Rolls or bentley wanted....ANYTHING c... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » Rolls or bentley wanted....ANYTHING considered!! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Marek Pruszynski
Experienced User
Username: marek

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, 13 February, 2007 - 22:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello there everyone!
Before I get swamped with so many offers, I must apologize for being so vague...but I really will consider almost anything, a "restorer" or a prisine example, as I'm having Rolls withdrawal symptoms. Since my arrival in this beautiful country 6 months ago (you may remember my posting under this section previously when I was trying to sell both my Shadows in the USA prior to my leaving), I have been very dissapointed with the quality of the vehicles I have seen here so far, and regret that I didn't heed David Gore's advice and ship at least one of my cars over. It would have been worth the hassle.
I've sort of settled on the beautiful Gold Coast, but am willing to travel pretty well any distance to view a promising vehicle. So far I've seen some horrors that the owners have been demanding astonishing money for...one reasonably close by here that was a rusty heap and the seller thought I was insane to suggest that the regular DOT brake fluid that his "expert mechanic" had used in "rebuilding" the hydraulics with was in fact incorrect. I've seen others on Ebay that have been mutilated, have extraterrestrial price tags, or claims to have had quarter of a million dollars or so spent on them without evidence, or the owner's expecting me to buy from a teeny photo with no descriptions or answers to my questions.
Come on you Aussie guys, you're are great, friendly bunch, and I'm sure someone out there has one to sell me at a fair price and is not just looking to "pull my arms out"?
IF all fails, I'm considering to buy from abroad, so if anyone in the UK (or a RHD model from US for that matter) has a nice rust free pre '88 (I believe I'm correct for importation?), I'd be interested. A Turbo R would be just the ticket, but Shadow, Spur/Spirit or even Cloud considered.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Glad to be "downunder" again (except for lack of a "proper" car!)
Marek
Please email RollsRoyceMotorCar@yahoo.com
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 700
Posted on Thursday, 15 February, 2007 - 13:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Marek,

All is not lost - you have just been looking in the last refuge for "shonkies and scoundrels" [internet sales??] and non-club member sales.

I suggest you join the Qld Branch of the RROC[Aust] post haste and come to the Federal Rally on the Sunshine Coast in May. Here you will meet a lot of like-minded people but more importantly learn of cars that are available for purchase that are worth considering as their history and condition will be known.

Hope to meet you there.

Regards David