. I only watched because I thought they would be singing blues/gospel music.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 983
Posted on Friday, 03 February, 2017 - 10:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My wife's favourite channel is the "as seen on TV" channel.
Its sending me broke!

Non stick pan or kitchen wiz anyone?

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1275
Posted on Saturday, 04 February, 2017 - 09:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Fortunately my wife only buys what she needs rather than wants and she does not buy gimmicky stuff and when she does buy she insists on buying quality stuff not necessarily expensive.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1014
Posted on Sunday, 05 February, 2017 - 17:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I might retire,

Then she will stop buying

Grand Master

Post Number: 690
Posted on Sunday, 05 February, 2017 - 18:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I don't have a wife. I have a cat PussNasty. She is much cheaper. Naturally, having hookers on speed dial conquers loneliness. The past two relationship cost 30 grand and I count myself as damned lucky as I have met an unbelievable amount of men who have been fleeced mercilessly by women.

The Family Law Act in Oz is set up perfectly to fleece the male species. The Child Support Act does a fine job too as there is a sea of young females that bear many children to many different men specifically to enjoy never working again and its a brilliant but easy move.

Don't believe me? Become a Family Lawyer and you will be mind blown by what lengths a female is capable of to rip the loot.

The Mad Scot has just been siphoned wickedly but is so mad that he is onto purse sucker number three.

The next love drug relationship I will be having will be in a third world country and she will be staying there. Any complaints will be met with her swift replacement by the zillions of eager contenders.

Call me mean or whatever but my sympathy gland is all dried up!

Besides I need to buy another RR/B !!!!

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1054
Posted on Monday, 06 February, 2017 - 03:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Vlad - you have the nail on the head mate.
I am on wife number one and that is how the plan needs to continue in order for it all to work. In all cases where the master plan has failed, the only real option is the speed dial one that you referred to in your message.

Grand Master

Post Number: 691
Posted on Monday, 06 February, 2017 - 06:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Not only that Omar, I have developed a new Soviet weapon specially for defence of men against the female gold digger.

I call it The Art of Identification of Manipulation.

Female manipulation techniques are only matched by the latest stealth technology in aviation. They are delivered on target almost subliminally with the male not realizing he's under attack until until the female is in a no lose situation. By the time he realizes it the bottle is the only solution.

When you are Johnny Depp you can afford to toss them out the door and fling truck loads of cash after them but most men are not in that position and before they know it they are not only lonely but broke as well. Not a good look in your twilight years.

The concept of Trophy Wife should be reexamined then defined to mean what it is: the trophy is not the stunning young female, the trophy is the poor bugger's asset pool! And the victor in the game is her!!!

David Towers
Frequent User
Username: xtriple

Post Number: 91
Posted on Monday, 06 February, 2017 - 06:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

4 years ago I too joined the 'ex' club, lost the house, cars, bank account, savings everything apart from two dogs and my watch! Did get a bit back (other watches - precious stuff- and my tools from the garage) and was left with a decrepit Renault Scenic which a friend sold me and allowed me to pay in instalments - it was only £500 but I didn't have it.

I feel quite proud that I got back to Bentley ownership in less than three years but, to be honest, owning the Bentley makes divorce look cheap! :-)

I am looking for the phone number of Russian hookers so if you have any suggestions for me locally....

John Beech
Prolific User
Username: jbeech

Post Number: 185
Posted on Monday, 06 February, 2017 - 08:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Count me in with fellows like Omar because plan A is to continue with wife #1 (as I have for the last nearly 39 years). And I don't have speed dial on my phone because conversation and sex are both still fun with the one I brought to the dance. Anyway, and with that said, I too have seen friends get fleeced over the years. For example, I don't have a problem with a fellow taking financial responsibility for their progeny but draw the line at this being the excuse to put the fellow into near perpetual servitude. Especially when it results in her sitting on her ass and not working on the basis of a disproportionate amount of child care expenses being allotted to her. Also, didn't our own David Gore lose a lovely Corniche to the 'type' of woman we speak of? (No - this was not the case as she acquired the Corniche as part of her share of her father's estate and I assumed responsibility for maintaining it until we split up. She immediately sold the car several years before our protracted and bitterly contested property settlement was finalised as she did not want the responsibility and cost of maintaining it. David)

Anyway, my dear blond wife is of a very rare type. One who doesn't complain about my cars, my motorcycle, or my airplane and who doesn't use my new toy as an excuse for her to have some new bauble! In fact, she became so enthused by the airplane she took up flying herself ... and actually likes it more than me! For the record, I don't love flying (unlike most of my fellow aircraft owners) and instead merely have a plane for business use, e.g. it's a tool. She, on the other hand, despite being an otherwise very intelligent woman, actually 'likes' to fly (and takes the plane out in the afternoons after work). This, just for the Hell of it! Anyway, I snapped this photo of her a couple years back just after she attained her SES-rating(single-engine-sea) which is required before you can fly a plane off water by yourself. And now she likes to rent a similar float-equipped Cub occasionally (and I won't be surprised if one of these one of these joins the fleet of toys eventually because we have so many lakes here in FL where you may go shoot touch and goes). Now motorcycles, on the other hand, she cannot abide. In fact, she will not for love nor money ride with me. Go figure!

