WARNING Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » WARNING « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 239
Posted on Thursday, 29 July, 2021 - 07:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I posted a few weeks I wanted a 3rd brake light assembly for a Corniche!

I have had no luck, BUT I have had 12 scammers who have emailed me to say they have one. They ALWAYS send a "stock" picture from the web. When I ask for additional pics, they never send any (because they do NOT have the part)!

This is a reminder to everyone! ALWAYS ask for specific pics BEFORE sending any funds!

Richard

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3975
Posted on Thursday, 29 July, 2021 - 09:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Richard, a timely warning for all.

Trevor Hodgekinson
Frequent User
Username: wm20

Post Number: 248
Posted on Thursday, 29 July, 2021 - 11:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I a similar vein, when buying of ebay always check the "other items" link.
have a look at what else they are selling and in particular the backgrounds of the photos.
I play with BSA motorcycles & we have identified a lot of scammers by doing this where they are selling several bikes but every bike is photographed at a different house showing that they had simply been lifted from other sites.
Face book market place seems to be the popular source so if you do sell via that medium put some thing in your photos so they can be recognised as being yours ( wtermarks don't work as there are dozens of routines written to remove watermarks ) .

Mark Luft
Frequent User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 332
Posted on Saturday, 31 July, 2021 - 05:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Trevor,

I thought you might get a smile from my BSA. Not too many left it seems. Wish I could still ride her, but health won't let me.

http://www.rcycle.com/1969BSARocketIII.html

This was right after I had her up and running.

Trevor Hodgekinson
Frequent User

Post Number: 249
Posted on Saturday, 31 July, 2021 - 13:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A rather tidy A 75 resplendent with ray guns & breadbox.
Not a big fan of the ugly step sister by marriage being that it was really a Triumph from day 1
Not all that uncommon down here the TR3OC usually get a hundred or so at their annual rally.
And even better most are actually ridden to there.
If I can find the concourse wide angle shot of the BSA international at Halls Gap in 2018 you might be blown away by the line up of breadbox, round tank & Hurricanes.
Sorry to hear that riding is now beyond you.I have been off my bikes for 2 years due to RA and was totally lost but hopefully that is behind me for the next 15 years or so .
OTOH they were a handfull for fit young 18 year olds in their day.
It frightens me a bit to think that most commuter bikes now days are 1/2 the weight & twice the Hp.
Thanks for the link, really enjoyed it.
Not sure if you face ache or how many images are on the page but these were just the red ones. Down the far end is the blue & green ones then there was another line for the "beauty kit" models and of course the Vetter Hurricanes.
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10161477684970657&set=a.10152048048165657&type=3&eid=ARA5U15cvJoe6C7KoBjd4ateLj1WrYrL-heCDHHfZeqN_gZkN_UzybHWR5_UKeQByi2tulY9dDgIrZBm&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARDl8XpaQ1NvbYrYAT3QG_jo1PxwRe0YJHuHJTJI-z496tcryHzuxo5MkVWTPBoQ8_fNjYttdvuoI4Yi9dUJYTqGXbzLBi5Jgbzx7XKFEVe2bqSXK5hX8RvhqAgl5nlBEl_RUs6xd17CSnm20cPkM_LIaztnq4-fGL9Ase0333_Mx6jF-ts4B8dHPSfjRXVCvCMshY3jAM-CdlzPcpo_wCSZsAuvwspp5FUQXjdpBDVf07koUg-mwy9Q4WJ_A-QPjAWXb_F-Y5yrJTyKLRZUVPLFEvrQ4WQz-bUFTHgj4D4SnoH3zVE&__tn__=EEHH-R

Mark Luft
Frequent User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 333
Posted on Tuesday, 03 August, 2021 - 04:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

WOW!! So many at one place. When I used to go to shows there would only be mine and maybe one other. Love the Hurricanes.

Trevor Hodgekinson
Frequent User

Post Number: 250
Posted on Tuesday, 03 August, 2021 - 16:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Up untill around 2000 australia had the highest percentage of home owners in the OECD.
We also tended to live in stand alone houses with a good garage
So old bikes got pushed down the back.
Not going to happen any more now that we have decided to live in 2 storey 40+ squares dog kennels on 400 meter blocks.

Glad you enjoyed the pickies it was a grand event
The interntional returns to OZ in 2023 but I doubt we will have covid under control by then

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: