Seriously Icky x 3 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Seriously Icky x 3 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 188.29.164.74
Posted on Saturday, 09 May, 2015 - 10:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have just found out that a treatment for colitis is --'-- so disgusting.

The idea is that a healthy person turds contain bacteria essential for the colon.

So they get a healthy turd and put in the colon of the colitis sufferer. Thus giving then heathly colon bacteria.

Best turds are relatives who live in a different house hold. Imagine asking your brother or worse your sister to pop a turd in the post.

I hope my doctor does NOT know about this treatment.

I have images in my head of the procedure.

I want a general anaesthetic and no discussion afterwards I shall have to pretend it never happened.

The mind boggles.

While I was ill but before I was in hospital in feb. I lost a week due to dementia. I now remember what I did. I repaired my man cave rear doors and fitted new gutter above the door to keep the rain off.
weird when a memory floods back. It happens in a flash.
I can now walk without a zimmer but get dizzy. As for driving no chance, I thought it was going to be easy. I have waves of pain that freeze me up plus I am on morphine. It would be dangerous for me to drive.

I spend every day watching TV and playing music plus I have got an electric ukelali. I have changed the strings from nylon to steel and tuned to an open chord. Its small so I small use it in the car when I feel like a burst of George Formby. Its made from maple one piece with rose wood fret board quality machine heads not impressed with the pick up. However easily sorted with a guitar pick up. The supplied pick up is microphonic which is not good and causes feed back at only 10watts. UK made by John Hornby.

(Message approved by david_gore)

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1605
Posted on Sunday, 10 May, 2015 - 09:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Bob,

The treatment you are referring to has been used successfully in Australia. The article I read referred to the reluctance of those afflicted to try this treatment and that testing alternative means of administering the flora needed to restore normal digestive function was underway.

However, it is probable the cure is better than a continuation of the problem.

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 92.40.249.85
Posted on Monday, 11 May, 2015 - 00:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have read up the subject and its done with gas and air for the patient (victim) and done in the least icky way.

If it saves having surgery then it's a good idea.

I do not take surgery lightly because cuting a colon to fit a bag does have risks.

The colon goes from the end of the intestines up the right side across and then down the left side. Ascending colon traverse colon descending colon and then tht Sigmond colon which connects to the rusty star. Depending on where the damage starts is where the bag is put leaving the damaged bit time to rest and heal. Then reverse it. The opening in the front Abdomen is called a Stoma and you get a Stoma nurse to explain how to change bags.

This bag is I suspose just as Icky.

I shall mention it to my Doctor.

Colitis when active really dominates you. I live in my lounge, 18 steps to the wet room and toilet. However I make an effort to tidy up and clean the lounge. Everyday I play guitar. I have a routine which I like. Helpfully mates come round for a music jam and a chat. More talking and tea than music. I have to drink lots of fluids. I drink protein rich milkshakes. Hopefully soon the colitis will settle.

The medics call my colitis undetermined colitis. At my last hospital holiday a doctor said that the colitis can stop and lay dormant for years. He says in his opinion I may not have colitis but something doctors don't understand. Which I guess undetermined colitis is really a term for something not understood in the colon. If true this is very good news.

I am getting physically fitter and lift things like a gallon of water with ease.

So well on the mend.

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 381
Posted on Tuesday, 12 May, 2015 - 00:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

on the mend=GREAT!
Keep posting!

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 188.29.164.118
Posted on Tuesday, 12 May, 2015 - 05:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Today I had to take a laxative ready for the bum camera tomorrow. Unfortunately it has lowered my blood pressure so I can't take the second dose. The medics have cancelled the bum camera.

However I forgot the zimmer frame and started wandering around before I noticed.
So progress dispite the Picolax laxative.

I have modified my wet room shower. I can have a pipe only which is good for ( can't put it politely) washing me lower regions without getting completely wet. Thus I dry quicker. My mates have got use to me playing guitar with just a nappy and tea shirt on. The medics call nappys pads. How polite.

I find writing these postings helps me keep it together.

Today I was playing louie louie by The Kingsmen. The leader of the Kingsmen recently passed 71 years old. So gave some welly and run the amp on 11. (SPINAL TAP)
The amp is a Fender Mustang 2 12" cone and 50 watts rms music power. These watts are the proper loud ones. Louie louie is the sort of groove that drives it's self to be played loud. The amp is a modelling amp meaning I can make an infinite amount of different sounds. This tune is a 3 chord trick. I tune to open G tuning. I use left hand, right hand and plectrum damping. This gives a percussive sound.
The solo in middle went a bit wrong my mate thought I was playing Hava Nigela.

So a mixed day.