Lynn's smile upon attaining her seaplane rating is priceless!

- Lynn's smile upon attaining her seaplane rating is priceless!

Anyway, I suspect I'm just lucky to have found and persuaded her to marry me (this when I was a young and penniless lad). Short story; I had a Fiat 124 Spider at the time and was lusting after a pair of side draft Weber carburetors. Anyway, despite only knowing me about two months and whilst working as a waitress while attending university (we both were), she dipped into her savings and bought me a set plus the manifold. And this, maybe two months after we met! Anyway, we were married four months later and I don't regret a minute of the time.

My lovely bride on our wedding day in early 1978

. . . my point in musing about my good fortune? Don't let the bad examples scare you off. Good women are out there just like there are good examples of a Rolls-Royces. You just have to enter the relationship with eyes wide open and exercise good sense. These days that may well involve a pre-nuptual agreement if your financial circumstances are such that this becomes prudent. Just saying.

Nearly 40 years later with a good hearted woman - she still loves her fun loving man - that would be me!

- Nearly 40 years later with a good hearted woman - she still loves her fun loving man - that would be me!

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1588
Posted on Monday, 06 February, 2017 - 15:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've always been curious about divorce settlements. Is it really true that men get fleeced? I would expect that any separation after, say, 10 years of marriage would result in a 50/50 split in all equities and savings, provided dependent children are not involved. Am I being naive here. Do men pay a disproportionately large amount into any settlement?

Geoff

David Gore

Post Number: 2405
Posted on Monday, 06 February, 2017 - 15:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Family Law in Australia does not work on 50/50 splits as the allocation of the asset pool is entirely at the judge's discretion if the parties cannot agree on an acceptable split based on assets owned by each party at the beginning of the marriage, assets acquired during the marriage by acquisition and/or inheritance plus both the economic and non-economic contributions made by both parties to acquiring and maintaining these assets and to the marriage in general. The usual disagreement points are the inclusion and valuation value of non-economic contributions such as general housekeeping services and child raising by a non-income earning spouse [this can either be a male or female], the cost of child care and education for the children resulting from the marriage and inclusion/valuation of inheritances where both parties have subsequently contributed to increasing the value of the inheritance up to the date of separation and any subsequent disposal of assets prior to the determination of the settlement.

In my case, I lost 6 years of my life waiting for the settlement to be heard in Court and the total legal costs for both parties were around 25% of the disclosed asset pool available for distribution as our children were all adults at the time of separation and no child maintenance issues were involved.

In the words of the Court Registrar who conducted a compulsory preliminary private advisory and conciliation meeting for both spouses after the initial Application for a Settlement was lodged with the Court to encourage both parties to negotiate a settlement before formal hearings commence:

"The most appropriate and best settlement is one where both parties are unhappy with the outcome as this is the best indicator of a fair and reasonable settlement."

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1058
Posted on Tuesday, 07 February, 2017 - 05:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear John,
What a lovely story about a wonderful person - The one who ended up being your wife.
There is a connection between us - my wife also connected with me over a classic car. When we first met I bought a Mercedes 300SEL 6.3 and started restoring that. She spent hours with me working on the car every night although we had only been dating a few months. That was 30 years ago!!
We were both students at the same university in 1987. The rest is history really.

The moral of the story is - if you are a petrol-head, meet a chick that accepts your love for all things mechanical and it will probably work out......

Grand Master

Post Number: 692
Posted on Tuesday, 07 February, 2017 - 06:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You bloody showoff Omar. A 6.3 !!!

A petrol head girl you say. Perhaps I should try Bonneville. My problem is once they even mention an Asian car let alone drive one it can never be.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1589
Posted on Tuesday, 07 February, 2017 - 07:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

To add a contrarian view, my wife doesn't even drive and we have lasted 39 years so far. She identifies cars by their color. When she was staying in a hotel a few months ago she was chauffeured in a courtesy car. I had to check their website to identify it as a classic Daimler. It's all lost on her. She is very helpful with the Rolls however, as she has smaller and more dexterous hands; great for getting into those confined spaces. She refers to my hands as bunches of bananas.

