Decadent and unhinged plans of travel... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Decadent and unhinged plans of travel - Phantoms in Mao's Red China « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 438
Posted on Thursday, 24 March, 2016 - 04:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

One of the greatest pieces of auto literature I have ever came across is the article on the RROC site about a gentleman who was insane enough to drive his Phantom from Peking to India and beyond.

It has all the ingredients for a Hollywood movie - the sheer agony for example with the corrupt Chinese appointed helper requesting a hundred dollars for trivialities and other vandalistic lunatics suggesting that the Phantom can be lifted onto the back of a truck by putting a railway sleeper through the windows and hoisting it safely up there - well that's one way I guess to force yourself into converting your Phantom into a convertible because the damage to the roof and turrets would have been obscene.

I am thinking of a rail trip soon flying from Australia to Singapore, train to Bangkok, bus to Hanoi, train to Peking, Ulan Bator Mongolia, Siberia, Moscow and down to Samara to visit my brother and run wild for a month on vodka before train to Moscow, Leningrad, London and then flight avoiding all suicide bombers to Dubai to see Omar and investigate the whereabouts of that abandoned Camargue and to actually eyeball all the deserted luxury cars in Dubai that only a mixture of greed and craziness can produce.

So Omar if you are up to a visit from Crazy Russian please send your cell/mobile number to complexengine@yahoo.com.au and I will call you to discuss. Have tried to private message you but suspect you have a different email link.

Bob send details of loot needed for a drive to Hunt House in that Black Shadow of yours.

Other members of the forum along the way who wish to meet or provide stolen antiquities or rusted Soviet Era Samovars please contact me by email.

This will be an adventure of total lunacy as the Toad of Toad Hall breaks completely loose of his mental hinges and runs totally amok with that hero of yours and mine - Flashman !

Another reason for the trip is I am just fed up with all this bombing of innocent people in Europe and nonsensical shootings at Rock Concerts and I will not be intimidated by such stupidity. It really is time to dig up Thatcher, clone her, brain wash her that the Argentinians are coming for Northern Ireland this time and set her about the task or perhaps send a few billions dollars worth of education to the terrorist lunatics that suicide bombing is just never going to get them what they want anymore than taking up origami is.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 557
Posted on Thursday, 24 March, 2016 - 05:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Russian Lunatics are most welcome in my house in Dubai.
Cell phone details being PM'd now.

I am really looking forward to it Vlad.