Track Day Anyone? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Non-RROCA News and Events » Track Day Anyone? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michel Malik
New User
Username: michel

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, 22 October, 2008 - 16:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The members of TopKlasse.net.au have decided to have a track day to 'test' their cars LEGALLY on the track rather than on the street.

I have been asked to help in finding a suitable venue and I am pleased to have been able to secure Oran Park Raceway (SYDNEY) on SUNDAY the 16th of November.

The event will be held on the "SOUTH CIRCUIT" and involves drivers to turn up in a street 'registered vehicle'.
The driver has to have 'shoes, long sleeve shirts and pants.'
A helmet is mandatory and seat belts (if fitted to the car)

If the car is Not registered, then it must be scrutinised by an official.

The cost is $200 per driver includes day CAMS license and morning/afternoon tea/refreshements.
The driving will be between 9-4

I mentionned this at the last RROC Meeting and had a favourable response with a few members definite participants.

I am wondering if anyone here might be interested.
Please email me at michel567@yahoo.fr if interested.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Brian Crump
Experienced User
Username: brian_crump

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, 29 October, 2008 - 16:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This promises to be an excellent day Michel - and I understand there will be a collection of Rolls-Royce and Bentley cars there. I am taking my Spirit for a calm but quick drive around the track - no heroics - just the opportunity to see how well she will handle a little extra speed in a safe environment. Hopefully, other will join us. The RROCA (NSW Branch) has passed it as a approved event so it will be possible to take a car on Historic Registration.
Regards,
Brian Crump

Michel Malik
New User
Username: michel

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, 30 October, 2008 - 10:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Nice to know you'll be participating Brian.
I also believe a few members from the RROC in Sydney have said they will be there..

The entry forms will be posted on the www.topklasse.net.au site by today.

See you there

Michel

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: