The essentials and dimensions of a ma... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » The essentials and dimensions of a man cave « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 361
Posted on Monday, 30 November, 2015 - 12:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Presently I am hard at it moving the interior objects of my 30 metre by 10.5 meter garage into such a state that the 420G Jaguar can be brought in and stripped for a bare metal repaint together with the rechroming of its brightwork accompanied by the expected obscene cost involved.

It has suddenly dawned on me as I put all the equipment and tools the Mad Scot has stored at my inconvenience in my shed to one side just how much I am going to enjoy telling him that he as a month to purchase and erect somewhere right down the front fence line of my half acre his own man cave within a month or move it all his rubble to his own residence over 1000 kilometres away.

A man must have his own cave for without his cave he is like a woman who is unable to locate her way to the nearest dress and shoe store. I am a firm believer that a woman should not be allowed marry unless and until she is in a position to buy her man a man cave at least the size of mine.

Without a man cave even strong willed men can fall into the evils of disco music and the purchase of unsightly objects like Asian made cars and plastic beer mugs.

I am a firm believer in male liberation and say our time has come to rise up and take control again and I remember what my brother in Russia told me about women and vodka. "Women should not drink vodka because once they get a taste for it they stop working"

As you probably know the Russian women folk are quite used to earning an income and completing all their household duties and they love it .

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 583
Posted on Tuesday, 01 December, 2015 - 14:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gotta have a Man Cave. I am investigating now as I have outgrown my 2-car (barely) garage.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 775
Posted on Wednesday, 02 December, 2015 - 05:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My man cave is 7m x 7m. One side is my car and the other is work benches and tools etc. Next door is a conservatory which is 7m x 5m. In the spring I am going to put a door between the 2 so I can spread out into the conservatory.

My family has been using the conservatory as a dumping ground for stuff they want but never use. Waste of a building. The junk is going to the tip. They have till March to reclaim stuff. Bet they don't then complain when the junk is gone.

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 886
Posted on Thursday, 03 December, 2015 - 23:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What do need in (inside) a man cave? Check out what James May and helpers put into his/their man cave: Bar, Home Cinema, Full WiFi Communications, Indoor BBQ, Working Model Freight Railway, etc.

So far all I've come up with on YouTube (search: James May Man Cave) has come up with a different series called 'Man Lab'. I wish I had the space, but my man cave is full of cra ... essential tools, welding bench, welding gear (stick and mig), 3 motor bikes and so on.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1405
Posted on Sunday, 06 December, 2015 - 09:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Basically . . . there are always more essentials needed . . . even if they never ever get used.

There is only one size that will ever do.

Bigger.

It's a fact of life! :-)

Neville Davies
Frequent User
Username: nev_davies

Post Number: 67
Posted on Sunday, 06 December, 2015 - 18:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob it could end up like this No room for my bed now though.

picture

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 791
Posted on Monday, 07 December, 2015 - 08:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No man cave is ever big enough.

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 589
Posted on Monday, 07 December, 2015 - 12:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

So much stuff; so little room...

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1782
Posted on Monday, 07 December, 2015 - 13:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

When you know you have stuff, but have no idea where you have it, it's time to downsize & declutter. Particularly if you have no recollection of the last time you saw or used it.

Expanding to fill all available space is easy, too easy.