Test for Inserting Images in Edit Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Test for Inserting Images in Edit « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1377
Posted on Friday, 12 June, 2015 - 07:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Image one, me with the triplets in 2011:

Me with the triplets

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1378
Posted on Friday, 12 June, 2015 - 07:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

When I try to edit this post to insert a second image, here's a screenshot of the error message that comes back:

Not in this context

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1637
Posted on Friday, 12 June, 2015 - 08:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Brian,

I replied to your PM without seeing this first so you have already tried my advice to test inserting another image using the EDIT function. I forgot to include the importance of using the PREVIEW function before posting as this will reveal any layout problems that can be corrected before posting.

To solve this editing problem for already posted contributions in future, I suggest you use a new post to include the correct text content and leave it to me or our Administrator to delete the first post. To save retyping, you can copy the text from the original post to the new post and change the content as needed.

P.S. I tried editing a duplicate copy of your post with the same outcome as above so the only practical solution is a new post and deletion of the original. I have no problems doing this using my Moderator privileges as it is a quick and simple fix.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1379
Posted on Friday, 12 June, 2015 - 08:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,

Thanks. I'll remember this since there are occasions when just doing a full and correct second post, and asking that the first one with mistakes be deleted, is the easiest route to take. This is all the more true if you discover your error past the short (10 minutes, I believe) window you get to edit a given post.

Feel free to nuke this whole thread, if you so desire.

Brian

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1380
Posted on Friday, 12 June, 2015 - 08:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David Gore wrote: PREVIEW function before posting as this will reveal any layout problems that can be corrected before posting.

I always do, but this has its limits with regard to images. If you use the backslash image command you are shown a preview with "Your Image Here" boxes. If you fat finger something during the upload process (which is what I did yesterday) you don't see that until "it's too late" to fix it. Although, based on the missing first picture I used in this thread, I presume it's possible to delete the backslash jpeg_alreadyuploaded command to eradicate an image you don't want even if you can't insert a replacement.

Brian