Paved with gold uk immigration Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Paved with gold uk immigration « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1101
Posted on Friday, 12 August, 2016 - 09:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Today on telly a Polish women said she thought the English were all celebrities like Jenny Lopez.
how does the bins get emptied not by celebrities and Lopez in USA not UK.

This is the problem we get despite the internet people come here thinking they are going to be rich they are mislead by travel agents in their own countries.

but having said that a mate has a polish mechanic working for him who is an expert on mercs. My mate is taking in a lot mercs and doing very well out of it.

try to see the up side of immigration but get torn when we get a nutter down the shops shouting abuse about us natives. And seriously nasty thugs.

its all about the pensions time bomb. by 2020 in the uk there will be more OAPs then workers. do the maths and you see the problem the money isnt there. so importing young people from around the world makes sense. But our infrastructure is overloaded. we havent got enough houses etc. we need to build a few new towns complete with schools factories and shops.
At first sight it appears that the UK hasnt got thee land, but if one gets off the main roads deep into the country side then theres loads of land. esp north british isles.

Jonas TRACHSEL
Frequent User
Username: jonas_trachsel

Post Number: 97
Posted on Monday, 15 August, 2016 - 00:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Instead of importing young people from abroad (that do not speak and understand your language) I have a better idea: Make young people yourself, or even better: do not kill unborn babies......

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1106
Posted on Monday, 15 August, 2016 - 01:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am 65 soon and my wife is nearly 60. We have 4 kids and the snip. So we have replaced our selves plus 2 extra.
I love kids they are so much fun, but a lot of work. A lasting happy memory is my son playing with his toy farm and his younger brother introducing a mad raging bull which killed all the other animals. The younger one is now 31 and is into globe trotting and he's a nice bloke, all my kids are nice.

Be nice to your children because they choose what old peoples home you end up dribbling in. can't wait, not.

MY BILaw worked for the council as a painter and decorator. He went to this house and the guy locked his wife up in a cupboard. Some immigrants have weird ideas.
whilst working for the fuzz I had occasion to attend a police car with a flat battery. whilst going about my prescribed duties the copper showed me this back garden were the tenants had thrown house hold waste and dirty nappies. they simply do not understand our standards. they seem to be blind to stinking mess they are making.

As I said I try to be up beat but when I see what I see I despair.

When I go abroad I like to learn the lingo because it makes the experience much better if your not permanently baffled by simple signs.

recently a burger chain in London brought in border control fuzz to check out their staff and 30 odd illegals with forged documents were found. The burger chain got flack from the liberal left who accused the chain of racism. its a criminal offence not to report the chain suspicions as is using forged documents.

I sit on the fence as regards abortion

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2148
Posted on Monday, 15 August, 2016 - 07:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Moderator Comment:

I have spent some time contemplating the ramifications of the above comments regarding pregnancy terminations and acknowledge the latitude inherent in the Idler Chatter Topic.

I am of the opinion the subject of pregnancy terminations is one which is intensely personal and which also involves considerable anguish, stress and remorse for those involved who have to make a decision based on the circumstances involved and their personal beliefs.

For these reasons, I suggest we should refrain from further discussion on this topic as it is one where the holders of opposing points of view are unlikely to change their opinions and anyone who has faced a decision of this type would most likely prefer not to be reminded of their experience.

StevenBrown
Frequent User
Username: stevenbrown

Post Number: 79
Posted on Monday, 29 August, 2016 - 01:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'll comment on immigration and my own country. The preamble of our constitution, is to form a dominion under the crown of the UK and to have a constitution similar in principle to the UK. With the main goal to advance the British empire. Instead, we have become sorry for the British empire, come here and have our country! Now I don't think my grand parents fought WWII for our country to become a more democratic China or India. Now the problem is my grand parents generation can't find a retirement home here because of all the Chinese and South Asians ahead of them on the waiting list.

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 691
Posted on Tuesday, 20 September, 2016 - 23:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I can't for the life of me understand western governments' determination that importing poor people without education and skills, including western social skills, is a good idea. We may feel sorry for people living in what we consider to be hellholes, but aren't we risking making our own home a hellhole? Western governments obviously don't have the money to pay for what is already promised to citizens, much less to imports, yet they flood in.
Everyone reads about the local cat lady who feels sorry for homeless pets and then dies in a house with 400 cats.
Just my bit on offer...peace all!

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1416
Posted on Wednesday, 21 September, 2016 - 12:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I think we are seeing a move away from globalization to nationalism throughout the western democracies. Brexit and the rise of Donald Trump are two examples. Interesting times.

christopher carnley
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 5.80.22.61
Posted on Tuesday, 27 September, 2016 - 18:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What is that Australian joke about the veiled Arab lady, who went into a book store to buy an introductory manual for new immigrants,but did,nt know the title?

I remember the punch line as "Yes that,s it, have you got one?"

