Silver Cloud I - NOS, Repro or same p... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » Silver Cloud I - NOS, Repro or same part from other vehicle « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Colin Silver
Experienced User
Username: colsilver

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, 12 June, 2009 - 20:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Always looking for parts to keep my Silver Cloud I prepped for the future, by temporarily replacing Hilda's parts from other Cloud parts or the same parts taken from other US and UK motor part makers that RR (Post War) drew on the expertise of others. As Bill said in Tee One 15 :-

I remember being quite uncomfortable at finding the distributor on my old Silver Dawn decorated with a Delco Remy label. The thought of an American fitting on the legendry car caused much upset in my mind. But that was jolted from the brain when I pulled out the gearbox and found a Ford clutch assembly bolted to the flywheel. Yes it was original.
Nowadays all cars are a chutney of contributions from various makers and component manufacturers and Rolls-Royce is no exception. (snip snip) It enables the Factory to draw on the expertise of others.