1988 Silver Spirit Fuel Tank for Sale Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » 1988 Silver Spirit Fuel Tank for Sale « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Justin Brooker
Yet to post message
Username: jbrooker1990

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, 27 March, 2020 - 08:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have had my 1988 Silver Spirit converted to gas and now have a petrol tank that is now surplus to requirements.

I am in Melbourne if anyone is interested.

Asking price is $500.00.

David Balfour
Experienced User
Username: sidchrome

Post Number: 196
Posted on Friday, 27 March, 2020 - 09:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Justin, I hope you won't mind me commenting, I certainly mean no offence. Obviously I don't know your situation, but I urge you to re-consider selling the original petrol tank from you Silver Spirit. An enthusiast car like a Spirit is less valuable modified than standard to most people, and much less valuable if the original petrol tank is no longer with the car. Even if you could find somebody to pay $500, the likelihood is that the car would be worth thousands of dollars less and much harder to sell if you no longer have it. And finding another later might prove a very difficult task indeed for the next custodian. The same applies to so many aspects of our cars that get modified over the years. Originality = Value, and the tank is a Rolls-Royce part so is unique. So many people changed out radios especially, in years gone by, for a better new one, and then later, others spend years longer trying to find an original replacement (like me). Fortunately radios of certain models were used in many brands of car, so can be found more readily. Fuel tanks not the case. Just wanted to provide another perspective, but obviously I respect your right to do what is right for you.

Glen Poolen
Frequent User
Username: wgipps

Post Number: 242
Posted on Friday, 27 March, 2020 - 12:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

have to agree with David.
My Shadow is modified but i have kept the original parts.
If i want to sell in the future, although the next person might not like what i have done, at least they will be able to change it back to original - and the associated cost that would go with that which will take away from the price you want to sell it at.
But - your car, your choice.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: