Passenger side door mirror Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » Passenger side door mirror « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Barry Brears
Experienced User
Username: turney_2009

Post Number: 45
Posted on Monday, 23 August, 2010 - 16:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi,I'm looking for a passenger side door mirror for my T1 Bentley SBH 17291.

Barry

Barry Brears
Experienced User
Username: turney_2009

Post Number: 47
Posted on Sunday, 29 August, 2010 - 12:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi,Thanks for looking everyone I have been able to locate a mirror a little on the expensive side but there you are its only money (if you have it).
Barry

Jeffrey McCarthy
Prolific User
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 238
Posted on Sunday, 21 November, 2010 - 06:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If anyone is currently looking for a nearside (left) mirror for a Shadow series one there is one currently being auctioned here:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330498798755&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Jan Forrest
Prolific User
Username: got_one

Post Number: 175
Posted on Monday, 13 December, 2010 - 22:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

From what I understand the mirrors as fitted to early Jaguar XJ6s is virtually the same as the driver's side one on Ts and Shadows with the advantages that they are larger and even the passenger side one can be adjusted from inside the car. Obviously it would be necessary to bore a hole in the 'other' door capping to accommodate the internal adjuster making it non-standard, but I think it's a small price to pay to be able to see better down that side of the car.
I bought a pair several months ago and, as soon as the weather warms up a little, I'll be fitting them.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 703
Posted on Monday, 13 December, 2010 - 22:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The top is the same but the door is completely the wrong angle on the Jags.

Jan Forrest
Prolific User
Username: got_one

Post Number: 176
Posted on Monday, 13 December, 2010 - 22:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As I said: I haven't got around to fitting them yet, but the ones I've got have wide range of basic positioning of the head unit as well as rotation of the mirror.

George Constantine
Experienced User
Username: theo

Post Number: 14
Posted on Saturday, 17 May, 2014 - 06:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Like Paul said, the angle on the base of the jag mirror will not fit flush, as the Rolls door panel is the wrong angle? I bought one for my Corniche but it didt'n fit.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1203
Posted on Monday, 19 May, 2014 - 18:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There are models that fit but as far as I am aware the base is held on with two exposed cross head screws :-(

The control inside has a large chrome surround and two knobs.

I guess it's a matter of taste - but the old axiom stands, quality is remembered long after the cost is forgotten.

Every time you walk up to your pride and joy and see the wrong mirror bolted to it . .. :-(

Just my humble opinion.

Here are some photos I took recently.

correct

correct

Jag

Jag

jag