Wanted - oil filter bowl Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » Wanted - oil filter bowl « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Taxis
Experienced User
Username: mark_taxis

Post Number: 43
Posted on Wednesday, 13 October, 2010 - 09:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi
I am looking for a filter bowl for a 6 bolt oil filter for a Mk 6 Four and half litre engine
Rgds
Mark

NORMAN GEESON
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 81.98.139.177
Posted on Monday, 18 October, 2010 - 03:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark

Buy a spin on oil filter kit for the six bolt type MKVI oil filter from FLEXOLITE and you will not need that bowl. Advantage, the filters will be much, much cheaper and the filterage much finer.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Martin Cutler
Prolific User
Username: martin_cutler

Post Number: 160
Posted on Wednesday, 03 November, 2010 - 19:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Mark,

I have a bowl off 256MD, as I have converted it to a Z9 filter, if it is any use to you, but I would go with the advice of Norman, and fit the adapter. The time taken to change the filter alone is worth it. You can have the bowl for the postage cost if you like. email me if it is required.

Cheers

Marty
martincutler "at" optusnet.com.au

Mark Taxis
Experienced User
Username: mark_taxis

Post Number: 44
Posted on Sunday, 05 December, 2010 - 11:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi
Many thanks for the replies, i think i will go for the spin on oil filter kit. Does anyone know where i cna purchase one of these kits
Thanks
Mark