Last minute shopping! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Last minute shopping! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

michael vass
Prolific User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 249
Posted on Sunday, 25 December, 2016 - 03:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1185081/Roller-rage-Rolls-Royce-rammed-Tesco-store-motorist-minutes-refused-alcohol.html

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1525
Posted on Sunday, 25 December, 2016 - 03:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I didn't realize Vladimir was visiting the UK for Christmas.

ross kowalski
Prolific User
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 230
Posted on Sunday, 25 December, 2016 - 04:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ok boys easy now,

I think we've all done this at some point or another.

Merry Christmas

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 812
Posted on Sunday, 25 December, 2016 - 06:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ross,
It would have been one hell of a ride, crash bounce over that very high set of bricks below that window.
Good to see the front suspension seems to still be in good order!!

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 471
Posted on Sunday, 25 December, 2016 - 20:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Quote from the article:
"He must have been very upset to think this was a good idea."
Yea. Understatement of the day!

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 972
Posted on Monday, 26 December, 2016 - 05:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great story......
Stuff like this just doesn't happen around where i live. Makes it all seem like cloud cuckoo land.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 653
Posted on Monday, 02 January, 2017 - 09:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can alcohol really be blamed for such madness?. He should have just tried another booze shop. Here in Oz they count your drinks then cut you off regardless so I just move to the next bar.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1245
Posted on Tuesday, 03 January, 2017 - 00:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Some people just cant handle alcohol. Their sense of reason seem to completely go.

I dont drink but have been drunk. but still in control. I see night clubbers in town so drunk that they have wet themselves and laying on the pavement being sick. It seems that they are hell bent on damaging themselves.

Then they start fighting.

Or driving cars through shop windows.

Fortunately my kids and grandkids drink only till they are merry then generally fall asleep.

Larry Kavanagh
Experienced User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 30
Posted on Tuesday, 03 January, 2017 - 08:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

But for the grace of God go I. Sometimes alcohol can control the individual rather than the individual controlling the alcohol, it just depends on the individuals chemical make-up. Anyway, given certain circumstances it could happen to anyone. No doubt that drunk is very sorry now, at least he will appear so when he stands before the judge. Just hope the judge is not a Rolls Royce enthusiast.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 857
Posted on Tuesday, 03 January, 2017 - 10:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Your description of the Grand kids Robert, describes my drinking to a T

John Beech
Prolific User
Username: jbeech

Post Number: 153
Posted on Wednesday, 04 January, 2017 - 03:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Me too, Patrick. I like a single malt Scotch neat, or a decent cognac, but after a couple, I'm done. Of course I've been very drunk a few times (in my youth and never to the point of passing out but at the throwing up stage instead). I soon decided I didn't like how it felt and desisted. However, what I think we forget is when young men are out and about with friends, sometimes testosterone plays a role because they egg each other on. Anyway, I'm glad to have enough experience in the ways of the world to resist passing judgement. Especially because as Larry alluded, some folks are more susceptible to the allure than others. But back to the original post; that car sustained an astonishing hit and showed little in the way of damage. Seriously tough car, eh? I wonder what the repair tab showed in the way of real damage? It would be nice to discover that.

Grand Master

Post Number: 654
Posted on Wednesday, 04 January, 2017 - 06:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jetsetters That car should definitely be inspected to see if it has any front suspension damage.

That aside I find in Oz it is usual for most drunks to claim other drinkers have a problem whereas in Russia drinkers tend to concentrate on more important things like where the next vodka bottle is coming from. Russian society is built for drinking but Australia is definitely not - its a pretend drinking paradise where people think they are big drinkers but are not. My opinion is that even the French and Italian could put them under the table.

That aside I am certain that if this RR window crasher turns up again drunk the staff will not only serve him but the manager will actually drive the good gentleman home and catch a taxi back to the shop.

One just has to award the man with a brass Toad of Toad Hall for his effort. Thus I am attempting to locate the court where he will attend and put one in the mail to him via the Judge. Could he really be English and was he trying to send the girl who refused him service a message? Mad Yes, Brilliant Definitely.

Hollywood gets my second prize. Now if only I could attach a plaster wanted to the Statue of Liberty.

Grand Master

Post Number: 655
Posted on Wednesday, 04 January, 2017 - 06:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jetsetters That car should definitely be inspected to see if it has any front suspension damage.

That aside I find in Oz it is usual for most drunks to claim other drinkers have a problem whereas in Russia drinkers tend to concentrate on more important things like where the next vodka bottle is coming from. Russian society is built for drinking but Australia is definitely not - its a pretend drinking paradise where people think they are big drinkers but are not. My opinion is that even the French and Italian could put them under the table.

That aside I am certain that if this RR window crasher turns up again drunk the staff will not only serve him but the manager will actually drive the good gentleman home and catch a taxi back to the shop.

One just has to award the man with a brass Toad of Toad Hall for his effort. Thus I am attempting to locate the court where he will attend and put one in the mail to him via the Judge. Could he really be English and was he trying to send the girl who refused him service a message? Mad Yes, Brilliant Definitely.

Hollyweed gets my second prize. Now if only I could attach a plaster wanger to the Statue of Liberty.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1540
Posted on Wednesday, 04 January, 2017 - 06:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Vladimir

Even the Russians are going soft these days. In 2011 beer was reclassified as an alcoholic drink. Prior to that it was considered a soft drink.

Grand Master

Post Number: 660
Posted on Wednesday, 04 January, 2017 - 13:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Unfortunately Geoff that is true but I am certain it was just for tax reasons.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 868
Posted on Wednesday, 04 January, 2017 - 19:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

John,
Fully agree with you.

Have a drink because you like what you drink.
Some people drink to get drunk on purpose, and that I don't understand.

In regards to the car.
It would be interesting to have a good look underneath.

It certainly looks to be sitting well.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 987
Posted on Thursday, 05 January, 2017 - 04:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I think this dude would be great company for our London reunion..... If only we could invite him to drink with us - what a night that would be!!!

Grand Master

Post Number: 661
Posted on Thursday, 05 January, 2017 - 05:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar is of course right!