(Message approved by david_gore)

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 599
Posted on Tuesday, 27 September, 2016 - 21:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Funny thing about retirement Bob. Recently the left wing of the Oz government increased my retirement age from 65 to 66.5. This is after I started work at 15 and paid the swine taxes. Mind you no refund of taxes.

Now the right wing of our government is in power. They changed the way the age pension would be indexed to further dilute the value of the pension. Additionally, they are now beating the dole bludger drum, seeking to punish the young for not getting a job.

I find its all Kafka because in the 1970s anybody could buy a house now none of the young can unless they are financed by their parents or inherit big time. The banks make billions each year but the PM is blocking a call for a royal commission into bank behaviour.

Australia now is not Australia of the 1970s. Its a completely different animal.

Immigration played a huge role here.

Australia can't afford to house its young but it can afford to have a naval warship seize cannibis of the African coast. Perhaps stoned Africans were going to hollow out trees and come get us.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1137
Posted on Sunday, 02 October, 2016 - 05:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am 65 in December 2016, so I just make the old rules and get my State pension in December.
Not so my wife she has gone from 60 to 66 years old and has been ripped off for £30 to 50k in state pension payments. Which also falls on me because we share all monies notionally 50/50.

Not enough houses are being built in the UK which by laws of supply and demand has lead to high house prices.
The danger is if they build more houses then the prices will drop and people will go into negative equity, which will crash the banks again.
My house is worth lots but its money that cant be realized because I need a roof over my head.

Jobs are hard to get for the under 21s. They get the run around at the job centre and are treated badly with lies and sanctions. Fortunately my kids and grandkids have jobs or are still at school.

I feel sorry for the younger generation because when I left school I went to college and an apprenticeship. I am wealthier than my parents but I fear the younger generation will be poorer in general and a larger ratio will rent homes for the rest of their lives.

originally I came from West London, Ealing. I have a warm feeling about Ealing that no longer matches the reality. The London I knew has gone.

My mates still living in London tell me how rude the people have become and English seems to be a rarely spoken language.

The war on cannabis has failed yet the various governments still waste loads of resources trying to stop people having a bit of puff.
A local copper told me that stoned on puff teenagers are much easier to deal with than drunken dangerous ones. I have never seen out of control puffers but see and read of loads of drunken brawls in the local rag.

The reason I think for the anti puff is that enjoying oneself is considered bad because Prince Albert died an Queen Victoria went into mourning.
Its similar to my illness, because I am ill and I control it by diet as best I can, some seems to think I should only eat tasteless bland stuff. Eating a cream pastry is seen as somehow bad and enjoying food is bad.
A cream pastry wont cause me a problem providing one eats just the one and keep the rest for later on in the week.

Unhappy people dont like happy people so unhappy people dont like anything that makes people happy.

Wandering off topic a bit. Because I am malnourished and anemic my body likes sugar. I automatically eat a small amount of something sweet. The body is a marvelous machine mines trying to repair itself but my auto immune system over does it and starts attacking me.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 524
Posted on Sunday, 02 October, 2016 - 07:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert,
Thank you again for sharing personal details of your life with us mate.
I know everyone else here & I wish you all tthe best.

Very interesting read on your views of the community, please keep the writing up mate. I enjoy it very much.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1139
Posted on Sunday, 02 October, 2016 - 09:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Patrick for your kindness.

I have noticed that we all sing from the same song sheet, morally wise---------- and nobody gets trolled.

Puff is not for me because I dont see the point also I am like that with alcohol. although I do like navy rum. But why should I stop responsible from drinking or puffing. Its not a criminal problem but a health problem that doesn't exist for many drinkers and puffers. Also I take heavy duty meds like steroids and morphine, alcohol is dangerous to me. The side effects sometimes stop me from driving.

Class A drugs cause serious problems and I fully understand why the police do what they do but its a health problem not a so much criminal

I dont worry about things I have no control over and also look for problems that dont exist. Such as the bin men being late. Its just triva.

Brian Vogel calls it zen.

Many of my mates drink and puff and simply dont have any problems.

My shadow is just a box with wheels its not that important in the scheme of the big picture.Much more important is my family and my home, without my home as a base my family would not as strong as we are.
This is very relevant when thinking about the kids born in the 1980s they have not got the security I have and had in my home.

Haven is apt.

So far so good, I am a survivor.
My Dad always said I was robust with wide shoulders.

David Gore

Post Number: 2238
Posted on Sunday, 02 October, 2016 - 10:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob,

You are a "lifter and not a leaner" as well as a survivor.

Your approach to life is one that brings out the best in people.

"Onward ever onward" and never look back with regret.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1141
Posted on Monday, 03 October, 2016 - 04:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Onward and upward and dont let the b'stards grind you down.

No matter who you vote for the government wins.

my escape button on my key board has gone missing ----its escaped.

never look back with regrets ------ I like that.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master

Post Number: 1430
Posted on Monday, 03 October, 2016 - 05:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Bob

Great to see you are back on with your longer posts. I noticed you had been a lot less active on the forum up until yesterday.