On the subject of Divorce (thanks David for that explanation), the Mail Online newspaper is running a headline story of a man who divorced 15 years ago and has just had his maintenance amount increased from 1100 to 1400 gbp per month as she blew the cash settlement she got in 2002. They have one grown up son, so no legal dependents. Using David's comment as a guide re: "The most appropriate and best settlement is one where both parties are unhappy with the outcome as this is the best indicator of a fair and reasonable settlement.", she is pictured with a beaming smile and he looks utterly defeated.

Geoff

ross kowalski
Prolific User

Post Number: 268
Posted on Tuesday, 07 February, 2017 - 12:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

John,

You're right about there being good women out there, you just have to look in the right place. For me and a little luck, the right place was Paris '94. She's the best person I know. People often think she is made up because of the sheer implausibility of it all.

Here she is racing for team spark which fund raises for Homes for Our troops.

Here scene working on a commission for some kind of award for the Society of Arts and Crafts.

And she drives stick

And articulated loader.

With my wife not available, there is one less good woman out there, but keep looking.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1019
Posted on Tuesday, 07 February, 2017 - 12:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great read gents, your a lucky couple of guys

Thanks for sharing.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1062
Posted on Tuesday, 07 February, 2017 - 14:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1022
Posted on Tuesday, 07 February, 2017 - 18:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Nice Merc Omar.

What became of it?

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1064
Posted on Tuesday, 07 February, 2017 - 19:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Joanne and I used the car for our graduation ceremony and then when we moved to Dubai it was no longer practical to keep the car in England. We shipped it to Dubai and a few years later sold it to a man who was going to take it to Indonesia (the car was RHD).

The 6.3 is an amazing car.
I could never afford the car as a student but i managed to make the car cost-neutral by selling the registration number (99 SHY) which offset the purchase cost and restoration costs.
The fuel bills however crippled me!!!

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1278
Posted on Wednesday, 08 February, 2017 - 02:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have a good wife, she is my best friend as well. 40 odd years.

4 children youngest 32.

I like Mercs and they are as good as a RR but different.

Mark Luft
Experienced User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, 08 February, 2017 - 06:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

John, the smile on Lynn's face says it all. Bravo!!

Geoff, I blew a power steering hose on an Jag XJS and my small hands were too big, so my new wife crawled under with me and she replaced that hose. That was 25 years ago, and we're still together. Yes there are some wonderful women out there.

Omar, wonderful story,anytime you find a lady to lend a hand, that's a keeper.

Best to all!
Mark

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1028
Posted on Wednesday, 08 February, 2017 - 07:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great stories guys,
Thanks so much for sharing.

My wife Leanne & I have known each other since I was 8 and she was 6.

Her father taught my brother, sister & I drums in our local pipe band.
Yes I am still a drummer LOL

Here is a pic of us as page boy & flower girl at my eldest sisters wedding in 1973 I was 10 and she was 8.

I have been a mechanic since I started my trade in 1978. We moved in with each other in 1983,
Since then she has had to put up with grease stained work clothes, washing overalls, a stinky greasy bloke who has loved her since the day I met her.
She has helped with countless mechanical jobs and getting down & dirty herself.
She can twist a spanner quite well. The most recent job she helped me refill the Shadow with coolant (a site to behold in itself with hoses, funnels & a wheelie bin) after its 2 year interval.

Another pic of us from our recent trip to Hong Kong

She wont drive the 25 Chev,
But she loves driving Robert our 72 Shadow SRH12255.

Here she is about to hit the track at Sydney Motorsport Park during the Shannons Classic 2015

David Gore

Post Number: 2410
Posted on Wednesday, 08 February, 2017 - 07:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"True love never runs smooth" - old but true proverb.

My story is too long and personal for public display but has a very happy ending for my current partner and I. We met at school 55 years ago and she was my first love; our relationship lasted for 4 years until I went to University in Sydney and we lived in different parts of NSW during which she found another partner and married. I remained single for a further 5 years before marrying. We went our separate ways for 35 years without knowing where each other was and we both experienced marriage breakdowns. After realising my marriage breakdown would be permanent, something inside me convinced me I should try and find her. I was able to find her through her family who still lived where they were when we were teenagers, I made contact and discovered she was single and living on her own in country NSW. We subsequently met and discovered we still had feelings for each other and she later provided me the support I needed to get through my prolonged divorce settlement.

My first love will be my last love.......

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1029
Posted on Wednesday, 08 February, 2017 - 07:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

GREAT last line there David.

Fantastic story

Good on ya mate!

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1281
Posted on Wednesday, 08 February, 2017 - 08:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

ah so sweet

David Gore

Post Number: 2411
Posted on Wednesday, 08 February, 2017 - 10:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,

Your story is obviously one where you have been blessed by maintaining a stable and happy relationship with a supportive and caring wife and vice versa.

