A jolly good book Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » A jolly good book « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 642
Posted on Sunday, 27 November, 2016 - 05:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have just read On the Front Line by Marie Colvin. This is a cracker of a book by an American lady who constantly entered war zones not with a weapon but with pen and paper and then later scribed hideous truths our beloved politicians would like us not to know about.

In particular she exposes US foreign policy for the ghastly animal it is showing the beauty of being in Iraq hearing the US call to revolt against Saddam and then later realising regardless of US propaganda, the Marines would not be arriving to assist as you and your family are dragged away for summary execution or worse by Saddam's naughty boys. I say never believe the US cavalry is coming until you see the white of their eyes.

Russia was not spared either as she mixed it hard in Chechens in the scrub. How embarrassing !!

After losing an eye from being stuck between the Tamil Tigers and the Sri Lankan Army, she never gave up her craft and as a result continued until she got croaked in Syria which is definitely a good place to be if you have a death wish or a need for a hyper blast of adrenalin.

Just something to keep you going between the anxiety bouts when pulling your RR/B liners out. What what!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 703
Posted on Sunday, 27 November, 2016 - 06:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Vlad.

I will be checking that one out.

The truth hurts mate, and governments don't like it.

Thanks for the heads up.