Females in the Forum Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Females in the Forum « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Frequent User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 66
Posted on Wednesday, 07 January, 2015 - 17:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Where are the females in the forum ? I have not seen one of them. I have a new Russian wife arriving at some time who speaks three languages fluently and one of them is English on top of her having a Phd. I'm concerned the Camargue reconditioning budget may come under severe soviet attack and I could well do with a portfolio of lies etc in order to get the car back on the road.

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, 08 January, 2015 - 07:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Open up a secret bank account and pay for the bits with it.

Buy the cheap bits and leave the bills lying around. Hide the expensive ones behind the Camargue door cards.

My method is to make her walk because the car doesn't go until I buy bits.

At the moment my RR is in my workshop having a big big service. My plan is to break my jeep enough to make it not go. And then magical appear with my RR. Then plug the coil wires back in the jeep and sell it.

As a replacement for the jeep which she likes I shall get a 245 Volvo which she hates that way I get to use my RR more.

At the moment my RR is insured fully comp only while it's on my property. To insure for the road is another £250, she likes the saving.

The flaw is that she has never been in a Volvo 245, I suspect once in it she will realise what good cars they are.

The other flaw is that she knows how to fix cars.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1503
Posted on Thursday, 08 January, 2015 - 11:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob, you chose well but at a price.........

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, 09 January, 2015 - 06:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I got the jeep in 2006. I tried at the time to get a 245 but she likes the "cute" shape of the jeep.
She sees a 245 as a horrible looking lump.
A 245 as a second car is a very sensible choice. Best engine is the 2.3 4 cylinder petrol.

The money price is £2000 for a sound car.

The any thing for a quiet life price is lots more.

Frequent User

Post Number: 72
Posted on Friday, 09 January, 2015 - 08:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob Jeeps in Australia do not have good names after the 1970s. Lot of couples have bought these Mexican manufactured things and they have a pathological propensity to disintergrate their pistons in outback Australia, yes in the middle of nowhere even though they have been well maintained. The metal on the pistons is far too thin for sustained high speed highway travel and the more polite ones throw the con rod right through the block which I have always thought was a good look for them. I think Jeep has made a good effort in attempting to make and sell something that is even shabbier than the asian disposal transport. Jeep spends millions here on extremely well presented TV propaganda that even Stalin would be proud of. Indeed I don't know of anybody who has bought a Jeep again after the experience. Bob, the main use of the jeep is when you have a woman who is driving you nuts, you send her on a long drive after removing the drinking water from the car that is the drinking water for her not the jeep. The combination of the engine going bang, together with the absence of drinking water along with the errie remoteness of outback Australia has a 95 per cent chance of winning any male/female argument and or getting you stabbed if she survives, which of course she will even though the Jeep probably won't.

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, 10 January, 2015 - 05:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The Cherokee XJ is a badly built bit of tat. The bonnet has a 1/2 gap at the front I can see the nuts on the panel beneath.

The top hinge on the left front door broke away from the post. The roof lining is sagging. The switches are not definite click wise. The dash board top is distorted and getting worse. The glove box lid jams. The rear leg room is tight. The boot space is small and made smaller by a spare wheel. The brake pedal feels like a cow pat.

Apart from that it actually drives quite nice.

Frequent User

Post Number: 76
Posted on Sunday, 11 January, 2015 - 11:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ah yes there no doubt about it. The RR Forum is an exclusive mens club. I going out to get myself a tweed cap and a smoking pipe and moving the lap top onto a special bench over one of the large lounge chairs I have, so that I can imagine that somehow I have been transplanted in some nice English situation. Surrey looks nice Brighton looks better but I can't imagine anything could out do the English countryside in spring. And oh yay I await the snarling at the door of the I cut the hairs on my legs with a chain saw brigade. No gentlemen absolutely nothing regardless of the bait laid. Women just love to ride in RR/B. They just love it and I did hear many years ago of a biker whose wife would drive the Shadow while he rode his Harley - yes they would go shopping together but travel apart. Perhaps they were having a tiff. The female species appears to have a fetish for small Asian death traps. Economy they tout, oh its so cute they pout but when it hits something bigger quite a mess is the usual result. Why don't they put on the overhauls and try their hand at a service if not a service a full blown overhaul. And I am certain I will see ruffled feathers and perhaps a squark when I say no dear you can't drive the Camargue, but you have the Cadillac or the Jaguar. Howls of in equality will be heard, for that I have no doubt. But who knows maybe there is a female RR/B enthusiast 80k out of Montevideo Uraguay or some other interesting place like that who is just waiting with a library of equal opportunity tracts to attack. Stranger things have happened.

Mark Aldridge
Prolific User
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 188
Posted on Sunday, 11 January, 2015 - 11:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The simple answer is to sell your wifes car and replace it with a RR or Bentley ! I sold Jackie's Mercedes in 2005 and replaced it with a Bentley8. I have had no requests for a change of car since; and no complaints about spending time or money on my cars. all I have to do is look after her Bentley as well. Money well spent.

Mark

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 596
Posted on Sunday, 11 January, 2015 - 13:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I bet she looks really cool in the Bentley.

Geoff

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 748
Posted on Sunday, 11 January, 2015 - 23:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just get your new(?) wife a Harley. I hear the stronger sex (according to them) have an affinity to having something huge and throbbing between their thighs. Can't think why.

Bob Reynolds
Prolific User
Username: bobreynolds

Post Number: 217
Posted on Monday, 12 January, 2015 - 00:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

First I've heard of it.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 247
Posted on Monday, 12 January, 2015 - 06:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all I was just wondering what the Ladies reading these pages would think of some of the above comments and if any of them would have the nerve to come on and ask you what exactly do you mean.

Cheers.

Ps Ok Ladies don't be shy.

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.84
Posted on Monday, 12 January, 2015 - 05:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My wife is also my best mate. She likes in general what I like. Except Volvo 245s. She likes Marilyn Manson which I can't stand.

I have also found out that the Volvo 164 is available as a 165 but are rare. The 164 has a 3 litre straight six OHV engine which is a real smoothie.
The 265 is a 90deg V6 which was a V8. This engine is a waste of space. Also I like the Merc W123 est 2.3 4 pot petrol. But everyone I have seen is rusty and overpriced.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 749
Posted on Monday, 12 January, 2015 - 09:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob Reynolds: Have you been listening to 'her indoors' rather than just hearing "Blah, periods, blah, are you listening to me? blah, shopping"?