David Gore

Post Number: 1606
Posted on Tuesday, 12 May, 2015 - 09:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Bob,

Nothing soothes the soul like good music played loud - hope you have neighbours with similar music tastes to you and your mates. I liked the reference to "these watts are the proper loud ones", I use the RMS watts at 0.1% THD specification as the guide to amplifier quality - I have two Pioneer SX850 tuner amps from the late 1970's and their weight alone gives an idea of the transformer in the unit to handle the power demands for a sudden transition from a quiet note to a pipe organ in full cry at the hands of a master organist through speakers capable of handling the power from the amplifier.

Put on a good piece of music and my hand automatically reaches for the volume control especially if SWMBO is away........ Guitar groups especially from the surf era of the 1960's and Mike Oldfield from the 1980's are particular favourites of mine.

Good luck with the colonoscopy results.

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 188.29.164.118
Posted on Tuesday, 12 May, 2015 - 10:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I had the camera before and they just gave me an enema so I shall suggest that.

I have found that high fibre is a problem.
So I avoid certain vegetables and make sure they are well cooked. Vegetable canned soup works well.

There's a guy near me who has a Hammond tone wheel organ and revolve Leslie speakers. The organ is 'king loud. The Leslie amps in side the cabinets are marked 60 watts but I reckon double in reality.

My amp is rated at 50 rms which is 70% of peak. Thats loud in house. My neighbours never complain. I pick the time carefully like Wednesday afternoon till 4.

The big booster amps I see in cars seem to exaggerate their power. I heard one flat out and it was meant to be 700 watts. No way was it 700 watts.

In the 1970s the rock bands got into competition over who was the loudest.

Motorhead 132000 watts. The band could be heard 6 miles away. Now they wear ear plugs with small speakers inbeded.

Status Quo are next up. The masters of the 3rd chord 12 bar boogie shuffle. They sometimes use up to 6 chords. Easy to play differcult to write.

I have a recording of Rodigos. Concerto d aranjuiz. Or orange juice in brass band speak. The cornet solo is about the best I have heard. I like it a lot.

Bob Reynolds
Prolific User
Username: bobreynolds

Post Number: 252
Posted on Wednesday, 13 May, 2015 - 08:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"Motorhead 132,000 watts. The band could be heard 6 miles away. Now they wear ear plugs with small speakers inbeded."

Hearing aids, more like.

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 188.29.165.92
Posted on Wednesday, 13 May, 2015 - 08:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A lot of performers in this field of entertainment have hearing problems.

I have been lucky and my hearing is quite good.

Imagine a 4 hour set at that volume.
After wards the ears will be ringing for hours.

This happened to me once with a mad welsh rock and roll band, they were so loud.Excellent band though.

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, 13 May, 2015 - 05:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dave,
On youtube is mike oldfield doing william tell finale. It quite good and different.

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, 13 May, 2015 - 05:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Much better today. Frequent visits to the loo but no pains.

The NHS web site suggests fasting for 24 hours to give the colon a rest.

I am going to try that.

David Gore

Post Number: 1607
Posted on Wednesday, 13 May, 2015 - 19:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"Dave, On youtube is mike oldfield doing william tell finale. It quite good and different."

I have this on one of my Mike Oldfield CD's also his electronic version of The Shadows "Wonderful Land" - this is on YouTube as well:

https://youtu.be/n52QjAI306A

And fond memories of top-down drives in the Corniche on balmy summer evenings with this song on the car stereo; the title says everything:

https://youtu.be/sWmBcJRxrrA

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 188.29.165.85
Posted on Thursday, 14 May, 2015 - 09:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The you tube version has a video of mike playing every instrument In tell overture.

I like the tempo. I sometimes play the tell slower to get good note voicing and it sounds quite good.

While jamming today playing loiue loiue I altered the main riff. Normally I play the riff on two strings together, instead I play the two strings separately in triplets. It sounds quite good the riff is still loiue.

Again on 11 but with fuzz. Then play the strings together but hit them hard which causes the fuzz to avalanche. Grunge style.

Moonlight Sonata bach not glen miller.
Sounds good played on electric guitar in hank Marvin style with a bit of jeff beck thrown in.

Moonlight Shadow.

Robert Johnson.
He was probably the best guitarist ever. The story goes that he auditioned as guitarist and got turned down as not good enough. So he went to the cross roads and sold his soul to the devil in exchange for amazing guitar skill.

The truth is he practiced for a year and got good.

Still a nice music legend.

Even today poeple like eric clapton say they can't work out how he used to play.

When tracing history of rock and roll and blues it stops with Robert Johnson.

My take is that before Robert Johnson was ragtime. Early Johnson stuff has elements of rag time in it.

My grandson is on You tube Murkerz. Best tracks are skyfall and gallows.

I am quite proud of him.