Start New Thread Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Start New Thread « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 376
Posted on Saturday, 02 May, 2015 - 08:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I wonder if it is an anomaly of my computer that I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of a topic to find the "start new thread" function?
This would be more handy at the top of the page. For some of the topics it is quite a long scroll.
Suggestion not complaint; I cannot complain about something like this Forum which I so thoroughly enjoy.

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 188.29.164.172
Posted on Saturday, 02 May, 2015 - 08:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It would be handy. Good idea.

(Message approved by david_gore)

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1593
Posted on Saturday, 02 May, 2015 - 11:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As I have mentioned previously, our Administrator is evaluating a change to the Forum software. The current software is "an oldie but a goodie" which has served us well but doesn't have the capabilities of more modern software.

This is a "work in progress" as one of the objectives is to be able to access the Forum archives created by the current software as these are often referred to when responding to requests that have been covered previously.

"Hasten slowly" to "get it right" first time is imperative and the changeover will happen when the replacement software has been thoroughly tested and proved to reliably meet our requirements with appropriate levels of security.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Prolific User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 249
Posted on Saturday, 02 May, 2015 - 11:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A girl called Mellisa is being paid 44 million USD this year for the good CEO job of Yahoo. I am not impressed. I have a yahoo account. It has worked okay for years. Now some fool of a software programmer has got into this young girls ear and frankly I am not impressed with the results. I won't go into it but if you are an old sock like me I doubt that you would be impressed either. I would be loath to change anything on this forum. I once wrote a screed about Camargues and derivatives and many had a imput that was conservative and I see their point and now agree with them.

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 377
Posted on Saturday, 02 May, 2015 - 12:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I too like the forum. I did not mean to begin a huge project.
I see the constant changes in the many software apps at the office and I have "negative opinions" about them. Almost never is there an improvement; not only do you have to relearn just to get the day's work done, but there are so many glitches that it shuts everything down a lot of the time. Our workplace is getting so complex no one can keep up, and the complexity is in the "tools" which are offered up to "make things easier", but easier for who? People selling software?