My favorite post of yours was your day out on the bus with your mates, with fish and chips at the end of the day. Like most of us on this forum, I have not been on a bus for probably over 40 years. It would be such a novelty to go on one again. As an expat, fish and chips are something I really miss. On my infrequent visits to the UK I live on them. You just can't replicate genuine fish and chips here in the US.

Hey, we could include this in the UK trip itinerary!!! ( I am keeping a close eye on the "together we will meet in 2017" thread to see if I can time my next visit to the UK to coincide with it)

Hope you soon get into a better time with your health problems.

Geoff

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 527
Posted on Monday, 03 October, 2016 - 07:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Agree Geoff.
I enjoy reading Roberts posts.

Anyone got the link to Roberts fish & chip Bus run?

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master

Post Number: 1431
Posted on Monday, 03 October, 2016 - 08:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Patrick

I can't find the entry although during a quick search I found Bob's post about his 20 stone Sister in Law who turned up for an evening out dressed in "a day glow pink mini skirt low cut blouse and red high heels. She looked like a frigging clown."

Lol

Geoff

David Gore

Post Number: 2239
Posted on Monday, 03 October, 2016 - 09:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,

Can you remember the year this was posted?

Did you also search using "Bob UK" as the author?

I have had no success trying to find it so far.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master

Post Number: 1432
Posted on Monday, 03 October, 2016 - 09:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi David

I have been unable to find the forum entry I remembered reading. There are references to Swanage etc in the entry "Is Crewe really ugly?" but it is not that one. The original was longer and more descriptive. I only remembered it because I told my wife about it and she thought the idea of a day out on the bus etc was really cute. It brings up images of a long lost bygone age that was quintessentially British.

Geoff

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1146
Posted on Tuesday, 04 October, 2016 - 06:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Cute.
It largely depends on ones fellow passenger whom cannot be chosen. There have been occasions when I wish the driver would throw some of them off the bus.

Most open top buses were originally roofed but got damaged by low bridges.

I have a bus pass so is free inc the ferry. Poole bus station to Swanage. Steam railway and fish and chips. And then pool in local pub, I have OJ. Then bus to Weymouth for punch and judy and a paddle in the sea and a 99 or bunnies ears.

Theres a new service tour to the New Forest which is discounted for bus passes to £7.50 return. Good value.

We have bus tracking on mobile phones which is amazing.

Life can be so simple and sweet, I just go with the flow and smile.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2085
Posted on Tuesday, 04 October, 2016 - 06:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

For those trying to find things on these forums but for whom the built-in search function is failing them, don't forget Google.

Put this: site:au.rrforums.net/forum/messages

as the first item in your search, then start adding your keywords afterwards. I'm finding that much more productive these days.

Brian

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 533
Posted on Tuesday, 04 October, 2016 - 06:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorry guys,
I cant find it either.

StevenBrown
Frequent User
Username: stevenbrown

Post Number: 80
Posted on Friday, 21 October, 2016 - 11:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Oh, I'm not racist, I'm however a little bit on the snob side. In that I love the middle class, regardless of color, race or religion. I'm all for you, especially if you are a business owner. The benefit of a strong, even immigrant middle class. The immigrants with some money and education, well they usually want much the same as I do. We have many Sikhs and other people that I admire as people. The problem, we are mostly bringing in poor refugees on the basis their life isn't good. When we took in refugee's in the late 1960's from Haiti, it was mostly women and children. Same with civil war Lebanese in the late 1970's. Women and children its easy, to change their thinking and give them the skills to make it. Men are more difficult to change to a new way of thinking "western" survivor skills.

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 700
Posted on Friday, 21 October, 2016 - 11:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Agree with that. Of course we are instantly called haters for having common sense, but oh well...

keith pearson
New User
Username: dud_fivers

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, 05 December, 2017 - 05:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

To Noel Reddington - I lived in Ealing, and Hanwell , and also was mainly in Greenford as a kid. We moved to S Wales (Near Ebbw Vale) in 1989. Ealing is NOT the same as you say. We have no reason really to visit the London area any more. Wales is great for driving and we have Welsh RREC branch here. I know Swanage and the surrounding area, I don't like the open top buses in Bournemouth, with overhanging trees and lunatic drivers.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1599
Posted on Tuesday, 05 December, 2017 - 20:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I lived in Beechwood Avenue Greenford for 18 years. And went to Stanhope School for boys and Ravenor Junior School. Born 1951

keith pearson
New User
Username: dud_fivers

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, 07 December, 2017 - 07:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

amazing ! I was at Queens Avenue until my mother remarried and we moved to the Northolt area. I was at Ealing Grammar School . I am a bit older than you born 1943. The house at Queens Avenue lost its roof and a side wall in a bombing raid but was repaired.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1601
Posted on Thursday, 07 December, 2017 - 23:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Small world.

I had an old friend who lived in The Grove . And another in Princes and one in Kings Avenue.

I use to go to Bunny Park over the River Brent.

I slept in a car once overnight in Queens Ave after a party.