Book and interesting stories search. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » Book and interesting stories search. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stephen Lediard
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 195.93.60.41
Posted on Monday, 18 October, 2004 - 21:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Aussies. I've just been outbid on ebay for Jeanne Eve's book on Rallying in a Royal Rolls Royce. And,I was really looking forward to reading it. There's a very strong Aussie connection with this book, so, can anyone help? Also, has anyone got any unusual or interesting stories relating to RR's or B's; you know mad car chase through the desert etc. etc. Would be more than interested and grateful for feedback.
Thanks.

Stephen, you can contact Jeanne direct through this Forum; just go to the CONTACT button on the LHS of the screen and you can send an email to Jeanne.

(Message edited by david_gore on October 19, 2004)

(Message approved by david_gore)

John Dickinson
Frequent User
Username: au2018

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, 21 October, 2004 - 10:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Stephen,

Jeanne's marvellous book is available on this, the RROC(A) website, by following this link:

http://www.rroc.org.au/nsw/rrrr.html

Jeanne Eve
Username: jeve

Post Number: 72
Posted on Thursday, 21 October, 2004 - 10:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Stephen,
Wow! My book on ebay - now I want to know what it sold for!Thanks John for the feedback - perhaps you can be my publicity agent!! Just joking. Being a self publisher I still have a few in my cupboard for sale and would be delighted to give you details and write any personal messages for you too!With the centenary Peking to Paris being run again in 2007, there has been renewed interest. Easiest way is to email me direct using Utilities on left side of this page, Contact and press Jeve. Or indeed through the website given above.
Kind regards, Jeanne.

Jeanne Eve
Username: jeve

Post Number: 73
Posted on Thursday, 21 October, 2004 - 10:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Stephen,
I am not sure which country you are living in, but perhaps it would be easier for you to order direct from Motorbooks,London in England. Recently they asked for some more so should be in stock. Can order online from them www.motorbooks.co.uk
Regards, Jeanne.

Margaret Gillings
Experienced User
Username: margaret

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, 27 October, 2004 - 08:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Stephen,
You will really enjoy reading Jeanne's book when you get a copy. It's hard to put down.
Have you looked at this site's Online Library? There a several good stories under the heading,"Epic Journeys". Cheers Margaret