Scan tools, nutbag dash warning light... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Scan tools, nutbag dash warning lights and the brass kangaroo market « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 524
Posted on Friday, 10 June, 2016 - 05:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Working now again to keep a stack of large and small buses on the road I have partially regained my sense of humour - almost.

The good thing is most of the buses are made in Korea except for a lone Brazilian built Mercedes.

Yes Daewoo which should be pronounced DAY WOE is making buses with computers and lots of red warning lights on the dash - all important things like the after burn fuel filter needs to be cleaned or traction control is out.

I like it and think that there should be more red lights flashing in the drivers face as he hurls down the road with a 50 brawling kiddies screaming at the top of their lungs who can't be disciplined because you can't smack the kiddies anymore - Swedish studies have shown.

Yes perhaps some extra lights like "your dog has been impounded" or " the Yankees have lost to the chipmunks 15 to nil" Or even "your bank has just seized your house -wife has left a short note"

I get to spend countless hours using a large Scan 200 analysing computer you plug into the bus to find out its secrets and it helps that the good company supplies information about what all these lights and thingy things do in plain English that was appears to have been interpreted from Korean into English by a Mexican who speaks only fluent Iranian. It helps my day as each and ever bus driver in a panic about the lights gives me a defect form stating "The light flashed !!!!" after they tremble and twitch from a day on the road with the kiddies and aggressive car drivers and narrow roads with tight curves and overhead branches of large trees and backpacker tourist drivers from Left Hand Drive countries.

I know for certain that the inventor responsible for all these warning lights was the same guy that made his first billion selling brass kangaroos to the Swedes and perhaps also the Finns. Somehow he convinced the large manufacturers the more lights, bells, buzzers and human failsafe devices were essential and he's a good man because now my job includes diagnosing why the these lights constantly flash instead of getting on with more less important things like oil changes or even brake inspection.

Nobody needs to worry these days because the Scan Tool knows and like God - can never be wrong.

michael vass
Prolific User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 186
Posted on Friday, 10 June, 2016 - 07:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Lol
Love to see them flashing with our salted roads.🚌🚽
Thanks for a good laugh
Mike

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 243
Posted on Friday, 10 June, 2016 - 08:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good laugh indeed.

I work for a very BIG Swedish truck & bus manufacturer, and near where I reside in the office is the bus division.
There are 2 guys who do regional service work.
I listen to them telling workshop after workshop how to use the "tech tool" and what to look for.
Amazing how many of these issues I hear on a daily basis are so common and repetitive.
Obvious known faults that still have not been rectified.