Dia morphine and mediation Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Dia morphine and mediation « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 92.40.249.101
Posted on Friday, 03 April, 2015 - 09:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have been prescribed morphine. 5mil every 4 hours when it hurts to much.

Before I try meditation which sometimes works on its own.

I got a lecture on tbe dangers so my wife issues a dose and logs it for the doctor.
The morphine makes me go half asleep and the pain fades. Very addictive.

Morphine is a very cheap drug. The one i take is pharmacist grade. What causes problems for addicts is the drug is injected and the chemicals that have been added. I take mine orally and its pure. Its still addictive hence the log book, that and the danger of taking too much.

Heroin is the trade name for dia morphine.

Weird dreams on morphine.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Prolific User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 198
Posted on Saturday, 04 April, 2015 - 02:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I would rather take the morphine than the pain. In anycase, I have been assured by many hardened intravenious drug users that nicotine if far harder to kick than heroin. And you definitely get very weird dreams on nicotine patches.

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 92.40.249.112
Posted on Saturday, 04 April, 2015 - 07:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm not worried too much about getting addicted because of the careful monitoring and i have been told that heroin addicts who only use pharmaceutical grade last for years. I havent got an addictive personality.
I have met poeple who are addicted to drugs drink or even gambling, they kick the bad habit then replace it with another.
I am on morphine as i write this.

The weird dreams are fun.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 268
Posted on Saturday, 04 April, 2015 - 08:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Bob it was the gambling that did it for me horse racing to be exact when I was in my late teens and early twenties my wife of nearly 50 years at that time was my girl friend used to have to sub me when I had lost my wages which was a very regular event thank goodness I was able to stop now the only habit I have is having too many four wheeled friends stay well Bob and get better soon.

Richard.

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 786
Posted on Saturday, 04 April, 2015 - 20:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Now that NICE has acknowledged that paracetamol and/or codeine have no appreciable effect on arthritic pain - something I could have told them decades ago - what are we osteo-arthritics going to prescribed? In the past I've had a little go with Oramorph which wasn't bad and gave me no detectible side effects, but my GP is reluctant to prescribe it on a regular basis. I can get the paracetamol/codeine regime to work, but only by washing them down with significantly strong alcoholic drinks. Even then I have limit my consumption due to the resulting constipation being more painful than the pain from the O/A. As in: I don't recall swallowing a bowling ball lately!!!

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 92.40.249.171
Posted on Sunday, 05 April, 2015 - 06:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

In the last few weeks of my dad's life he took up drinking lots of rum. A nurse said that alcohol was bad. But my dad said I am dying so what does it matter.

Paracetamol and codeine work ok sometimes and avoid as much as possible because of the bunged up feeling.

Oramorph soumds like something that is morphine based.

The stuff i take is a clear sweet thick liquid. I dont get any side effects apart from weird dreams.
When i had my hips replaced i had morphine which was controlled by a machine which pumped the stuff into my arm. This obviously cant be done at home.
Richard,
your wife saved you from gambling your life away. Look after her.