Wanted coachbuilders plate Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » Wanted coachbuilders plate « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jan Bruijn
Yet to post message
Username: jan_bruijn

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, 22 August, 2010 - 23:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

We have in our collection a 1926 Phantom I, chassis number 9 YC with a touring body by Smith & Waddington, Australia. For this car we need urgently a coachbuilders plate/ doorsill. I would pay for either one or 4 reproductions. Who can help?

Jan Bruijn

Andre Blaize
Experienced User
Username: parkward

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, 23 August, 2010 - 02:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jan,
The original body on 9YC was by S&W, but the current one was made by Kellow-Falkiner in the late 1930s or early 1940s. (See the definitive book by Tom Clarke & David Neely "RR & B in the Sunburnt Country")

Jan Bruijn
New User
Username: jan_bruijn

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, 30 September, 2010 - 00:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Andre,

I know this was general believe, however in 2007 I was contacted by Ian Irwin who told me that Nicholas Lang at that time researching the australian Phantom I cars to write a book on the subject had found a photo of 9 YC showing its actual body by S&W, allthough with some small errors probably made during the restoration. Unfortunately I lost touch with Ian Irwin, his e-mail address changed or worse, as he promised to help me getting a door sill plate of S&W.