FS : 1988 Turbo R Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » FS : 1988 Turbo R « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andy Torkington
Experienced User
Username: andytork

Post Number: 22
Posted on Monday, 22 July, 2013 - 09:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

FOR SALE 1988 Bentley Turbo R

paint : Finished in Balmoral Green (similar to british racing green) - Very good condition, just spent $6000 on removing any dents, touching up paint etc. No rust bubbles etc

Interior : parchment leather with green piping, has rear tables and drinks cabinets with crystal decanters and glasses, one glass missing.
No damage to leather, has normal wear on drivers seat, could be treated easily.
Wood in great condition, one chip in rear door cap where it looks like a seatbelt or something could have have hit it. Should be easy to repair

Floor shift convesion
Unmarked 17" RT wheels with new tyres from last year (80% tread left) - These are around $4000 per set

This is a UK import car (around 3 years ago). 127,000 Miles - had considerable work done in UK before export, has lots of bills to prove.

I have owned the car 18 months and have done the following (and probably a lot more I have forgotten)

Last year spent around $9000 at chapmans having turbo / ignition system overhauled and a few suspension bits etc. This included a full recondition of the turbo.

Also had a full transmission service, new oil, filter etc.

Also had the following since I have owened it
Rear CV boots replaced
Read shock hydraulic return lines replaced

JVC class B Amp, Focal speakes and double din head unit (GPS / Bluetooth etc) - Still needs a little bit of leather to complete the conversion around the head unit (will try and source this sometime later this week). has a condensor style whine, probably has the noise filter backwards !

Had around $1200 spent on aircon last year at Bold Auto elec (Ringwood). New TX valve, one hose , receiver etc.

Rear windows don't work from the switches on the doors, they work from the drivers panel. I assume the person who did the floorshift conversion didn't pushed the inhibitor switch when they hid it under the console. I removed a microswitch from a rear door and the switch appeared to be good.

Had a 5000k service & coolant change last week and had the Brake Accumulators replaced, new hydraulic return lines , front rotors machined and a leaky brake pump fixed by Chapman Automotive

Car has been serviced every 3-4 months since I have owned it, all fluids checked weekly etc

Car is not immaculate but there is nothing major to do. I use it as a daily driver and has never let me down. There are still a few minor scratches etc that would cut out, would benefit from a full detail (may have this done if I get a chance next week).

Needs a boot carpet, I have been trying to source a replacement for some time. Have the original but its nasty. Previous UK owner must have been a golfer or something

Open to sensible offers, call (after 6pm weekdays) or txt 0401 098839 / email andy@torkington.id.au. Car is in Boronia, Melbourne. It's a nice colour combination with lots spent and great potential.

I will take some photos later in the week if I get home anytime in daylight.