In our case, we both didn't realise what we lost until after we lost it. Then our commitment and responsibilities to raise our families meant we both remained in our marriages without knowing what the other was doing to nurture our children in a stable home environment to give them the best possible start in life. We both did not seek to walk away from our responsibilities or look elsewhere for companionship until we had completed our obligations to raising our children and giving them the best possible start in life - old-fashioned maybe but our consciences are clear as we were both independently prepared to pay the price of putting our responsibilities to our families before ourselves.

Sue was single for many years before our reunion and it was fortuitous for both us that we were obviously meant to reunite when the circumstances were right and this is what actually happened.

"One door shuts and another will always open when least expected - the problem is you cannot predict which door!!"

David

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1031
Posted on Wednesday, 08 February, 2017 - 11:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Old fashioned is good David.

ross kowalski
Prolific User

Post Number: 270
Posted on Wednesday, 08 February, 2017 - 11:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,

8 and 6, Now that is a long relationship!

David,

Good karma on that story. You must have been living some kind of right to get that happy ending. Many happy years to come I'm sure.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1032
Posted on Wednesday, 08 February, 2017 - 11:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes Ross, but it's been all good

David Gore

Post Number: 2412
Posted on Wednesday, 08 February, 2017 - 13:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Ross - I am proof good will come to those who do the right thing if they have the patience to wait. The most important thing is not to lose faith beforehand or become bitter and twisted in the meantime.

"good begets good although some have to wait longer than others to receive the benefits."

Yes Patrick - there are a lot more good people in the world than bad especially if we are prepared to learn from the mistakes of others.

"only a fool will not learn from the mistakes of others."

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1283
Posted on Thursday, 09 February, 2017 - 02:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good karma------

Grand Master

Post Number: 697
Posted on Thursday, 09 February, 2017 - 03:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Some lovely couples here and I wish you all well. But love and marriage are concepts I abandoned when my last relationship turned my hair from brown to white. Now my hair is half half. To say the shock of being suckered made me medically sick is an understatement.

I look back on the entire matter and laugh these days because it was truly insane. I remember quizzing my dear darling as to why her mother was my friend and encouraged our relationship but had become cold and standoffish. I was given an illogical answer followed by " mum would like you again if you gave her the Camargue "

Ah yes indeedy. When hit with that I simply did not reply as I thought it was quite a nutty request. But love can cause one not to contemplate the obvious.

When she was leaving I did contemplate impaling her on one of my large Whitshire carving blades. Fortunately, I had a good biker mate who years ago altered his ex wife's perception of things by removing her head with a sawn off double barrel with buckshot. He had warned her that if she kept going to the family court to relieve him of all his assets he would kill her. Apparently she underestimated him. He did 12 years and bestowed upon me this mental treasure - " They are not worth killing "

That little treasure saved my ex and me. So I learn not only from my mistakes but from other men's mistakes too.

My last really good woman was Soviet. She was Komonsol and her grandfather was Bolshevik. Sadly, she had no interest in living in Australia. We used to walk in the Russian snow until I was in agonizing pain in the kneecaps then she would call me lazy bones.

What a life! But that's Russia!

John Beech
Prolific User
Username: jbeech

Post Number: 189
Posted on Thursday, 09 February, 2017 - 08:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir, that's a great story about learning from your mate's experience. I'll bear it in mind if the occasion ever warrants. That said, let me share what's served me well. In the words of my late, and presumably wise, grandfather . . . "Johnny, there are two theories regarding arguing with women and neither one works!"

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 703
Posted on Saturday, 25 February, 2017 - 04:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ahh..."Love for Lydia" today's topic!

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1166
Posted on Sunday, 26 February, 2017 - 07:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ross,

I didn't see the 2 links regarding your wife driving stick, plus the loader. Fantastic.

I also stumbled across the "loading loam in the Rolls Royce" video.
Nice work mate.

ross kowalski
Grand Master

Post Number: 303
Posted on Sunday, 26 February, 2017 - 11:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,

I forgot about that loam video. Mozart, what was I thinking. It should have been Bach Toccata in D Minor. That was written for RR.

The jeep isn't so bad because it has a t14 which despite it's many shortcomings did have syncros.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1168
Posted on Sunday, 26 February, 2017 - 12:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well
She does it real well mate.

Her aim into the sieve screen was perfect

ross kowalski
Grand Master

Post Number: 315
Posted on Monday, 06 March, 2017 - 12:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,

She's also a hooker.

Here she is flying in on the remote hook to be dropped off on the bog by the cranberry bins already rigged with slings.

The bins are hooked

She signals the pilot to fly the bins to the truck.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1201
Posted on Monday, 06 March, 2017 - 13:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Oh MAN!

You had me worried there for a minute Ross!