Wing Mirrors - Convex - MkVI, R-Type ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » Wing Mirrors - Convex - MkVI, R-Type and Others « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2317
Posted on Friday, 20 May, 2011 - 15:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

These mirrors will suit various cars up to the Silver Cloud/S. This is a brand new special convex mirror not normally available since the 1970s, and is of outstanding quality. The pattern is stubby motorcycle, the style I have always preferred on my car. However, the stalk may readily be shortened to a straight shape and a new thread cut if desired. The lens is fully adjustable without moving the stalk. We have had convex wing mirrors on the R-Type since the 1960s and I was very fortunate to find the replacements as the old ones have pitted chromework. I have driven cars with flat and convex wing mirrors, and personally find only the convex ones to be good. I have found a source for these mirrors and am prepared to sell them at cost. They come complete with a mounting kit including brightwork, a domed nut, a plain stainless steel nut, a stainless steel Nylock nut, a rubber insulating washer for the painted surface of the wing, minor brightwork dress rings and a spacer, and a stainless steel finishing washer. The thread is UNF.

Price is $40 each or $70 for a pair plus shipping (approx. $10 in Australia). B-Pay or bank transfer accepted. Please contact me by the Forum private message service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2355
Posted on Tuesday, 21 June, 2011 - 20:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There are still a few pairs left before I stash them away !

RT.