Wanted R Type/ silver Dawn bucket sea... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Wanted R Type/ silver Dawn bucket seat or seat « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Danny Alessi
New User
Username: royaltyw

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, 10 December, 2022 - 09:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi, thanks for the add, I have just started leaning upholstery and have descided to dedicate to reupholstering my 1955 silver Dawn.
I have spent a year at a tafe upholstery coarse, so I have learned a little.

Wondering if anyone has seats for Silver Dawn/ R Type / pretty sure mk6 as well front and back, condition doesn’t matter, but prefer complete, but again, anything to get me started, even one seat will help, anything.

Appreciate the help.

I am located in Sydney.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Edward Shoesmith
New User
Username: younghenri

Post Number: 30
Posted on Sunday, 18 December, 2022 - 15:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Danny

Contact Julian Robinson in Melb, he has a few cars he parts out on a regular basis - might have some seats

his FB profile is

https://www.facebook.com/julian.robinson.564

NormanGeeson
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 81.99.74.184
Posted on Monday, 02 January, 2023 - 21:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Danny

Be warned all the following seats are different and you need to be sure you have the correct seats as a base.

For instance a 1955 Silver Dawn will normally have seats that accommodate the under seat tool tray. Not only that but the seat mountings, seat sliders and brackets are all different on the 1955 and all those below.

RHD and LHD Bentley MKVI/ Short boot Dawn are different.

RHD and LHD Bentley R Type /Long boot Dawn are different.

RHD and LHD Bentley R Type /Long boot Dawn Manual and Automatic are different.

Cars with dash board mounted tool kits and those with under seat tool kits are different.

Cars with under seat tool kits, when the tool kit is mounted under the passenger seat are different.

Some cars have bespoke seats and even hydraulic operation, these are obviously different.

If you use seats other than the originals you would be well advised to buy ALL the mountings and seat slides with the seats.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: