Rear "stone tray" for S1 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » Rear "stone tray" for S1 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Dare
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.138.194.13
Posted on Thursday, 22 April, 2004 - 20:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am in search of what is usually referred to on other cars and/or in the body repair trade as a "stone tray" or possibly "vallance" (in USED condition) being the metal shield/strip that fits (bolted?) between the lower rear section of the car body and the rear bumper thereby bridging/covering the gap where the bumper is clearanced from the body. I hope I have described properly for viewers I.D of this part. Sorry if terminology is not correct, as I am neither a world "authority" or "expert". Any e-mails please, to john.dares@bigpond or fax to 03 9 589 5982 with details of location/condition and price asked. Thank you

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 245
Posted on Tuesday, 27 April, 2004 - 13:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

John,

These are also known as "beaver panels" [can anyone explain why?]

DRH14434 is currently having this delicate area of its anatomy attended to by David Peterson and he is hand fabricating a replacement panel as this is not a difficult job and costs a lot less than purchasing a replacement body section.

John Dare
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.138.194.43
Posted on Thursday, 29 April, 2004 - 14:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you David. Yes..indeed; now you remind me of yet another name for this panel, ie "Beaver" panel, the relevence of which, escapes me also. However, I would be appreciative if you could kindly supply me with a point of contact for David Peterson so that I might enquire about this panel for an "S" series car. I suspect though, that he may need an original from which to copy, unless of course he already has a template etc.

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 138
Posted on Thursday, 29 April, 2004 - 14:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

John

Well here is another name which won't conflict with the ukase, its called a rear bumper fairing part number CS027 and was available (I have an old cattledog) and priced at GBP47.69. Available from Healey Bros email address experts@healeybros.co.uk.
Cheers

John Dare
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.138.194.152
Posted on Sunday, 02 May, 2004 - 11:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Bill, and now we have the word "fairing" thrown in. I will follow up Healey Bros., be it a "stone tray"/"vallance"/"beaver panel" or "fairing". None sound quite as daunting as a Ukase and certainly not as darkly threatening, given that the launch controller at mission control, remains hidden and anonymous!. I am still looking for the duct.

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 143
Posted on Sunday, 02 May, 2004 - 14:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ah beaver panel - it comes to me! Not being a student of beavers I had a look at a picture of one and there out of the back end is this extraordinary 'tail' the size of a ping pong bat. Must be Hell going through swinging doors. Take the bumper off the Cloud and you have a similar protuberance. Incidentally while on the subject of useless etymology are you aware of the origin of the word manifold? Apparently derives from an old English term referring to a cow's stomach which as everyone knows has a number of entries and exits to cope with cud chewing. I will go back to scrubbing tyres!!!